Tags:
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
972 upvotes
Vaughan
Redmask wrote:
Feb 21st, 2015 12:34 pm
I got a chance to play it at a buddy's place last night and I think its a perfectly fine cover shooter if you like that sort of thing. This being rated next to Ryse is ridiculous and probably more related to the insane hype surrounding it which is a cautionary tale for PR companies.
Haven't played Ryse yet, but I love the setting. What was your thoughts on Ryse?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1323 posts
641 upvotes
Windsor
Ascott wrote:
Feb 21st, 2015 1:23 pm
Ryse is a mediocre spectacle fighter with pretty visuals. The Order is a mediocre Cover Shooter with pretty visuals. The Order has a leg up in atmosphere/world design, but frankly it seems like it and Ryse should be good friends.
Ryse has online co-op and less QTEs IMO. The Order, while being $10 more, has way more useless QTEs that got me killed 10+ times.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2004
3248 posts
106 upvotes
Sherbrooke
mymuro wrote:
Feb 21st, 2015 1:51 pm
Ryse has online co-op and less QTEs IMO. The Order, while being $10 more, has way more useless QTEs that got me killed 10+ times.
You can't compare price, all game went up by $10 since ryse release....
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4854 posts
1332 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote:
Feb 21st, 2015 1:40 pm
Haven't played Ryse yet, but I love the setting. What was your thoughts on Ryse?
I personally enjoyed it. The combat is pretty basic and it plays like a 6 hour QTE fest but the PC version is one of the best looking games I've ever seen and it's mostly fun while it lasts. If it goes on sale for ~$10 I'd say go for it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6379 posts
169 upvotes
Played it all day yesterday.

The game is pretty awesome. Graphics is MINDBLOWING. Storyline is pretty solid and have a very good potential to be epic but the game is very very short.

If you are a PS4 owner, you are missing alot if you dont play it. NEXT GEN GRAPHICS AT WORK. . If you dont want to pay the full price get it on kijiji. I got mine for $45. Definitely a MUST PLAY.

I didnt expect PS4 was capable of this but man this game really showed it off.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
1959 posts
179 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2015 6:20 am
I didnt expect PS4 was capable of this but man this game really showed it off.
At 30FPS and a reduced resolution. I wouldn't exactly laud the game as a technical accomplishment.
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
276 upvotes
TORONTO
Ascott wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2015 11:56 am
At 30FPS and a reduced resolution. I wouldn't exactly laud the game as a technical accomplishment.
Let's ignore how gorgeous the game is because it's not 1080p/60fps
Nintendo sucks. Steam sucks. I don't buy games. I buy licenses. #PCMasterRace
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6379 posts
169 upvotes
Ascott wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2015 11:56 am
Show me a game that is even coming close to this graphic wise?. Cant find it?.

There you go.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
972 upvotes
Vaughan
kevindurant1 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2015 1:23 pm
Show me a game that is even coming close to this graphic wise?. Cant find it?.

There you go.
Even Skyrim with mods looks better than it.

I'd show you, but it would be wasted as Hiitsdj and your eyes apparently can't see past 30fps/800p.
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
276 upvotes
TORONTO
squadz wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2015 1:31 pm
Even Skyrim with mods looks better than it.

I'd show you, but it would be wasted as Hiitsdj and your eyes apparently can't see past 30fps/800p.
Sure, and GTA IV can reach 4k resolution with mods. But that's with mods, on PC and this is a console game. Try harder.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
972 upvotes
Vaughan
Hiitsdj wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2015 1:33 pm
Sure, and GTA IV can reach 4k resolution with mods. But that's with mods, on PC and this is a console game. Try harder.
Crysis 3. 2 years old now. Consoles are playing catchup.

I'm not even trying, it's just embarrassing how uninformed some of RFD's users are when it comes to PC vs. consoles.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
235 upvotes
Ascott wrote:
Feb 21st, 2015 1:23 pm
Ryse is a mediocre spectacle fighter with pretty visuals. The Order is a mediocre Cover Shooter with pretty visuals. The Order has a leg up in atmosphere/world design, but frankly it seems like it and Ryse should be good friends.
The Order is a beautiful game with a great story and starting platform to build a franchise on. Granted the QTE's are not everyone's cup of tea. I would welcome a sequel that would address everyone's complaints.
The thing with Ryse is that you don't really care about the story to even want a sequel. Heck even the developer was disappointed with the sales of the title and Ryse 2 may not even come out.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
276 upvotes
TORONTO
squadz wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2015 1:38 pm
Crysis 3. 2 years old now. Consoles are playing catchup.

I'm not even trying, it's just embarrassing how uninformed some of RFD's users are when it comes to PC vs. consoles.
With mods, sure it looks better. I question again why did you even bring up the PC? It seems you always feel the need to do this. Squadz. It is okay for a console game to look great.

This is the best looking game on console. Period. Even at 800p, and even with 30fps!

It seems everyone minus the PC fanbase can admit this game looks amazing.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
1979 posts
519 upvotes
I returned it and got a PSN card instead and picked up Shadow of Morder for $35. I'll pick this back up when it hits $20.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel