Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

PS Plus May 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2017 12:06 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2002
5287 posts
3345 upvotes
Styleman wrote: Honestly, I don't understand why Sony or MS feel the need to punish people who forgot to download the free games that month. If you are a subscriber, they should be added instantly to your library maybe with an option to manually or automatically download them. It's cumbersome to have to remember to manually do this every month, and for many titles that may never even get played for a long time or ever.

And maybe for a small extra fee, they could give you access to everything that has been free since the beginning.

All of this would be the logical next step in my opinion, but I don't expect it will ever happen.
I assume it is because publishers get a kickback from there for giving away the games for free. Users for that month who "purchase" it mean that something is calculated and developers get something from it.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Dec 8, 2012
330 posts
235 upvotes
Mississauga
halcyon wrote: Tales of the Borderlands is easily the best Telltale game out IMO... Loved the story and writing despite the fact I have zero affinity for the Borderlands brand.
yeah this game is awesome i actually bought it a few years ago...one of the best by telltale
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2310 posts
1068 upvotes
Toronto
Won't bother with these games, but this is a strong month for the PS4.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2941 posts
1623 upvotes
west Island MTL
Variability wrote: Looks like a weak line up TBH.
this is PS+ thread not xbox live wrong thread! Winking Face
Where There is Fear There Is No Deal
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
They jack up the price of PS+ and continue to offer these crap games.
Apr 12, 2015
759 posts
900 upvotes
Alberta
Decent month, looking forward to play ABZU.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11295 posts
6295 upvotes
Ontario
FearLess wrote: this is PS+ thread not xbox live wrong thread! Winking Face
I have both systems and memberships and Xbox live has much better line up for May. That and I can enjoy 360 games upscaled on Xbox one, ps4 can't play ps3 games, so you need to have both systems. 360 games can also be played if your membership expires.

He/she had a valid point, this month is mediocre at best for Ps plus.
Mar 19, 2015
499 posts
873 upvotes
Is Tales worth playing if I haven't played either Borderlands 1 or 2? Are the stories connected or is Tales just the same setting with callbacks to the main games?
Sep 2, 2016
4 posts
2 upvotes
Styleman wrote: Honestly, I don't understand why Sony or MS feel the need to punish people who forgot to download the free games that month. If you are a subscriber, they should be added instantly to your library maybe with an option to manually or automatically download them. It's cumbersome to have to remember to manually do this every month, and for many titles that may never even get played for a long time or ever.

And maybe for a small extra fee, they could give you access to everything that has been free since the beginning.

Here is why they don't automatically download free games for a particular month:
They're rewarding those that have paid into the service for longer, by giving them more chances to get free games (or at least, leased games if you're PS+).
If you're active and keeping up on when the new games come out, you can take advantage of the service. It's an incentive to keep up to date with what's on offer, and by dragging you back to their website, you'll maybe be influenced by other deals and advertisements. If you forget to acquire your free (or leased) games, then too-bad, so-sad. Makes you want to not miss checking in, doesn't it? Bingo. It doesn't make sense to give you access to everything that's been free from the beginning as it would penalize loyal subscribers that have been with them for longer than someone that might want to...pay for a month or three, and nab /everything/ that's ever been free.
This is all incentive to keep playing and keep coming back. It is geared towards rewarding people that are active and are consistent subscribers.
Not that both services have been very attractive if one is only counting what is free (or leased) for a number of months this year.
C'est la vie.
Nov 22, 2012
44 posts
42 upvotes
Montreal
Nypheral wrote: Is Tales worth playing if I haven't played either Borderlands 1 or 2? Are the stories connected or is Tales just the same setting with callbacks to the main games?
I played the Tales game on PS3 and never played any of the other Borderlands game. It was fun and totally worth it.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Not an amazing month, but quite good for me, personally. Both Abzu and Type:Rider are games I've wanted to try, and Laser Disco Defenders seem potentially interesting. Blood Knights seem like one of those really bad games that I will actually play just for a laugh or two. I might even boot up Port Royale if I can find space for it just to see if I enjoy it enough to give the series another shot on PC... did not like the first one back in the day.
Nypheral wrote: Is Tales worth playing if I haven't played either Borderlands 1 or 2? Are the stories connected or is Tales just the same setting with callbacks to the main games?
It is absolutely worth playing regardless of whether you know anything or even like any of the BL games. You'll enjoy the cameos and the odd references more if you have, but there aren't that many or that important to the story.

I'm still kind of mystified how good that game actually is, considering the quality of their releases before and since. Not just the story and writing, which are obviously great. But the performance on PS4 and the voice acting, both of which have been spotty at best in many of their games, is consistently good throughout the episodes.
Apr 13, 2017
18 posts
2 upvotes
Yes! I've been contemplating on whether I should get ABZU or not. Glad I waited for it.

Thanks OP!
Dec 8, 2012
330 posts
235 upvotes
Mississauga
yeah its awesome you dont need to play the other ones...great game especially not to miss when its free
Dec 8, 2012
330 posts
235 upvotes
Mississauga
bytoocor wrote: Yes! I've been contemplating on whether I should get ABZU or not. Glad I waited for it.

Thanks OP!
same i was thinking about this game looks very different was on sale before as well...glad i waited as well
Mar 11, 2004
811 posts
619 upvotes
Quebec City
When will this be available? May 2nd?
Jun 26, 2009
813 posts
387 upvotes
Calgary
have both the games.. but surely they're both nice games :) good for people who didn't have these games!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)