• Mar 20th, 2017 5:23 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5413 posts
235 upvotes
Calgary
i know its getting late to post this but anyone looking to run homwbrew grab this game from the market asap...only 10 bucks and you can play all the old emulators/etc...

note this doesnt work for playing copied games and you will not be able to get on psn in the future once they block it in a firmware update...

http://wololo.net/wagic/2012/04/22/insert-title-here/
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1643 posts
818 upvotes
Montreal
markj wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2012 3:17 pm
i know its getting late to post this but anyone looking to run homwbrew grab this game from the market asap...only 10 bucks and you can play all the old emulators/etc...

note this doesnt work for playing copied games and you will not be able to get on psn in the future once they block it in a firmware update...

http://wololo.net/wagic/2012/04/22/insert-title-here/

The game is already gone. I hope homebrew doesn't happen. I want developper support, not an abandoned to death, pirated device
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
1925 posts
174 upvotes
Bulletwithbatwings wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 1:02 pm
The game is already gone. I hope homebrew doesn't happen. I want developper support, not an abandoned to death, pirated device

The DS had a ton of homebrew and honestly, a lot more piracy than the PSP. The PSP died because it just wasn't as approachable to small developers early on. It was full of crappy licensed games and ports for the longest time before it became the JRPG monster it is now.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2008
4748 posts
1808 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bulletwithbatwings wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 1:02 pm

Wololo's HBL could not, cannot and probably will not ever run ISO loaders. Its a common misbelief that his work is responsible for the rampant piracy that plagued the PSP.
Dec 24, 2011
12 posts
1 upvote
Kitchener
Ascott wrote:
Apr 24th, 2012 11:10 am
The DS had a ton of homebrew and honestly, a lot more piracy than the PSP. The PSP died because it just wasn't as approachable to small developers early on. It was full of crappy licensed games and ports for the longest time before it became the JRPG monster it is now.

Works great! Pretty happy with how it's working. Would be better to stream it but, can't complain too much.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5413 posts
235 upvotes
Calgary
aeba7 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2012 10:22 am
Wololo's HBL could not, cannot and probably will not ever run ISO loaders. Its a common misbelief that his work is responsible for the rampant piracy that plagued the PSP.

+1 im running hombrew on my psvita now ...great to run snes, doom and n64 games on vita's awesome oled screen...
Mar 1, 2012
69 posts
7 upvotes
The whole problem is that they're not being entrepreneurial as of now. They're looking at a problem as a impossible situation that piracy will ruin **** blah blah. It does damage but Nintendo's consoles are always the heaviest of pirated.

What we need is more along these lines:

1. Allow homebrew, legitimately
2. Make it easier for smaller producers and independent studios/developers to publish their works for $1 if they wish (Apple-concept)
3. Bring emulators to these consoles with $5 roms (again probably $1 sales promotions here and there)
4. MAKE THEIR PROBLEMS THEIR OPPORTUNITY!
Oct 27, 2008
73 posts
4 upvotes
Coquitlam
7-Endless wrote:
Apr 6th, 2012 3:04 pm
Good to know. I ordered the Monoprice TPU case and will report back on it once I receive it. If I don't like the TPU case I'll probably go with this Biogenik silicon protector.

How is the case?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5413 posts
235 upvotes
Calgary
just got mortal kombat for ~$13...here is how....

- bought resistance 3 ps3 for ~$13 at BB with 50% off used game coupon (used ispu)
- traded it to FS directly for mortal kombat as per the deal in their flyer this week...

credit goes to someone on neogaf in the canadian deal thread...
Mar 1, 2012
69 posts
7 upvotes
I haven't touched my Vita for the past few weeks.

Just like no one touched this thread.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
1925 posts
174 upvotes
Not surprising. Pretty much every platform has a post-launch lull for a couple months. In the next four weeks the platform is getting Resistance: Burning Skies, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, and Gravity Rush. That's not a bad month at all.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1135 posts
133 upvotes
Scarborough
Tagrawr wrote:
May 11th, 2012 1:17 am
I haven't touched my Vita for the past few weeks.

Just like no one touched this thread.

Maybe because there's no deals to be had? This is the deals thread right?
May 31, 2008
382 posts
53 upvotes
supremekai wrote:
May 11th, 2012 2:36 pm
Maybe because there's no deals to be had? This is the deals thread right?

It will pick up once they announce a price cut at E3.
Mar 1, 2012
69 posts
7 upvotes
I guess so... but it pains me to see it so dormant. T_T

Anyway, can't wait for the Vita to be fully exhibited and exploited (not in the sense you're thinking lol).
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel