Automotive

Which province has the most aggressive drivers?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2017 5:28 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Definitely QC!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
If you ask people from any location, who has the worst drivers, they will always say they do.
Ask anyone here on pei and you will get a resounding pei as an answer. Though I do find some stupid drivers here. Those who stop and let people out into their lane, and they and those who they let out who also believe that that also automatically gives them access to every other lane comes to mind. I also find people on bicycles and cruiser motorcycles to be among the stupidest. Bicycles on side walks and riders who feel they don't have to be cautious and that the onus is completely on the motor vehicle driver to watch for them. Same for biker wanna bees who believe that if more than two are riding together they are to be thought of as one complete vehicle. If I had a nickel for every time I encountered a biker, (and I am not talking hell's angles), I mean the yuppie with new harley. You know the type with all the harley gear, helmets and chaps, they remind me of gi-joe action figures, any way a nickel for every time one pulls out in front of me with just enough time with ten more in toe following the leader.
Bicycles on side walks is becoming so bad that city streets are having bike lanes added to them to get the fools off the side walks.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Worst/bad and aggressive aren't necessarily the same.

Most aggressive I'd say Quebec in my experience, however I've gotten into near accidents far more often in Ontario vs Quebec.
Jan 30, 2014
269 posts
32 upvotes
Ontario
Long gone are my crazy days down through the Decarie and Hwy 40, Quebecers drive the same whether it is sunny or snowing. So, I agree that Quebec drivers are more aggressive which is not something to be proud of. :D
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2643 posts
733 upvotes
Ottawa
The province that has the most driver's whose home country permits driving on the left only.....let it simmer.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1861 posts
859 upvotes
Montreal
Quebec...some people here don't know the rules especially in Montreal where right turns are not allowed at a red light...
also some people don't understand that you cant turn at a straight green arrow and have to wait for the solid light to come so they start honking :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Lol, just another day on pei. I still wonder what ever became of that car.
Dude's identity was well buried and that is difficult to do in a small place such as pei. Think his name was posted on you tube then taken down. The law on pei it seems is as corrupt as it is in hazard county. Yee haa
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Feb 27, 2008
586 posts
24 upvotes
Personally I've driven in San Francisco and around the Bay area, Waterloo, London ON, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal, and I found that it's only Toronto that has the substantially worse drivers.

Main offences I've seen include not signaling, cutting people off and not signaling, driving super slowly on the left lane, using high beams or DRLs at night, and not letting people merge. I've rarely to almost never seen this anywhere else; was really pleasantly surprised when people in Montreal and SF let me in when I signaled.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Driving in Montreal I wasn't sure whether I was in Canada or downtown Mumbai.

I never complain about driving downtown Toronto anymore.
Jul 3, 2015
65 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa
As someone who has been to Montreal 5 times in less than 3 months I can easily say its one of the worst places to drive especially if you are coming from decent city like Otttawa so Quebec is one of the worst province for me as well.
Sep 13, 2010
592 posts
167 upvotes
Montreal
Montreal isn't the worse place to drive if you're actually from there. You get used to it lol.
When I drive in Ontario I feel like everyone is more relaxed. In Quebec everyone is always in a rush to get somewhere 30 seconds quicker.
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Agreed it's just a question of getting used to it. I've never found Montreal bad at all if anything the GTA feels worse to me because drivers seem indecisive 90% of the time so idk what they're doing. They're aggressive and reckless in Montreal, but at least they're predictable as a result :lol: To me the roads (both conditions and the abundance of one-ways and narrow streets) are more of a problem in Montreal than the drivers per se.

The worst place to me of all cities I've been in so far was Chicago by a mile. I was past an exit (as in where the road splits) and 3 cars cut me off to take the exit... :razz:
Oct 25, 2017
1 posts
I don’t want to make anyone upset but ya Montreal and laval drives are just not good and driving,
Ll never show blinkers , ll show blinkerbut won’t check blind spot , ll honk for no reason even if it’s the mistake,, super aggressive,,, wont keep proper distance between cars ,,, ll cross solid lines on highway ,,, and if get in to accident and u dnt know French they ll pretend tht they don’t know English just to give hard time ,,, have so many dashcam recordings and personal experiences ,,, man ll never go to no Again ,,, they are super weird and aggressive

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)