• Apr 16th, 2009 5:50 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5983 posts
159 upvotes
fantom wrote: Simple.

Go to court, plead not guilty and if anyone asks you what's your excuse say you didn't see the sign.

Will this work?

Hell yeah.

How do I know?

A traffic ticket officer that slapped me with one of those told me so (apparently, there is usually NOTHING a judge or a prosecutor can say to challenge that claim... because hey, there are enough "not clearly visible" handicapped parking signs in this city)

Needless to say I got away with it too.

Now, before the rest of you idiots jump on me too and start "judging" me for "taking up" a handicapped spot, it was as legitimate as the original poster's reason - was there for 2 minutes during a pick up/drop off.

So there you have it... end of story. Close the thread. ;)
LOL good job at abusing the system. :mad:
tdu wrote: The only reason to ever park in a handicapped spot is if you are a handicapped person. Because you are only running into a store for a few minutes is not a 'legitimate' reason. It just shows you have no respect for people who legitimately need those spots. The people who need to point that out to people like you are not the idiots.
btw. i agree with you, however, a lot of people who parks at the handicap spots are usually family members or gotten the permit from other ways...

i hate people who does that, they pull in, park in the first spot they see, then go into the mall/shops, while we hve to park all the way to the back...

there are legit people who use it for the right purpose, but there are people who abuses these spots.

o ya, a friend of mine parks outside of the yonge and finch b/c he has a permit from his family members.. parks there everyday free of charge.

oh ya. what happened to OP, he got banned for personal attack?
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12227 posts
157 upvotes
fantom wrote: Now, before the rest of you idiots jump on me too and start "judging" me for "taking up" a handicapped spot, it was as legitimate as the original poster's reason - was there for 2 minutes during a pick up/drop off.

thats not legitimate.

being lazy isnt an excuse for being a jerk.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6083 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
I know the OP is banned but here's my 2 cents.

Maybe you should buy as much as you can carry? Reminds me of people going to Ikea to buy furniture, wheel it out to thier car and then realizing that it won't fit in thier Civic :p

As well, why the heck would you leave your daughter alone while you went to get the car? It'll probably cost taxpayers, and yourself, alot more then your $450 ticket if your kid was kidnapped.

If you know you can't take all your groceries to the car, you can always ask for help. Many grocery stores will help you take stuff to the car.

Your just as bad as the Ferarri I saw parked on University with a handicap permit.
Deal Expert
Nov 27, 2006
16124 posts
362 upvotes
Etobicoke
fantom wrote: Simple.

Go to court, plead not guilty and if anyone asks you what's your excuse say you didn't see the sign.

Will this work?

Hell yeah.

How do I know?

A traffic ticket officer that slapped me with one of those told me so (apparently, there is usually NOTHING a judge or a prosecutor can say to challenge that claim... because hey, there are enough "not clearly visible" handicapped parking signs in this city)

Needless to say I got away with it too.

Now, before the rest of you idiots jump on me too and start "judging" me for "taking up" a handicapped spot, it was as legitimate as the original poster's reason - was there for 2 minutes during a pick up/drop off.
originalnutta wrote: thats not legitimate.

being lazy isnt an excuse for being a jerk.
Thank you originalnutta, took the words right out of my mouth.
Narci wrote: I know the OP is banned but here's my 2 cents.

Maybe you should buy as much as you can carry? Reminds me of people going to Ikea to buy furniture, wheel it out to thier car and then realizing that it won't fit in thier Civic :p

As well, why the heck would you leave your daughter alone while you went to get the car? It'll probably cost taxpayers, and yourself, alot more then your $450 ticket if your kid was kidnapped.

If you know you can't take all your groceries to the car, you can always ask for help. Many grocery stores will help you take stuff to the car.

Your just as bad as the Ferarri I saw parked on University with a handicap permit.
LOL...what does the type of car have to do with anything?? You think handicapped people are all poor or something?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6083 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
Nikita wrote: LOL...what does the type of car have to do with anything?? You think handicapped people are all poor or something?
I'm using it as an analogy...basically think before you buy. If the OP bought too many groceries to carry, to his car, he should have though about it ahead of time. Samething goes with my Ikea analogy. If that the bed you bought won't fit in the car, you should have though of that before you bought it.

As to the Ferarri, yeah..you got me there, but I would fathom that a disabled person would have a really hard time getting into that car that is basically ground level.
Aug 23, 2008
66 posts
Ok first dont mind the some of the poeple on here that acted like there crap dont stink, I think its the mold from living in there parents basement for so long... Just pissing around but really they need stop acting like there so much better and NEVER do anything wrong...

Take it to court and explain what happened and tell them about your money issues and that you would rather give money to a charity or something and the judge will most likely say ok and then you send money to the charity and show the judge the payment and it will go away.
Nov 27, 2006
292 posts
60 upvotes
You deserve it, but I have seen too many ppl abuse the handicap parking. I have seen perfectly healthy person pull into the handicap parking
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4603 posts
257 upvotes
Burnaby
Besides the fact that the OP parked in the handicap spot, did no one else notice that the OP mentioned (s)he left an eight year old child completely unattended, especially in such a high traffic area like a Loblaws entrance?

To me that's a much bigger crime than parking illegally in a handicap spot... That's some pretty bad parenting going on there.
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9950 posts
2432 upvotes
Toronto
You said your daughter couldn't pull 2 full carts to your car but why couldn't you???... pulling 2 carts ON WHEELS doesn't take much effort.

- drag the carts to the car.
- your daughter follows u.
- load the groceries.
- seat your daughter in the car.
- return the cart.
- drive home
- NO TICKET.

BTw, I do not know of a Loblaws that have bars that doesn't allow you to drag the carts to your car.. that defeats the purpose of having those return buggy thingie in the parking lot.

the excuses for your laziness is shamefull... there isn't enough handicap parking spaces to begin with.

BE A MAN, DO THE RIGHT THING!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3000 posts
95 upvotes
Home
originalnutta wrote: thats not legitimate.

Being lazy isnt an excuse for being a jerk.
+1
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12227 posts
157 upvotes
Whatever, the OP has since left this thread and probably this forum.

But let this be a warning to all you other tards who whine and complain when you knowingly park in a handicap spot or cause any other infraction.

I mean, most other traffic laws i can get over, but actually taking up a handicap spot is despicable. What an inconvenience it must be to drag two carts to your car, with your fully functioning legs and arms.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2003
2041 posts
57 upvotes
Sorry, really no sympathy for those that do that. They're there for a reason.

PRAY you never really have to use it LEGIT, and some asswipe went in for groceries for "just 2 minutes".
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5731 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
[QUOTE]Just pissing around but really they need stop acting like there so much better and NEVER do anything wrong[/QUOTE]

Dude you really need to think things through BEFORE you post!

This is about the lowest thing you can do and you stand with him. We all do thing wrong, but MOST adults take responsiblity for their action. What you're saying is "why should he, everybody makes mistakes!" IT WAS NOT A MISTAKE!

Brent
--------------------------------------------------------------
HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks
May 23, 2006
898 posts
58 upvotes
FazerRider wrote: do you know what makes the wheels lock? it doesn't look like the carts have transponders and electric brakes in them.
Used to work in a grocery store, there are electronic locks on the wheels. I worked near the front of the store and used to unlock everyone's shopping cart with an electronic "key". It was absolute hell during the winter going out to unlock the carts. I asked the boss what made them lock and he told me there was a transmitter set up around the parking lot and if the customers pass it, then the wheels automatically lock. There were lines drawn but the customers never noticed...hell I didn't even notice them lol.

I remember one of the assistant managers receiving a call about a shopping cart found 50km away from the store. He drove right out to pick it up in his truck because the carts cost the store $400.

As for the op, try asking an employee to help carry out your groceries or look after your carts next time. Most would gladly oblige because you're basically giving them a break from whatever monotonous task they're doing.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2001
2823 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know what's worse:
1) parking in handicap spot
2) leaving 8-year-old in front of grocery store alone
3) leaving 2 full grocery carts unattended as you went back inside to fetch your daughter and grab some ice
4) telling everyone on RFD how you feel like you got shafted.
5) not realizing you could have had your car towed, your daughter kidnapped, and your groceries stolen.
Hi5exposure Photography
http://www.hi5exposure.com
Jan 4, 2006
503 posts
3 upvotes
North of Toronto
googoo wrote: Dude you really need to think things through BEFORE you post!

This is about the lowest thing you can do and you stand with him. We all do thing wrong, but MOST adults take responsiblity for their action. What you're saying is "why should he, everybody makes mistakes!" IT WAS NOT A MISTAKE!

Brent
Ya the reason people are so upset is because of the particular offense, and the fact that now 2 people have posted saying they knowingly park in handicapped spots and don't consider it a big deal. It's a huge deal. As pointed out, it's about as low as you can go. Again, the problem is not with the people in the thread pointing it out, it's the people in they thread they actually have to point that out to. It's just sad that anyone would think there is a valid reason for parking in those spots other than being handicapped.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
48990 posts
10269 upvotes
Richmond Hill
urameatball wrote: I don't know what's worse:
3) leaving 2 full grocery carts unattended as you went back inside to fetch your daughter and grab some ice
5) not realizing you could have had your car towed, your daughter kidnapped, and your groceries stolen.
5 is worst, obviously :P
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2004
2550 posts
76 upvotes
Ontario
Jon Lai wrote: 5 is worst, obviously :P
Not obvious to the OP it seems.
Heatware: 60-0-0
Deal Expert
Nov 27, 2006
16124 posts
362 upvotes
Etobicoke
BlizzardNeon wrote: Ok first dont mind the some of the poeple on here that acted like there crap dont stink, I think its the mold from living in there parents basement for so long... Just pissing around but really they need stop acting like there so much better and NEVER do anything wrong...

Take it to court and explain what happened and tell them about your money issues and that you would rather give money to a charity or something and the judge will most likely say ok and then you send money to the charity and show the judge the payment and it will go away.
Umm no, can't do that in traffic court. Alternative measures is only available in criminal court.
LOL...well put!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29323 posts
10707 upvotes
Hamilton
/thread

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)