Tags:
None
Mar 24, 2004
221 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto

Problem with Monster Dre Beats Studio

Hi All,

I bought a pair of these headphones but one of the screws went missing. There are no cracks or anything, however.
I emailed Monster about it and their only solution was for me to RMA it by shipping the entire unit to them (my cost). They then UPS it back to me at no cost.
This entire process would take about 3 weeks.
(they claimed to not have replacement screws and had no answer to "where to get a replacement screw")

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement screw because
a) there's risk of losing the package
b) 3 weeks is a long time

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2210 posts
452 upvotes
Lethbridge
How old are these? Maybe you could return them still and get your money back to buy a good set of headphones, lawl.
[OP]
Mar 24, 2004
221 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Pauly,

I got them in October so ... too late to return 'em.

Anyone have some knowledge to share with me? Pls and thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1322 posts
394 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Buy another exact same pair from the same store. Return the old pair a few days later with the new recipt.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
2731 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
azntrance wrote:
Jan 19th, 2011 6:10 pm
Hi All,

I bought a pair of these headphones but one of the screws went missing. There are no cracks or anything, however.
I emailed Monster about it and their only solution was for me to RMA it by shipping the entire unit to them (my cost). They then UPS it back to me at no cost.
(they claimed to not have replacement screws and had no answer to "where to get a replacement screw")

I don't get why you're concerned. Monster has said they will replace/fix. It's standard that you have to cover the shipping to them. Same with other brands too like V-Moda, etc...except Monster has always been really good with their warranty support.
Witty Comment
"I love to go to the schoolyard and watch the children jump and scream, but they don't know I'm using blanks." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Deal Addict
May 9, 2009
4812 posts
722 upvotes
A friend of mine had a crack in the band after 4 months of use. He contacted Monster and they informed him this was a common issue with the original model. He went through the RMA process as you described without a hitch. They even swapped his black pair for a white pair at his request.
[OP]
Mar 24, 2004
221 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you for all your replies. I feel more confident in sending it in for RMA. Much appreciated :)
Jun 28, 2006
760 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary
rob187 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2011 1:24 am
Buy another exact same pair from the same store. Return the old pair a few days later with the new recipt.

Absolutely do not do this. Not only is this fraud, occasionally products are put back on the shelf even after the store is told that they are broken and subsequently somebody will buy this "new" item.

Don't be an asshat like rob187 and try to screw somebody else over.
Feb 8, 2008
285 posts
1 upvote
rob187 wrote:
Great idea. I should do that.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1640 posts
188 upvotes
azntrance wrote:
Jan 19th, 2011 6:10 pm
Hi All,

No risk if you ship them properly. Use a shipping service with tracking and insurance, and all will be well. A bit of a pain, but really, no need to worry at all.
Aug 29, 2010
417 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
rob187 wrote:
Dude you're genious!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
5617 posts
275 upvotes
Scott84 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2011 1:43 am
Fraud is genious?

:facepalm:

its not fraud, its rma the right way
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1806 posts
16 upvotes
You do know that there are stores that sell small screws for like 5 cents right? I think your first problem was buying plastic headphones with small screws in them.
Jesus Saves, GOD Backs-Up

Packin HEAT
× < >