• Jul 10th, 2015 2:00 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Troutmagneto wrote: I would suggest pouring water into the unit. Shake it up and then empty it into the toilet. Sparkly clean!
Your advice ruined my console...I took your advice and did exactly as you instructed...and now it is not working anymore.

Now, you will have to buy me a new console instead of the one you ruined with your bad advice!
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2896 posts
214 upvotes
Ugh, were it not for Bloodborne I would have waited before buying the PS4. This fan noise is killing me. Not sure what to do now, sell it for a loss, or keep it and maybe open it up and re-apply thermal paste, if that will help (I did it with the PS3). :confused:
“My biggest problem with modernity may lie in the growing separation of the ethical and the legal.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Feb 6, 2014
440 posts
29 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: Your advice ruined my console...I took your advice and did exactly as you instructed...and now it is not working anymore.

Now, you will have to buy me a new console instead of the one you ruined with your bad advice!
My bad. I thought you were talking about a small child.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3333 upvotes
Canada
Noticing the fan a lot more lately .. .but I've only been playing Hardline, and perhaps I've been playing for longer than normal sessions.

But yes, it's loud and annoying and I've noticed it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3333 upvotes
Canada
SpectralMeat wrote: Be careful with compressed air. Iirc warranty specifically warns about using it. I'd just try to vacuum it out.
Made that mistake with an overhead projector .. dust ended up inside the light bulb assembly. Had to take it all apart and vacuum it to get it speckle free.

"Suck" don't "blow" when it comes to electronics. I'll leave your brain to figure out the rest.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Troutmagneto wrote: My bad. I thought you were talking about a small child.
No...you suggested pouring water into the "unit" not the "child."

If worked fine for the child though.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Feb 6, 2014
440 posts
29 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: No...you suggested pouring water into the "unit" not the "child."

If worked fine for the child though.
I meant carbon unit...
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
solution: buy an xbox one or wait for the latest ps4 japan edition to hit na.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes
The launch 20GB Playstation 3 sounded like a jet engine compare to my PS4. Yeah it is louder than my X1 system, but its bearable. Th one thing i also wish they could improve on is the heat it puts out. The PS3 warmed my bedroom (although the Slim they released afterwards has been wonderful) The PS4 is again, not as bad but still pretty warm in comparison to again my X1 system. My first PS3 crapped out on me after only 2.5 weeks of use (kept shutting itself off or wouldn't power on) Sent it to Sony on a Monday and sent me a brand new 20GB system that Wednesday. I hope Best Buy will at least attempt a quick-ish return for your system. Although i highly suggest getting your game saves stored somewhere incase they reset anything on you.
[external link removed]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)