• Nov 26th, 2018 7:50 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6424 posts
117 upvotes
Vancouver

Pruning of threads needed?

I was looking at a 5 day old thread with almost 4500 posts. Many of the posts are not directly related to the thread topic. While I understand mods can't be everywhere, the thread in question is a perfect example how a thread can soon get out of control unless there's early intervention.

While I expect the moderators to defend their [lack of action], for users browsing the forum and looking for deals and information related to the subject matter, it's certainly quite frustrating.
1 reply
Aug 20, 2009
6804 posts
1520 upvotes
Grimsby
I share the same frustration sometimes (deal "megathreads" are daunting) but unfortunately certain types of threads it can't be helped, they move quickly. It can a very long time to sort through a long thread and prune it. A 4500 post thread could easily be 1-2 hours. In the time it takes to do what you're asking we could deal with dozens of other problems. This is an incredibly busy time due to Black Friday week, we're already dealing with hundreds of posts/reports every day. Usually I drop a post in the thread asking people to get it back on track. Other times I will edit a thread summary or title if I have a good grasp on the deal/content. If you want to suggest some content for a thread summary or title edits/etc, feel free to shoot us a report/PM and we can do that.

Anyways I'm pretty sure I answered your report so shoot me a PM with the thread link and I will have another look and see what can be done. Going forward if you notice a thread derailing then report it and we'll do what we can.