Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

PS+ May Update!

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2014 3:26 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Mar 20, 2011
1324 posts
822 upvotes
Bowmanville

PS+ May Update!

Deal Link:
Hey guys!

Tomorrow we get:

Hey guys!

Tomorrow we get:

Puppeteer! Yes!

Surge Deluxe (vita)

No sales announced yet, but I'm sure we'll get something.

and Brothers and Unit 13 are leaving the IGC tomorrow, and Velocity Ultra is leaving next week, so get 'em while you can!

For May we get:

Stick it to the Man! (PS4)
Puppeteer (PS3)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)
Skullgirls Encore (PS3)
Surge Deluxe (Vita)
Limbo (Vita)

6 games this month? Yes please! And I don't have any of them!

Current Free Games: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... SFREEGAMES

Playstation Plus (PS+) IGC FAQ
========================

Q: What does IGC stand for?
A: Instant Game Collection. These are the free games you get from having a PS+ subscription.

Q: When the free games expire, would they also expire on my system
A: No- the expiry date for PS+ games only refers to when they will be removed from the service to make room for new ones. Make sure you get them before they're gone! Titles don't come back.

Q: Do I need to download the free games in order to tie them to my account
A: Sort of. You need to at least begin the download if you are adding the games through a console's PS store. Once the game begins to download, you can cancel it immediately or complete the download. Either method will put the game in your download history, allowing you to download it again anytime you like. If adding the games through a PC on the SEN webstore, then there is no need to start the download.

Q: Do I need one PS+ membership for PS3, one for PS4, and one for PS Vita
A: No- Your PS+ membership will get you all the benefits for all 3 platforms, no matter what system you signed up with.

Q: If my PS+ membership expires, can I still keep the free games
A: No- You need an active PS+ membership to continue playing the free games that were offered through PS+. However, any games you bought with the PS+ discount are yours forever, no matter what.

Q: If my PS+ membership becomes inactive, and I activate it again in the future, would I still have the free games I got before
A: Yes- You regain access to everything that you downloaded while you were a PS+ member. Games, themes, avatars, whatever else they give us...

Q: It is Tuesday already, how come I don't see the games listed as free in the PS Store
A: Unfortunately, the PSN store updates are not set for a specific time on Tuesdays. Usually it happens by 6pm, but sometimes it happens as early as 2 pm and as late as 9pm. However, if you search for the specific free game, it may appear as free or discounted before the store actually updates.

Q: If I purchase a game on sale and I am a PS+ member and get the PS+ price, do I fully own that game or does it also de-activate with my membership?
A: If you paid for the game, whether it was on PS+ sale price or not, you will fully own it even if your PS+ membership expires.
For example, you have an active PS+ subscription, and you purchased a game that was on sale for PS+ members for $5.99 (sale price of $9.99 for non-PS+ members). A few months later you let your PS+ subscription run out, you will still own the game and be able to play it. (thanks Winkle)

Q: What are the different ways I can use to tie a free game to my account?
A:
1. On a PS3:
Both PS3 and PS Vita games can be added through the PS Store by starting the game download (download may be cancelled afterwards to save hard drive space and bandwidth).

2. On a PS Vita:
PS Vita games can be added through the PS Store by starting the game download (download may be cancelled afterwards to save hard drive space and bandwidth).

3. On a PS4:
Similar to on a PS3 (PS4 owners please confirm)

4. On the SEN Store website:
Both PS3 and PS Vita games can be added through this website https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com. You will need to go through the whole checkout process by first adding them to cart and then "purchase" them through checkout.

(You may check the download list to confirm that you have successfully tied the game to your account)

Q: Do I need a PS+ membership to play online?
A: Only on the PS4. Playing online on the PS3 and PS Vita is free.
You just proved signatures work!

Now who would go and edit my signature for no valid reason, especially as it never violated any of the posted terms.... :lol:
192 replies
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2982 posts
2345 upvotes
Fredericton
Cool. I've wanted to play the Puppeteer but never got around to getting it. Slick.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1651 posts
1187 upvotes
Canada
No Muramasa for North America :( Oh well, we still get Puppeteer. I've always wanted to pick up Limbo as well.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
fujiapplelover wrote: No Muramasa for North America :( Oh well, we still get Puppeteer. I've always wanted to pick up Limbo as well.
Might get Muramasa in NA in June... Europe got PES2014 and Puppeteer for April and we're getting them in May.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1399 posts
323 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Dammit. I bought Puppeteer and Limbo a month ago..
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
no Muramasa :-0 , hopefully next month....PES 2014 is pretty bad I heard, but no complains since it's free
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Great.
More junk for the PS4.
Nice doorstop this system is becoming Sony!!!
Even though I've already finished the game, they should offer something like Killzone (oldest & cheapest PS4 game) or that 4hr long $14.99 Assassins Creed Digital Download game.
It would be a great incentive for new PS4 owners to jump on board, now that we're at the 6 month mark and MS is now including a free game with their system.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1651 posts
1187 upvotes
Canada
Winkle wrote: Might get Muramasa in NA in June... Europe got PES2014 and Puppeteer for April and we're getting them in May.
That's what I'm hoping too. But there are a bunch of other games that Europe got that NA never got like Far Cry 3, Metal Gear Rising, and Sly Cooper.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2006
1203 posts
59 upvotes
Woodbridge
fujiapplelover wrote: No Muramasa for North America :( Oh well, we still get Puppeteer. I've always wanted to pick up Limbo as well.
Too bad... I picked it up for the Vita last year on a whim and its one of my favorite games for that system by far.
Deal Guru
Feb 28, 2006
12917 posts
6423 upvotes
Bought puppeteer when It was $7, haven't played it yet. Should've just waited lol. In for Limbo though!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Very good month for me, personally. Missed out on Limbo during the last sale (downloaded the demo to try out and everything), and passed on Puppeteer I knew I wouldn't have time for it and would probably see it in IGC pretty soon.

Will be nice to try out Skullgirls too.
camber wrote: Too bad... I picked it up for the Vita last year on a whim and its one of my favorite games for that system by far.
Exact same! I was reluctant to even open the Limited Edition when I scored one during last year's E3 before FS went out of stock, but boy am I glad I did. Games like Muramasa is exactly what the system needs more of.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1198 posts
877 upvotes
I just had to come on and thank Sleepy for being OP because he's reliable and will update this thread often!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Wow, Puppeteer is pretty good. Has great reviews, but sort of got lost.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
3055 posts
1185 upvotes
Ottawa
PS+ I <3 forever
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Woah! wrote: Great.
More junk for the PS4.
Even though I've already finished the game, they should offer something like Killzone (oldest & cheapest PS4 game) or that 4hr long $14.99 Assassins Creed Digital Download game.
It would be a great incentive for new PS4 owners to jump on board, now that we're at the 6 month mark and MS is now including a free game with their system.
First time I've heard someone complain that the free games are too good, and would rather see older/cheaper games become free. :lol:

If you want old, cheap games for free, and on a less frequent basis, shouldn't you get Xbox Live? ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
3055 posts
1185 upvotes
Ottawa
Woah! wrote: Great.
More junk for the PS4.
Some people... will never learn to appreciate what they have...

Sony does not need to give incentive to sell PS4, they are outselling the Xbone even without any free games...
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
People on the PS blog are complaining like no tomorrow. I guess you're gonna if you own most/all of the games, but still, it's free so I don't get how anybody can ***** . If you buy a game, you risk the chance of it becoming available for a cheaper price, or even free, at some point. That's just the *****ing truth.

I love this month for Puppeteer alone. Was close to buying it but waited. Looks like some other enjoyable games that I wouldn't normally pick up unless they were cheap anyway. So win win for me. Just wish we got Sly Cooper instead of the soccer game.
Jun 4, 2008
512 posts
65 upvotes
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet... been wanting Skullgirls Encore for awhile!
Jul 9, 2006
356 posts
77 upvotes
Anyone know the trade-in value of Puppeteer? I've got a physical copy sitting in my backlog

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)