Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sony Online Entertainment

PS+ August Lineup

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2016 1:36 pm
Nov 29, 2014
94 posts
217 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

[Sony Online Entertainment] PS+ August Lineup

Deal Link:
More offers from Sony Online Entertainment
82 replies
Feb 17, 2015
157 posts
44 upvotes
York, ON
wow are you kidding me?? Tricky Towers and Rebel Galaxy for the PS4? :lol: :lol: :lol:

None of this garbage interests me. My subscription is coming up for renewal. I might just cancel it and stick with my Xbox Live Gold membership and EA Access.

Sony please look at Microsoft and see what they're offering next month. Pales in comparison.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
Yakuza 5 is fantastic for me.
peterpetrelis wrote: wow are you kidding me?? Tricky Towers and Rebel Galaxy for the PS4? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sony please look at Microsoft and see what they're offering next month. Pales in comparison.
Don't think Sony cares, dude.
Oct 14, 2013
906 posts
1914 upvotes
We had NBA 2k16 Last month, Xbox as WWE 2k16 This month.

Meh, Shitty Titles anyway.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
sRSmith1989 wrote: We had NBA 2k16 Last month, Xbox as WWE 2k16 This month.

Meh, Shitty Titles anyway.
Yup. So it's lateral. And despite the console difference, for me, Yakuza 5 > Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. I also love basketball and haven't watched wrestling since the days of the Rock and Stone Cold. So, meh.

I actually wanted to check out Rebel Galaxy when it came out. I think this is an underrated month. Its by no means the best ever, but it's not the worst either.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
3125 posts
5365 upvotes
Toronto
Tricky Towers....wanted that....so great for being free.
Rebel Galaxy...don't care but it might be good.

Yakuza 5 makes the month for me.
Will play Ultratron. Disappointed with another PSP game........it is like they gave up on the Vita :( .

Never buy a curve game...they always come to PS+.
Jul 23, 2011
974 posts
850 upvotes
NORTH YORK
PS Plus had three pretty good months in a row for ps4, so I was expecting this. Hopefully they're just saving up so they can offer better stuff in the Fall, when more people are paying attention. I have a mild interest in Rebel Galaxy, but every time I hear 'procedurally generated' in a game's description, I lose interest -- and I doubt this will be any different. It's always just struck me as an easy way for a programmer to make a long game but not have to bother actually developing an exciting narrative/story to go with it.

Yakuza 5 and Patapon 3 are pretty good for the PS3 and Vita. However, fewer and fewer people are playing those systems anymore (especially ps3), so I can see why people will not like this month.

Personally, I have mixed feelings. Xbox's lineup is objectively much better, but I have 3/4 of those games already, and I don't have high hopes for Warriors Orochi (never played a Warriors game before). Here I'm 0/6, though I really only expect to play 2-3 of these games.
Aug 20, 2009
448 posts
471 upvotes
Bought yakuza 5 at launch. Still havnt played. No regrets
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
I don't even get upset when Plus games or Gold games are good, theres no sense to it, you can be perpetually mad, I'm not sure the last month Plus has offered an actual good game, and Gold does it more often.

Another bad month, Plus is on a streak now. I'm just shocked we don't get any indie trash made specifically for a Plus release this month.
Apr 14, 2012
657 posts
183 upvotes
Calgary
Nice, I was hoping for Rebel Galaxy to show up at some point after seeing GalaxZ go on Plus.
Jul 25, 2016
3 posts
2 upvotes
PS+ used to be too good back in the PS3 days... No wonder it didn't last to this gen.
Dec 1, 2006
479 posts
126 upvotes
Yakuza 5 is awesome. The fans bought it when it came out but hopefully this will help expand the fan base. There are 100+ hours in this game to get 100% if that's your thing.
Feb 21, 2011
20 posts
21 upvotes
St. John's
peterpetrelis wrote: Sony please look at Microsoft and see what they're offering next month. Pales in comparison.
After having bought WWE 2k16 on ps4 last month, whatever games ps4 gets for free will be better than that piece of crap.

WWE 2K16 is literally a broken game.
Nov 28, 2012
63 posts
11 upvotes
Coquitlam
Terrible month as usual. Thinking about jumping ship from Sony ever since my friend got perma banned over his username...
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1290 posts
295 upvotes
Jeremy87 wrote: After having bought WWE 2k16 on ps4 last month, whatever games ps4 gets for free will be better than that piece of crap.

WWE has been trash for years. So for anyone to consider getting free as a good thing has no valid opinion. I am very sorry that you purchased it though :(
Dec 13, 2009
659 posts
273 upvotes
North Bay
Jeremy87 wrote: After having bought WWE 2k16 on ps4 last month, whatever games ps4 gets for free will be better than that piece of crap.

Hmm? I've heard it's one of the best wrestling games from the past decade
and has the biggest roster ever. Never heard anything about glitches... I'm
def going to grab it for free. I would rather have it on the PS4 though.

Anyway, on topic, Yakuza 5 is an awesome game from what I've heard,
I'll def pick that up. Don't really care about anything else though.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
Batarang wrote: Yakuza 5 is fantastic for me.

Don't think Sony cares, dude.
Sony will be wiping their tears away with $100 dollar bills
Oct 16, 2005
556 posts
73 upvotes
Niagara
Yakuza 5 is probably the best thing on here. But i just haven't had the time to play 4 yet :p

The rest of the games look like silly little time wasters. But overall kinda disappointing. But i'm kinda happy, i don't need more games to add to my backlog lol
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
neverhaveiever wrote: Sony will be wiping their tears away with $100 dollar bills
They don't have tears over who wins a peasant contest of who gives away the better free games for a month.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)