• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2017 10:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2276 posts
151 upvotes

PS3 controller problem

I have a ps3 controller dual shock that was working fine and for whatever reason stopped working overnight.

Pressing the buttons does nothing.
So i plugged it to the PS3 thinking that maybe the battery was empty but the nothing happens.
It doesn't even have the blinking lights.
Pressing buttons didn't do anything either.
So i left it overnight and the next day after turning on the PS3 the lights starting blinking and the buttons were working.
So i left it and went to play in the evening and the controller is dead again.
No blinking lights, buttons do nothing.

Has anyone had this before and now what the problem is?
4 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2276 posts
151 upvotes
I opened it and the battery read 4.0V.

But I removed the battery but it still doesnt work when plugged. Shouldnt it work when plugged despite the battery?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4173 posts
1172 upvotes
Kingston, ON
HammerJoe wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 2:52 pm
I opened it and the battery read 4.0V.

But I removed the battery but it still doesnt work when plugged. Shouldnt it work when plugged despite the battery?
Could be a cord issue.

I "fixed" a friend's controller issue w her PS3 by plugging controllers in w my cord instead of hers, which was bent up too much. A good connection by plugging in not only charges the controller, but allows it to sync with the PS3, in case for some reason it's lost the sync.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2276 posts
151 upvotes
Mike15 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 9:28 pm
Could be a cord issue.

I "fixed" a friend's controller issue w her PS3 by plugging controllers in w my cord instead of hers, which was bent up too much. A good connection by plugging in not only charges the controller, but allows it to sync with the PS3, in case for some reason it's lost the sync.
Not sure its the cord because i have another controller that works fine with the cord.