• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2009 1:29 am
Tags:
None
Dec 2, 2005
334 posts
29 upvotes

Problem with Dell.ca Website - Order Status

Has anyone been having problems with Dell.ca website. I am able to log into My Account and view the 'Recent Order Status', however when I click on the 'Order Status' link I receive the following error page.

Error Encountered
An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If you encounter any further problems with your shopping experience at Dell.com, please contact one of our trained sales representatives at 1-877-926-3355 to quickly complete your transaction.
Dell Support

I have called the number listed above as well as their customer service and have just received the run-around. I have also left my comments on their 'Feedback' link at the bottom of the page but no response.

I also cannot see any of my order details by clicking on the order number as that gives me an error too. This has been going on for about 4 weeks now.

Just wanting to know if anyone else had the same problem and if you were able to get it fixed up.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2003
5068 posts
5010 upvotes
Toronto
I had that problem yesterday. Refreshed, etc. for ten minutes, then gave up. Checked an hour later and still the same. Then checked later at night and it was okay.

Still, it's unacceptable. Sure, it's expected that some websites might be down for a couple of minutes a day when overloaded, or having routine maintenance, etc. But a computer systems company shouldn't be having significant problems with their computer systems in the middle of the day, without any significant in traffic (no huge sales, etc.). I assume they use Dell servers for their order system...

Keep trying...
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213938 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Oh, if you do decided to call them at 8 AM EST for customer service, they are still close (and their website says they are open at 8 AM EST), the thing is, their clocks are still one hour behind. They forgot to update their system of the new daylight saving time.

Ju Leon...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)