• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2010 8:45 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 27, 2008
578 posts
14 upvotes

PS3 Cinavia solution?

Was watching The Loser Blue-ray rip other night. This message came up.
“Audio outputs temporarily muted. Do not adjust the playback volume. The content being played is protected by Cinavia™
and is not authorized for playback on this device. For more information, see http://www.cinavia.com. Message Code 3.”
Anyway to work around it?
14 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16214 posts
256 upvotes
GraphixDee wrote:
Sep 5th, 2010 11:23 am
Was watching The Loser Blue-ray rip other night. This message came up.

Anyway to work around it?

Ive never even heard of this, the ps3 is supposed to supprt everything for blurays. Is yours updated?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2006
9799 posts
369 upvotes
this is new tech in teh ps3 to prevent you from watching illegally downloaded movies.

it was part of the last update. it recognizes teh audio and if its illegal as in a rip, it will mute the audio. thats the price you pay for illegally downloading your movies. it uses some detection technology.

i believe its already being put on all blu-ray players and will be a part of future dvd and blu-ray releases
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
6845 posts
394 upvotes
Yup, it's supposed to be in all new blu-ray devices by now, although I believe the only rip that has it implemented right now is The Losers. It's an audio watermark that the ps3 and some other updated/updateable bluray players detect. It will trigger the error if the audio source doesn't match the release it was ripped from. As I understand it it's subaudible tones that trigger the protection. There's a way to clean the mkv files, but it hasn't been extensively tested yet...but from a bunch of forums discussing it, it seems that several workarounds are successful so far. I ran across it while I was looking into an unrelated trouble with media streaming for ps3.

It does NOT apply to watching material on PCs, DVD players, HD streaming units, and older model bluray players.

A bit of tech info taken from another site: How Cinavia is applied - an example: If someone were to "CAM" a movie and use a ‘line’ audio source (from a headphone jack, as opposed to recording the ‘crowd’), the watermark in the ‘line’ audio will search for its match - in this case, being a theatrical source. Since a TS or CAM’s ‘line’ audio doesn’t match the original release format, Cinavia will block or restrict playback of the file.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2468 posts
215 upvotes
Just a bump to the top....Im really looking forward to a solution. The Karate Kid was muted because of the stupid Cinavia.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Apr 24, 2006
924 posts
3 upvotes
Simple solution. Buy or rent an original disc.
thechampion116 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2010 2:18 pm
... thats the price you pay for illegally downloading your movies. ...
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16214 posts
256 upvotes
RunOrDie wrote:
Nov 13th, 2010 7:52 pm
Just a bump to the top....Im really looking forward to a solution. The Karate Kid was muted because of the stupid Cinavia.

Does streaming have this issue? ive been good so far
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1806 posts
16 upvotes
Hey I thought I'd bump this thread as I actually do have the (easy) solution...

On the PS3 in "sound settings" select "optical out" (even if you use HDMI for sound) and check off all frequencies. Next, go to "multi-audio output" and select "yes". Instead of getting 5.1 out you will have 2 channel but hey, its a very simple setting to change and then change back after your done with your movie :lol:
Jesus Saves, GOD Backs-Up

Packin HEAT
Dec 2, 2008
623 posts
58 upvotes
Belleville
MasZakrY wrote:
Dec 20th, 2010 4:06 pm
Hey I thought I'd bump this thread as I actually do have the (easy) solution...

On the PS3 in "sound settings" select "optical out" (even if you use HDMI for sound) and check off all frequencies. Next, go to "multi-audio output" and select "yes". Instead of getting 5.1 out you will have 2 channel but hey, its a very simple setting to change and then change back after your done with your movie :lol:

That didnt work for me. The only way to finish a movie was to change the time on the ps3 for every 20 minute cinavia warning.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1806 posts
16 upvotes
redblue wrote:
Dec 21st, 2010 12:28 pm
That didnt work for me. The only way to finish a movie was to change the time on the ps3 for every 20 minute cinavia warning.

You may have to restart the ps3/restart PS3MS. After Cinavia has detected the sound signature and has muted the audio it needs to be started "fresh". I use HDMI for sound and this solution works every time.

Packin HEAT
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
6609 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
Just buy or rent the movie.

This is redflags, looking for the cheapest deals legally, not a forum on how to bypass illegal rips.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1806 posts
16 upvotes
PCDawg wrote:
Dec 21st, 2010 5:08 pm
Just buy or rent the movie.

This is redflags, looking for the cheapest deals legally, not a forum on how to bypass illegal rips.

Backing up your own blu-rays is not illegal and Cinavia should be criminal as I never agreed to this "technology" when I purchased the PS3 in the first place.

Packin HEAT
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
267 upvotes
Kitchener
Lol... I see lots of PS3's going back soon :)

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
Dec 2, 2008
623 posts
58 upvotes
Belleville
MasZakrY wrote:
Dec 21st, 2010 4:35 pm
You may have to restart the ps3/restart PS3MS. After Cinavia has detected the sound signature and has muted the audio it needs to be started "fresh". I use HDMI for sound and this solution works every time.

I'll try that. Didn't reboot when I tried last time.
× < >