• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2017 6:04 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4835 posts
648 upvotes
calgary
I'd take an amazing shorter game over a longer drawn out game any day of the week regardless of price. Portal 1 and 2 were both amazing and both kept it short.

I'm not saying this game is going to be amazing but the supposed length of the game doesn't deter me one bit. In fact because I don't have a ton of time and so many games to get through so a shorter well-crafted game like this could be, sounds incredibly appealing regardless of price.

It's a new IP, with a new state of the art engine on a single console... If they sold this for 20$ like some people are expecting then they probably wouldn't make there money back and since I want more games like this with large production values and nice graphics so hopefully a lot of people pick this up at full price. Or maybe people would rather if they littered it with pointless DLC like Evolve.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7067 posts
390 upvotes
Hiitsdj wrote:
Feb 17th, 2015 5:07 pm
Where did I say anything about the price? Price isn't everything.

Ones a game. The other is a game. Fair comparison. It can still be good if short. That's all.

Oh ReeGee again, trying too hard there, man.
Actually, I'll go with ReeGee on this one. One is a 4 door mid size sedan, the other one is a 4 door midsize sedan ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4835 posts
648 upvotes
calgary
Lol are you guys seriously comparing TWD with the Order?

A more apt comparison should be games like Infamous SS, Wolfenstien, and Portal 2, Ryse. Games with high production values, shortish campaigns and no multiplayer. All 70$ retail titles.
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
276 upvotes
TORONTO
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Feb 17th, 2015 5:58 pm
Lol are you guys seriously comparing TWD with the Order?

A more apt comparison should be games like Infamous SS, Wolfenstien, and Portal 2, Ryse. Games with high production values, shortish campaigns and no multiplayer. All 70$ retail titles.
Was no comparison at all, ReeGee had to do what ReeGee does. I was pointing out that Walking Dead won GOTY, and it's very short, so people need to stop worrying about the length.

Or hell, worry about the length, and buy don't buy it. Like I'm going to do. No reason to post more than once saying how unhappy you are that it's short. It happens, some games are short and yet amazing. Some games are long, and aren't very good. I'll take the first option.
Nintendo sucks. Steam sucks. I don't buy games. I buy licenses. #PCMasterRace
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6040 posts
1319 upvotes
The quality of the hours over the quantity matters more.

Where did some of you get it early? I pre-ordered from BB online so hopefully I will receive it on its Friday release date.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1613 posts
102 upvotes
Montr
Played for about 5 minutes tonight, all quick time events to start. The stupid on-screen tutorials are cropped off the screen, so I have to guess what they are trying to say, there is no control over the bounding box of the display. boo.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2895 posts
213 upvotes
drdrma wrote:
Feb 17th, 2015 8:54 pm
Played for about 5 minutes tonight, all quick time events to start. The stupid on-screen tutorials are cropped off the screen, so I have to guess what they are trying to say, there is no control over the bounding box of the display. boo.
I get the feeling this thing is going to turn out to be the butt of all jokes when it comes to QTE...

Shame. I was so excited back when it was first announced and I started seeing images and footage. The art style and atmosphere are just fantastic, not to mentioned the raw graphical quality was pretty impressive on its own too. I still think it's own the best looking games I've ever seen, at least the character models anyway. But it looks like it might just be a tech-demo, nothing more. Nothing screams lack of ideas more than QTE... :confused:
“My biggest problem with modernity may lie in the growing separation of the ethical and the legal.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7067 posts
390 upvotes
Cropped off? You can't adjust display size??
Hmmmm, QTE FTW
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2361 posts
174 upvotes
Durham Region
played for about an hour tonight...after the initial QTE cutscenes, it feels like steampunk Gears of War with the shooting and cover system... not bad so far... Im guessing it's gonna end up hovering around the 7/10 mark because of the reported short length.
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
276 upvotes
TORONTO
Maximize wrote:
Feb 17th, 2015 10:48 pm
I get the feeling this thing is going to turn out to be the butt of all jokes when it comes to QTE...

Shame. I was so excited back when it was first announced and I started seeing images and footage. The art style and atmosphere are just fantastic, not to mentioned the raw graphical quality was pretty impressive on its own too. I still think it's own the best looking games I've ever seen, at least the character models anyway. But it looks like it might just be a tech-demo, nothing more. Nothing screams lack of ideas more than QTE... :confused:

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say the QTE are a bad thing. It's a generic looking third person shooter. How interesting of a concept is THAT exactly? I don't think QTE are personally going to make the game much worse or better. It's not like Ryse which could have an interesting combat system, it's just duck, cover - shoot.

Personal opinion of course. I might not be as tired of shooting things throughout a whole game as the next guy is. I know a couple of users will pick at this game having QTE's just for a reason to say something bad, but I could understand why some people may not like it. Gamefaqs however has been pretty decent about the game.
Nintendo sucks. Steam sucks. I don't buy games. I buy licenses. #PCMasterRace
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7314 posts
241 upvotes
Someone was streaming it on the PS4 yesterday.

Looks hella nice. It looks very similar to Gears Of War as far as combat goes. Storyline seems very interesting. I only watched the stream for like 15 minutes though.

Could be a hit.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1613 posts
102 upvotes
Montr
Played for 40 minutes last night. Played on the VITA, the cropping not an issue on it, remote play (remote link on the ps4?) works well, I didnt feel like it was getting in the way of gameplay. The game got pretty good after the first five minutes, once you start shooting. I think I like, I might really like it. I might play the whole thing on the vita and pretend this is the syphon filter they never made.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2458 posts
464 upvotes
Scarborough
Mastercard was charged today. $55.36 with tax from Best Buy. Game should be here by Friday.

I dont care what anyone says, this game looks great and length doesnt concern me the least. People nagging either dont have a ps4 or are just not planning on buying it, so their just spewing hate.

Wah! Wah! This game is only 30fps, and its not really 1080p because theres black bars, PCs rules the worlds, geeks are the new thugs.

Keep saving those pennies boys..
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2458 posts
464 upvotes
Scarborough
drdrma wrote:
Feb 18th, 2015 7:11 am
Played for 40 minutes last night. Played on the VITA, the cropping not an issue on it, remote play (remote link on the ps4?) works well, I didnt feel like it was getting in the way of gameplay. The game got pretty good after the first five minutes, once you start shooting. I think I like, I might really like it. I might play the whole thing on the vita and pretend this is the syphon filter they never made.
Im looking forward to remote playing it away from home as well, but on my Xperia Z3 :)
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
981 upvotes
Vaughan
TDotHacker wrote:
Feb 18th, 2015 7:30 am
Mastercard was charged today. $55.36 with tax from Best Buy. Game should be here by Friday.

I dont care what anyone says, this game looks great and length doesnt concern me the least. People nagging either dont have a ps4 or are just not planning on buying it, so their just spewing hate.

Wah! Wah! This game is only 30fps, and its not really 1080p because theres black bars, PCs rules the worlds, geeks are the new thugs.

Keep saving those pennies boys..
Well said!

Who cares if the game is cinematic at 30 FPS, that it's not even the industry standard of 1080p, that it has less than a work days amount of play time including the amount of time you spend with the controller on the table. This is a good game, it's obvious the developers put a lot of work into it.

People who have PS4s, myself included, should just gobble up any game released for the platform, just because. We shouldn't use our brains or wallets to make rational decisions at all. Or, God forbid, we say anything negative about a video game (any platform included).

/sarcasm everywhere

I'll save my pennies for games that deserve it, I have plenty to play. You should respect your pennies more, and demand quality games.