Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto

Problem with The Source *updated with the problem*

My mil is having an issue with the source. I need name of that woman that can be contacted who works for the star. Also does anyone have a contact at staples that can get things done?
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
It has to do with a kobo she bought with an extended warranty.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
1107 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
Ellen Roseman from the Star does a column on consumer issues from time to time as well as investment things. Is that who you're looking for?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
yes it is thank you
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
Here is what I just posted on their FB page. I typed up an email to them on the website (with my mil's info), but when I pressed submit I received a 404 page error. Not sure if I am going to take the time to try to submit it again.

[QUOTE]The source has the worst customer service ever. The are jerking my mother in law around with replacing her Kobo with the terms of the extended warranty. They replaced it with a refurbished one (terms state it should be a brand new one) That broke down two days later. She brought That one back and they sent it out. Now they are accusing her of breaking the screen and not wanting to do anything. Whe
n she brought the refurb one back they accepted it and there was no mention of the screen being broken. She did not break it. Now they claim they can not find her records of the original exchange when she was given the refurb one. Now they want her to find the original receipt. She will.be contacting Ellen Roseman of The Star and I will be telling all my friends and post this on RedFlagDeals.com. As well I work for a major credit card company and will share this experience with all customers. Especially if they do not replace her Kobo with a brand new one as per the extended warranty agreement

As well, Cary Curtis, the manager of the Oshawa location, while not rude with speaking with me, was rude by walking away and accusing me a threatening him when I did not. I told him, since I work for a major credit card company, I will be passing on this experience and posting it on redflagdeals.com. He kept saying I was threatening him when I asked him to not walk away. I would never threaten someone and if he felt threatened he should have called mall security or the police as threatening someone is a crime. The Source has a poor reputation with service and this is just another example of this. If someone who reads this post wants to contact me, I would welcome it. I would gladly pass my mother in law's info on so she can be contacted directly. Oh and feel free to search RFD as this post here will be showing up there in a matter of seconds.[/QUOTE]
Dec 12, 2008
228 posts
73 upvotes
Saguenay
Not quite sure how important in this story is the fact that you are working for a major credit card company...
Apr 21, 2009
949 posts
109 upvotes
Winnipeg
OP, for a seasoned RFD veteran you're pretty clueles...
6k+ posts since 2006 and no clue how to resolve customer service issues... sorry man, that's just sad.
--- <3

:cry: Personally, I am just scared of Idiocracy turning from a funny movie into a prophecy. :confused:
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2011
1021 posts
70 upvotes
Dieppe
I'd review the message you sent them. I'd especially not say you'd tell all your customers about your experience.
Jan 17, 2010
950 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
What do you do with this major credit card company? Since it seems to be your "go-to" when dealing with bad customer service, what kind of idiot would complain to his customers about a complaint with an entirely different company? "Is there anything else I can help you with today...oh and please don't shop at The Source, they're mean"
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
Never said this is my go to way of handling things. I decided for this situation it was needed and I do know how to get things resolved. We each have our own way.

If ever asked by my customers about places to shop I would tell them to stay away from The Source. I would never just state it out of the blue. Pretty silly to assume I would.
Apr 21, 2009
949 posts
109 upvotes
Winnipeg
D-Roc wrote: Never said this is my go to way of handling things. I decided for this situation it was needed and I do know how to get things resolved. We each have our own way.

If ever asked by my customers about places to shop I would tell them to stay away from The Source. I would never just state it out of the blue. Pretty silly to assume I would.
really?
D-Roc wrote:... was rude by walking away and accusing me a threatening him when I did not. I told him, since I work for a major credit card company, I will be passing on this experience and posting it on redflagdeals.com...
:?: :?: :facepalm:
--- <3

:cry: Personally, I am just scared of Idiocracy turning from a funny movie into a prophecy. :confused:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
Yes really. I said it in this case, but where did I say this is what I say in all disputes with merchants?
Fail

:facepalm:
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Dude,

Just craft a proper letter and send it over to someone at Source Executive Team (linkedin is your best source). They will find someone to respond to you if your story is correct.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Dude,

Just craft a proper letter and send it over to someone at Source Executive Team (linkedin is your best source). They will find someone to respond to you if your story is correct.
+1

Or just keep tweeting negative things, and the source will contact you.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3739 upvotes
Montreal
First, by telling the manager you'd tell all your customers, you were in fact threatening him.

Second, if you really did start telling customers, you'd be opening up a can of worms. Using your job as a platform to air out your personal issues opens your company to liability and puts your job at risk.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
No was not threatening. And no it would not put my company at risk.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2712 posts
1058 upvotes
If it wasn't threatening, that what was it exactly?
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3739 upvotes
Montreal
D-Roc wrote: No was not threatening. And no it would not put my company at risk.
threat /THret/ Noun
1. A statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not...: "the family has received death threats"
2. A menace of bodily harm, such as may restrain a person's freedom of action
You stated an intent to inflict damage on his business in retribution for the poor service you received. Pretty sure that's the exact definition of a threat.

I've worked & managed in call centers for over a decade, including 3 years at Visa. I'd fire an employee in a heartbeat if I caught them pushing a personal agenda to customers.

Your employer can be held liable for your actions during your work hours. The Source (owned by Bell) could easily sue for slander.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)