Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] PS4 Slim or XBOX One S for $99.99 if you trade in PS4 or XBOX ONE

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2017 9:17 am
Feb 22, 2013
55 posts
56 upvotes
Antigonish
Did the Xbox One for Xbox One S deal, took some time for them to get it to work (New Glasgow location) but it did go through.

Traded some old games and accessories I don't use anymore and only ended up paying $38 for the Battlefield bundle. Also got the extra controller (had to be white), Fate of the Furious bluray, and the $10 thumb grips.

I did try going on the chat to get a Kinect adapter, the first agent said after looking at SsuperSsaver's chat an order was started but not finished so he told me it was a mistake. The second agent said that this person will likely get in trouble for doing it (yeah ok) and basically said I was lying even with the chat number. The third agent said he would pass it on to another team but still that it had ended and couldn't do anything.

If any of you guys are successful getting an adapter shipped let me know!
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3130 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
Traded my Elite console (but not the Elite controller) for the Forza bundle + Fast8 + extra controller on Saturday morning. At first the Sales rep wouldn't give me the bundle but after re-reading the email that head office sent Saturday morning, they realized it was allowed.

The Elite knocked an extra $30 off the console price too. Definitely a great deal, and I'm so glad I did it!

As for PS4, the rep said that they only allow trading for the Uncharted bundle, as per the email...

OP thanked, and I hope you're all able to get this deal too!
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
2392 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
k_jai wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 1:10 am
Is there a white slim?
Walmart exclusive
Feb 24, 2008
274 posts
25 upvotes
Winnipeg
whoa-albert wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 8:57 pm
I really should do this. I have the disc eject problem, once every couple of months it happens though. But I love how the original PS4 looks too much.
Can't tell you whether to trade in or not. However as for the disk eject. I have the original PS4 and this was driving me nuts. Best solution (I tried them all) is to disable the physical disk eject button and simply eject the disk using the controller and the menu (ie software based eject). Once I did this I never had the eject problem again. Search with google disable PS4 physical disk eject or try this one
Link to disable physical eject

Well worth it and an easy fix.
Sep 16, 2015
11 posts
18 upvotes
De Winton, AB
Noticing a performance increase with the Xbox One S. Faster to display all the games on the external hard drive, less stutter in games (mass effect Andromeda driving would freeze intermittently on the og one). HDMI video out seems to have better contrast too. You're paying an extra $100 for a new xbox, game, extra controller & movie with + 4k UHD.... Pretty happy. The S model is MUCH smaller too.
Nov 22, 2014
13 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, switched from the Xbox One to PS4 Slim with Uncharted bundle.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3130 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
FresnoRob wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 11:00 am
Noticing a performance increase with the Xbox One S. Faster to display all the games on the external hard drive, less stutter in games (mass effect Andromeda driving would freeze intermittently on the og one). HDMI video out seems to have better contrast too. You're paying an extra $100 for a new xbox, game, extra controller & movie with + 4k UHD.... Pretty happy. The S model is MUCH smaller too.
They provided a small uptick on GPU speed and ESRAM bandwidth. I also read somewhere that the hard drive is slightly faster because it uses SATA3, although I generally run games off an external drive anyway, which is still supposedly faster.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5933 posts
1667 upvotes
The Xmas deal was a bit better as you got a bunch of games that worked with the TIV promo, which almost made the upgrade free.

However, still a good opportunity to upgrade your launch system if it's seen heavy usage.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
1386 posts
159 upvotes
Fredericton
raspeed wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 11:44 am
The Xmas deal was a bit better as you got a bunch of games that worked with the TIV promo, which almost made the upgrade free.

However, still a good opportunity to upgrade your launch system if it's seen heavy usage.
That was very hot. I did the trade in during this promo. Old PS4 + Uncharted 4 + Overwatch = New Slim PS4 + Uncharted 4 + Overwatch + $26. Worth it.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1130 posts
180 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
PSA: don't trade in your 1TB PS4 hdd like i did. Switch it out first. I was in too much of a hurry. Whoops.
Jan 15, 2017
21 posts
1 upvote
eswapnil wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 11:28 am
Thanks OP, switched from the Xbox One to PS4 Slim with Uncharted bundle.
Can you let me know How much you paid for it? I am looking to trade in my xbo for ps4. Thx!
Jul 16, 2017
5 posts
Looking for feedback whether I should do this deal:

I have a 1TB OG Xbox One. My controller left bumper is loose and it doesn't work unless directly plugged in so I am going to definitely need a new controller soon.

The EB games next to me told me the maximum value for the Xbox one trade in is still $200 regardless if it is 1TB or 500GB so the GOW/FH3 bundle would be $149.99+taxes ($169.99). I exclusively play Halo so I would most likely trade back GOW/FH3 for $20 back leaving my total to be $150. So, is it to get 2 controllers + Xbox One S console upgrade for $150?? I am still on the fence because if I were to get Xbox One X when it comes out the Xbox One S would probably have a higher trade in value than OG Xbox One. Thoughts?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
2392 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
Jim0306 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 1:20 pm
Can you let me know How much you paid for it? I am looking to trade in my xbo for ps4. Thx!
Gna assume $99 like the deal says...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)