• Jun 15th, 2017 6:04 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4689 posts
592 upvotes
divx wrote:
Mar 31st, 2015 10:21 am
someone beat bloodborne in 44 minutes? not even dark souls speed run is that fast
Yeah but he used a bunch of exploits and glitchs to skip a good majority of the game.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5772 posts
690 upvotes
Grimsby
It was a silly comparison, the average BB run is roughly 25-40 hours, the average Order run is 6-8. They are two very different sorts of games anyway.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4174 posts
1759 upvotes
Toronto
signore wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2015 10:21 am
Gaming. You're doing it wrong.
Say this to the developers who made it. Hehe.
Got an Established Ebay selling Account? I'm looking to increase my selling limit. DM me!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5769 posts
1207 upvotes
With gliches and exploits, a few people have beat Zelda: Ocarina of Time in 18 minutes or less
and Skyrim's main story quests in less than 40 minutes of playtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq6pGJbd6Iw

http://kotaku.com/someone-finished-skyr ... 1658477957
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Mar 31st, 2015 10:28 am
Yeah but he used a bunch of exploits and glitchs to skip a good majority of the game.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2023 posts
190 upvotes
divx wrote:
Mar 31st, 2015 10:21 am
someone beat bloodborne in 44 minutes? not even dark souls speed run is that fast
There's any% runs of Dark Souls of something like 18 minutes.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13788 posts
2334 upvotes
Toronto
Planning to buy this game for $25 from Kijiji. Worth it?
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
276 upvotes
TORONTO
carmaster wrote:
Apr 11th, 2015 8:53 am
Planning to buy this game for $25 from Kijiji. Worth it?
At $25? Hell yeah. I'd pay $30 if I seen it hit that.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4952 posts
1440 upvotes
Toronto
anyone else buy this for $4 this week and been playing it? I figure I'd give it a shot at that price and even though I generally enjoy generic linear shooters, this game isn't doing anything for me in the couple hours I've played so far.
The thing that really caught me by surprise is how god awful it looks. Everyone knows this game got ripped by reviewers for its length and gameplay but the one redeeming point I kept hearing about, especially in this thread, was how "incredible" it looks and I really don't see that. Everything is so blurry and shitty looking, the black bars, obnoxious use of motion blur/DOF, awful textures, generic boring level design, bland characters. The graphics in this game are straight up awful compared to Uncharted 4, or any of the old Naughty Dog remasters. I don't even think this game makes the top 10 for best looking games of 2015.
Honestly shocked by how bad this game is. Maybe I'll change my mind as I get further but right now my opinion of it is very very poor
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5769 posts
1207 upvotes
Ready at Dawn has to make Indie games now because nobody wanted to fund their next game after The Order 1886.
Their work they are credited for before The Order 1886 was just acting as a 3rd party that does coding or port conversions for other companies (instead of making games themselves):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ready_at_Dawn

Comparing Ready at Dawn to Naughty Dog is not a fair comparison.
ND is probably the top game developer right now or at least in the top 3 most talented game developers.
There is a big gap in talent between the two.

The Order 1886 looks good in motion, but the image clarity looks worse because of motion blur and it is running at 900p resolution with black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.
Overall it is about a 6/10 game at best. Some parts are slower than others.

You might want to avoid Killzone Shadowfall (it is a First Person Shooter, not 3rd person) because it is also a game that looks good graphically but has poor level
design in some stages which drags the whole game down.

Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4952 posts
1440 upvotes
Toronto
Is it an unfair comparison though? Both games were marketed more or less the same way. AAA exclusives that took years to develop (this thread started in 2013) heavily funded and marketed by Sony as the next big thing for the PS4. The only difference is Uncharted 4 actually delivered. Perhaps comments in this thread set my expectations unrealistically high for the visuals but I honestly can't get over how BAD this game looks. People would criticize Nintendo and the WiiU for having weak hardware, especially back in 2015, but I have never played a WiiU exclusive with visuals this bad
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
26603 posts
1628 upvotes
Winnipeg
ReeGee wrote:
May 15th, 2017 12:41 am
anyone else buy this for $4 this week and been playing it? I figure I'd give it a shot at that price and even though I generally enjoy generic linear shooters, this game isn't doing anything for me in the couple hours I've played so far.
The thing that really caught me by surprise is how god awful it looks. Everyone knows this game got ripped by reviewers for its length and gameplay but the one redeeming point I kept hearing about, especially in this thread, was how "incredible" it looks and I really don't see that. Everything is so blurry and shitty looking, the black bars, obnoxious use of motion blur/DOF, awful textures, generic boring level design, bland characters. The graphics in this game are straight up awful compared to Uncharted 4, or any of the old Naughty Dog remasters. I don't even think this game makes the top 10 for best looking games of 2015.
Honestly shocked by how bad this game is. Maybe I'll change my mind as I get further but right now my opinion of it is very very poor
it's on sale for $4 now? well the game was pretty decent when it was released
4930k/32gb/256gb ssd/8tb hdd/win10pro/msi 290
bst/free stuff/btc/ether
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4952 posts
1440 upvotes
Toronto
divx wrote:
May 15th, 2017 12:32 pm
it's on sale for $4 now? well the game was pretty decent when it was released
Yup there was a SMS sale last week. The Order was $4, GOW 3 Remastered was $6, picked up both. Decent in what sense? Honestly I have pretty low standards for this genre, especially when I'm spending $4, but I'm still finding it pretty bad. The game play is not very good, the visuals are even worse.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
26603 posts
1628 upvotes
Winnipeg
ReeGee wrote:
May 15th, 2017 1:24 pm
Yup there was a SMS sale last week. The Order was $4, GOW 3 Remastered was $6, picked up both. Decent in what sense? Honestly I have pretty low standards for this genre, especially when I'm spending $4, but I'm still finding it pretty bad. The game play is not very good, the visuals are even worse.
maybe you like rocket league better
4930k/32gb/256gb ssd/8tb hdd/win10pro/msi 290
bst/free stuff/btc/ether
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4952 posts
1440 upvotes
Toronto
OK the opening couple hours were the worst but the over the top weapons you get later on are starting to make it somewhat interesting. It just sucks that you can only carry one primary weapon and it seems like every time I start enjoying one, it gets swapped out for another. I would still kill for a motion blur toggle and I still can't comprehend why the visuals looks so washed out and like the screen is smeared with Vaseline
divx wrote:
May 15th, 2017 4:02 pm
maybe you like rocket league better
no doubt. I can't stop playing that game smh