[EB Games] PS4 Slim or XBOX One S for $99.99 if you trade in PS4 or XBOX ONE

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2017 9:17 am
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2006
1648 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
The clerks at the EB store in HW27 and Langstaff gave me hard time with the old controller since the left thumbstick was really wear off, they didn't have the 1TB slim in stock either and want me to get the CoD bundle for $30 more. We Went to the 'Colossus' store in Vaughan and did the change without asking any questions. So you YMMV
Jul 21, 2010
298 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Went to Queensway games stop and was almost scammed. Wanted me to trade in without the extra remote (they were out). Went across the street to sherway and was smooth. Knew exactly what I needed and for a great price ($56 including platinum edge card).
Aug 28, 2014
3 posts
Thanks for this! I traded in my xbox one for the s and also upgraded my hard drive at the same time. I wonder how long it'll take for me to fill the hard drive this time...
Oct 22, 2013
118 posts
46 upvotes
NORTH YORK
askimo wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 7:04 pm
The clerks at the EB store in HW27 and Langstaff gave me hard time with the old controller since the left thumbstick was really wear off, they didn't have the 1TB slim in stock either and want me to get the CoD bundle for $30 more. We Went to the 'Colossus' store in Vaughan and did the change without asking any questions. So you YMMV
you should only pay 80 for cod bundle. same price for uncharted bundle
Nov 27, 2014
61 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto, ON
should i backup my ps4 or is everything saved to the playstation network?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1197 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
ChippewaBarr wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 9:07 am
Also does anyone know where all these OG Xbones and PS4s end up? It seems like a TON of these have come in for the trade in programs...
yeah , whose buying all these used, poor condition consoles and for how much? I also wonder what EB is paying for the new consoles that they can make money on this deal?
Apr 2, 2012
46 posts
24 upvotes
Waterloo
4got10 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 11:16 am
Why don't you just spent $89.00 @ staples and get a 2TB USB HD and hook it up to your PS4 Slim, then you get an extra TB, spend less and not have to go through the hassle of trading in.
Thank you very much, 4got10.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
2558 posts
12881 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
what is the trade in for XboX one? Which xbox S am I getting back?

what should I be aware when doing the trade in?
SELLING

GROUP BUY
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1733 posts
470 upvotes
I really should do this. I have the disc eject problem, once every couple of months it happens though. But I love how the original PS4 looks too much.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2003
1073 posts
22 upvotes
Burnaby
Upgraded my PS4 to the PRO for $222 + tax @Coquitlam . Thanks!
Last edited by bokchoy on Jul 16th, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like Maynards Gummies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1121 posts
435 upvotes
Ottawa
whoa-albert wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 8:57 pm
I really should do this. I have the disc eject problem, once every couple of months it happens though. But I love how the original PS4 looks too much.
Also have this problem, except many times a month. Disc or no disc. Also my hdmi is failing and doesn't talk with my receiver anymore so I have to go direct to my tv.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
2558 posts
12881 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
willyfonsworth wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 4:49 pm
Traded my OG Xbox One for an S this afternoon. Had a small issue with the clerk not getting the promo right but that was quickly corrected by his colleague.

so basically 99.99$ + tax for:

- upgraded Xbox w\warranty
- upgraded controller from original to 3rd gen
- another new 3rd gen controller
- forza horizon 3
- Fate of the furious 4K bluray
- some thumb grips

I would call that a nice deal. Thank OP and everyone else for the valued input.

Let see what Microsoft will push vendors for trade-ins when Xbox One X come out....... lets hope the deal will be better for those with One S' ;)
https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/Qui ... XBOX+ONE+S

Did you get the $350 promo?

Comes with 1 controller and another controller? Total 2 controllers?
SELLING

GROUP BUY
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
2558 posts
12881 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
Rackmount wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 9:40 pm
The console itself has a controller in the box plus they are offering a standalone white controller with the bundle..so yes, two controllers in total
how to I back up my files in my xbox one?
SELLING

GROUP BUY
Jun 22, 2015
107 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Did I get kinda swindled or was what they told me true. They talked me into the platinum edge card and said if I pay the $15 dollars and then cancel, I got a better deal on the trade in for an Xbox one S forza editon. Got the extra controller and free movie but my total came to $131.58 in BC.