PS3 to Dell 2209wa Monitor Display Problem

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2014 11:57 am
[OP]
Jul 12, 2014
1 posts
Toronto, ON

PS3 to Dell 2209wa Monitor Display Problem

Hi, so I today I tried to connect my ps3 to my dell 2209wa monitor. I used a female hdmi to male DVI-D dual link adapter.
The problem is that I cannot see anything on the screen. I've tried the ps3 video resets but the monitor either is all black or doesn't detect the input, and yes the monitor is HDCP compliant so no issue there. Also the adapter works and hdmi cable work since i tested them both. I am genuinely confused at this point and don't know what else to do. Please help.
1 reply
Feb 14, 2009
838 posts
256 upvotes
Russell25 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2014 1:41 am
Hi, so I today I tried to connect my ps3 to my dell 2209wa monitor. I used a female hdmi to male DVI-D dual link adapter.
The problem is that I cannot see anything on the screen. I've tried the ps3 video resets but the monitor either is all black or doesn't detect the input, and yes the monitor is HDCP compliant so no issue there. Also the adapter works and hdmi cable work since i tested them both. I am genuinely confused at this point and don't know what else to do. Please help.
Try to find second option for parts:
-- find another HDMI source and test
-- find another DVI_D display and test
-- find another cable and test. Try also HDMI-to-VGA option
-- if not available replacement for HDMI->DVI, find any DVI source or any HDMI display

in the end of this exercise, you will be able to
find suspected device and move forward to fix it.

But before all , check if power is there for every device and
monitor is set to autodetect source.