Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Nintendo

PS Vita Deals Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2017 8:22 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 8, 2009
678 posts
441 upvotes
Edmonton
civicb wrote: Same here...haven't turned on my ps3 since vita launched and it's been collecting dust...lol

Btw...did anyone trade in a eb version of ac:r to fs? I know they refused to take the signature edition due to different UPC.

Ya they do take the ebgames one, I traded in 3 copies of the ebgames exclusive AC:R games to FS for wipeout, rayman and ninja gaiden with no problems. For some reason thought they thought they were to FS exclusive ones even though one of them had the ebgames exclusive pre-order codes inside the case itself lol. Btw my PS3 is also collecting dust as well as my 3DS I bought last month ever since I got my vita lol.
Apr 28, 2011
256 posts
29 upvotes
I got a weird email from SEN today.

Dear Sony Entertainment Network account holder,

After performing routine system maintenance, Sony Entertainment Network sales tax records were mistakenly modified and some customer's accounts were charged sales tax in error.

Between November 18, 2010, and April 11, 2011, one or more transactions originating from your account was charged sales tax in error. Correcting this, we will refund the errant charges back to your account in the amount of $1.43 via your Sony Entertainment Network wallet. This will appear in your transaction history as a one-time inclusive credit.

We are diligently working to correct this error and will have your account refunded by March 31, 2012.

Thank you,
The Sony Entertainment Network Team

I don't remember being charged tax on anything for a long time at the psn store... But yay I'm getting $1.43 back in my wallet!
Dec 8, 2009
678 posts
441 upvotes
Edmonton
kuothebest wrote: Hmm didnt know that. i play the vita when i switch off the light and it is very clear. :(

All vita's have this problem, though some have spots that are more visible then others. Just make sure you can't see any of them while the screen is displaying any color expect for black, my first vita had a problem where the black spots were visible during gameplay and video which is not normal. I exchanged that vita and now I can only see the black spots during a completely or nearly completely blank black screen in a dark room. No display technology is perfect and unfortunately this is one of the drawbacks of OLED, but I'd still rather deal with this then having to deal with an LCD/LED screen.
Apr 23, 2011
916 posts
259 upvotes
Newcastle
ghostworld wrote: I got a weird email from SEN today.

Dear Sony Entertainment Network account holder,

After performing routine system maintenance, Sony Entertainment Network sales tax records were mistakenly modified and some customer's accounts were charged sales tax in error.

Between November 18, 2010, and April 11, 2011, one or more transactions originating from your account was charged sales tax in error. Correcting this, we will refund the errant charges back to your account in the amount of $1.43 via your Sony Entertainment Network wallet. This will appear in your transaction history as a one-time inclusive credit.

We are diligently working to correct this error and will have your account refunded by March 31, 2012.

Thank you,
The Sony Entertainment Network Team

I don't remember being charged tax on anything for a long time at the psn store... But yay I'm getting $1.43 back in my wallet!

I've been charged tax on everything I bought, except the last thing (whatever it was), and I haven't received an email. If I did, I would be getting $20+ back. Spent $200 since 2010.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
1442 posts
2078 upvotes
OK, going to ask a dumb question. If I get a PS Vita and buy only physical games, do I need a memory stick? I will never download. Do I need it for saved files?
Apr 28, 2011
256 posts
29 upvotes
couponmummy1 wrote: OK, going to ask a dumb question. If I get a PS Vita and buy only physical games, do I need a memory stick? I will never download. Do I need it for saved files?

Yes you'll need a memory stick for save files and patches and stuff. Sounds like you'd be fine with the 4gb which is $20.
Sep 26, 2009
84 posts
6 upvotes
Kelowna
Do the PSN cards go on sale ever? I stocked up on tons of XBLA points last time RCSS had a sale on them, was wondering if I'd be able to do the same for PSN at some point. Thanks.
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15657 posts
588 upvotes
Lookingforguddeals wrote: Do the PSN cards go on sale ever? I stocked up on tons of XBLA points last time RCSS had a sale on them, was wondering if I'd be able to do the same for PSN at some point. Thanks.

Here's a hot deal for you: Walmart 20$ PSN cards are $19.83!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
Setz wrote: Here's a hot deal for you: Walmart 20$ PSN cards are $19.83!

FLAMING HOT!!!!!

All I need to do is buy $2340 worth of PSN cards and I get a $20 one FREE!
Board games!!!!
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15657 posts
588 upvotes
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: FLAMING HOT!!!!!

All I need to do is buy $2340 worth of PSN cards and I get a $20 one FREE!

We should totally get a group buy going; this is an insane price!
May 31, 2008
456 posts
284 upvotes
Lookingforguddeals wrote: Do the PSN cards go on sale ever? I stocked up on tons of XBLA points last time RCSS had a sale on them, was wondering if I'd be able to do the same for PSN at some point. Thanks.

I recall RCSS having a sale where you got 2 $50 cards for $80.
Apr 18, 2008
918 posts
295 upvotes
Mississauga

Very rare, because they require activation. I did load up on a bunch when Walmart had two $20 cards for $30, but that was a number of months ago.
Aug 21, 2007
51 posts
5 upvotes
Edmonton
Darko wrote: I suck so bad at wipeout :(

What control scheme are you using? If you have it on the default, try switching it to "wipeout". It's much easier with left and right air brake set to the triggers IMHO.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
4344 posts
382 upvotes
Mississauga
Darko wrote: I suck so bad at wipeout :(

Keep playing, you'll get used to it. I love that game a lot. Definitely keeping it for a while.
We Are All Witnesses.

NOT a Heat fan. Only a LeBron fan (since 2002)
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
Ooo went to exchange my vita the Sony rep was there and gave me a nice vita cloth pouch. Goes nicely with my feb case and serve as a cleaning cloth :D
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2372 posts
469 upvotes
Edmonton
wai_lai416 wrote: Ooo went to exchange my vita the Sony rep was there and gave me a nice vita cloth pouch. Goes nicely with my feb case and serve as a cleaning cloth :D

Did you buy online from Sony? Are we allowed to take it to them for exchanges etc?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1651 posts
1187 upvotes
Canada
wai_lai416 wrote: Ooo went to exchange my vita the Sony rep was there and gave me a nice vita cloth pouch. Goes nicely with my feb case and serve as a cleaning cloth :D

Where was this? Are they giving out the pouch to every body?
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
refraxion wrote: Did you buy online from Sony? Are we allowed to take it to them for exchanges etc?
nope i bought the FEB from eb, they just exchange the console out of a normal wifi for me. but i'm sure even if u buy from sony online, you can exchange in store, i have done it before with other items such as cameras and such.
fujiapplelover wrote: Where was this? Are they giving out the pouch to every body?
nah this wasn't to everyone, it just happened that the sony rep was at the eb store and i asked if he got any free screen protector for me cause i ended up having to buy another one because i exchanged mine vita. he said sorry no, but let see if i got anything to give u, found a nice vita pouch and gave me that :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)