Expired Hot Deals

[Loblaws] PS3 Eye Camera for $29.99 at Loblaws (RCSS too?)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2008 10:09 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1376 upvotes
Kanata

[Loblaws] PS3 Eye Camera for $29.99 at Loblaws (RCSS too?)

Not Earth shattering, but it's the lowest price I've seen on it yet. I would assume the deal may be going on at Real Canadian Superstores as well, but YMMV...
14 replies
Nov 12, 2004
86 posts
2 upvotes
Yes RCSS has it for that price as well. It seems to drop down to that price once a month at RCSS.
Dec 21, 2006
930 posts
12 upvotes
What is the use of this camera really? I got it but it turns out it doesn't work on the PC which sucks. Might be taking it back.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
359 upvotes
realityzero wrote:
Apr 27th, 2008 11:17 am
Yes RCSS has it for that price as well. It seems to drop down to that price once a month at RCSS.
BBV has had this for $35 reg. price for a long time. not sale price.

FYI
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2006
1028 posts
12 upvotes
I saw this last week at RCSS at Dufferin. This is regular price though, there was no indication it was a sale.

Does anyone know how well this works when hooked up to a PC? I might pick one up if it'll pull double-duty.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1376 upvotes
Kanata
dinb wrote:
Apr 29th, 2008 9:45 am
What is the use of this camera really? I got it but it turns out it doesn't work on the PC which sucks. Might be taking it back.
Did the Playstation packaging not suggest to you that this is not a PC peripheral? It may work, but probably not very well, if at all.

The PS3 Eye is for audio/video chatting over the PSNetwork, and for use with some interactive Eye games. The most advanced usage is for the game Eye of Judgement.

I have one I got at BBV for $32 a while back and have had some great video chat sessions with far-flung relatives. The audio is surprisingly good and it plays back full-screen at a very good frame rate.

What more do you want? :confused:
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10254 posts
498 upvotes
The camera is very good and Sony showed off some new stuff using the camera at a major event a couple of months back.
I believe it was tank game where you could draw it on the screen using arm movemeents and have battles.
Apr 24, 2005
248 posts
6 upvotes
superstore has actually had it at 35 for a long time and best buy recently dropped down from 45 or 40 perhaps down to 35...

I think I will pick it up for 29!
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2002
1239 posts
76 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
dreadknot69 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2008 4:53 pm
Does anyone know how well this works when hooked up to a PC?
Look 2 posts up from yours...dinb says it doesn't work on the PC...I assume he is correct.
dinb wrote:
Apr 29th, 2008 9:45 am
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3861 posts
171 upvotes
It's only for the game Eye of Judgment isn't it?
Nov 13, 2006
265 posts
400 upvotes
gsrce wrote:
Apr 29th, 2008 9:14 pm
It's only for the game Eye of Judgment isn't it?
Captain Snazzypants wrote:
Apr 29th, 2008 5:23 pm
Did the Playstation packaging not suggest to you that this is not a PC peripheral? It may work, but probably not very well, if at all.

The PS3 Eye is for audio/video chatting over the PSNetwork, and for use with some interactive Eye games. The most advanced usage is for the game Eye of Judgement.

I have one I got at BBV for $32 a while back and have had some great video chat sessions with far-flung relatives. The audio is surprisingly good and it plays back full-screen at a very good frame rate.

it isn't that hard to read the previous posts, is it?
Mar 5, 2004
178 posts
1 upvote
it can be used with the ps3 singstar game to not only capture your singing performance, but how you look when you sang the song...
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3861 posts
171 upvotes
pronator wrote:
Apr 29th, 2008 9:26 pm
it isn't that hard to read the previous posts, is it?
I read that, but I was mentioning it again, because people were asking if it was usable for the PC, and I was mentioning it's only real use for games that I knew of was for Eye of Judgment.
Dec 21, 2006
930 posts
12 upvotes
It's not compatible yet for the PC since it turns out that there are no drivers. I imagined that it would work fine the way the xbox 360 camera works. They have drivers for the PS2 version of the camera, "eye-toy", so I am sure that they will come up with drivers for the PS3 camera eventually.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1497 posts
94 upvotes
Thornhill
Captain Snazzypants wrote:
Apr 29th, 2008 5:23 pm

surfmonster wrote:
Apr 29th, 2008 9:05 pm
Look 2 posts up from yours...dinb says it doesn't work on the PC...I assume he is correct.
dinb wrote:
Apr 30th, 2008 9:52 am
It's not compatible yet for the PC since it turns out that there are no drivers. I imagined that it would work fine the way the xbox 360 camera works. They have drivers for the PS2 version of the camera, "eye-toy", so I am sure that they will come up with drivers for the PS3 camera eventually.
Don't trust everything you read.

http://www.emagi.co.uk/2006/09/12/use-y ... -a-webcam/
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel