[EB Games] PS4 Slim or XBOX One S for $99.99 if you trade in PS4 or XBOX ONE

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2017 9:17 am
Apr 28, 2017
219 posts
122 upvotes
nine7six wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 8:22 pm
should i backup my ps4 or is everything saved to the playstation network?
If you have PS+ you can store your saves on the cloud. Any digital purchases you've made you can redownload off the network
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1252 posts
244 upvotes
Already did the trade for PS4 slim 1TB. Really want the Pro though. Am I out of luck or should I try another EB?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2583 posts
457 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Ok, so never traded one console for another.

For Xbox One... this is correct process?

1. Move all [or as many will fit] games to portable HD [so easier to move games to new console then re download all]
2. Whatever can not move over can be later downloaded on new XB1 S once put in your credentials
3. Reset old XB1 to factory fresh state

For those doing trade... have to give original hdmi that came with XB1 or can give any?

Or wait for XB1 X in Nov for trade??
Sep 28, 2009
141 posts
32 upvotes
georvu wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 10:36 pm
Ok, so never traded one console for another.

For Xbox One... this is correct process?

1. Move all [or as many will fit] games to portable HD [so easier to move games to new console then re download all]
2. Whatever can not move over can be later downloaded on new XB1 S once put in your credentials
3. Reset old XB1 to factory fresh state

For those doing trade... have to give original hdmi that came with XB1 or can give any?
Move the games that you mostly play to a portable HD so you do not have to re-download them, the rest of the games that you own and want to redownload are already in the cloud and should be in the ready to install when you turn on the new xbox and add your account on there. And yes you should factory reset it, but if you do that then you will need to install the update if the eb games plans to check it (I doubt they will). But if you do not factory reset it, make sure you remove every account that is on the xbox in the settings and clear the saved data.

You have to give: Xbox one, power cord, controller, ANY HDMI cable

PS make sure you check that you didn't leave a disc in the drive.
Apr 2, 2011
124 posts
76 upvotes
Montr
I think the extra controller + ff8 + thumb grip deal is dead. The ebgames website does not show the deal anymore.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2583 posts
457 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
SSuperSSaver wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 10:46 pm
Move the games that you mostly play to a portable HD so you do not have to re-download them, the rest of the games that you own and want to redownload are already in the cloud and should be in the ready to install when you turn on the new xbox and add your account on there. And yes you should factory reset it, but if you do that then you will need to install the update if the eb games plans to check it (I doubt they will). But if you do not factory reset it, make sure you remove every account that is on the xbox in the settings and clear the saved data.

You have to give: Xbox one, power cord, controller, ANY HDMI cable

PS make sure you check that you didn't leave a disc in the drive.
Thanks.

So are most folks factory resetting or just removing accounts and saved data?

Think the extra controller and ff8 still on as just checked website... no mention of thumb grips.

Xbox One S 500GB Console with Forza Horizon 3 with Bonus
Xbox One by Microsoft
ESRB : E
Bonus Item: 4K MOVIE OFFER Promotion info
Release Date: 2017-02-10
Buy now
NEW $349.99

Promotion info
Xbox One Controller - White
PROMO FATE FF
PROMO FATE FF
Sep 28, 2009
141 posts
32 upvotes
georvu wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 10:54 pm
Thanks.

Think the extra controller and ff8 still on as just checked website... no mention of thumb grips.

Xbox One by Microsoft
Buy now
NEW $349.99

Promotion info
PROMO FATE FF
PROMO FATE FF
I personally just deleted all the accounts/saved datas saves time incase they do need to check it, or you can factory reset it and reinstall the update up to you both do the trick.

No mention to thumbgrips but they were on the poster, i asked " so, does it come with thumbgrips too?" they said "yes"
Should do it asap because with the extra controller makes it a hot deal! without it, its just meh.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1773 posts
511 upvotes
chriscabob wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 9:07 pm
Also have this problem, except many times a month. Disc or no disc. Also my hdmi is failing and doesn't talk with my receiver anymore so I have to go direct to my tv.
You should probably do the trade then. I noticed the disc ejecting problem always happened around 6-8AM for me when my room is hot. Maybe it's just a coincidence.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
2868 posts
14371 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
georvu wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 10:54 pm
Thanks.

Xbox One by Microsoft
Buy now
NEW $349.99

Promotion info
PROMO FATE FF
PROMO FATE FF
why not the 1TBone?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2583 posts
457 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Thatdealguy wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 11:25 pm
why not the 1TBone?
$50 more, already have external 1 TB drive so total 1.5 TB storage.
Jan 15, 2017
25 posts
1 upvote
I have a question. I am looking to trade in my xbo toward ps4, and I heard 500gb uncharted or cod one is cheaper so I want to grab that. So how much I have to pay more if I trade in my xbo with kinect?
Aug 1, 2010
540 posts
248 upvotes
Good deal, but I would grab a Pro or wait for the Xbox One X, respectively. Not a bad idea to pick one up now and sell it later though. Just nabbed a Pro during one of the SDM events. Best console i've ever owned and the framerate boost is most definitely noticeable and worth it.
Jan 5, 2016
127 posts
61 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
So how do eb games actually really determine a trade in? Seems to be the most YMMV that RFD ever did see.
Sep 8, 2009
202 posts
12 upvotes
Diggingupbones wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 6:31 am
So how do eb games actually really determine a trade in? Seems to be the most YMMV that RFD ever did see.
Best suggestion you'll get is to call the stores 1st before showing up if they have the proper deal. Their system is crap and not all stores are in sync neither do they care

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)