• Jul 25th, 2017 9:17 am
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3382 posts
1270 upvotes
Anjou, QC
Jim0306 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 1:20 pm
Can you let me know How much you paid for it? I am looking to trade in my xbo for ps4. Thx!
Nexzen wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 1:52 pm
Gna assume $99 like the deal says...
The promo was originally meant to be PS4 -> PS4 // or XB1 -> XB1 for $99.99
It seems that it was never intended to be cross platform.
Promo Breakdown WHEN TRADING A XB1:
PlayStation 4 500gb Slim Uncharted Console = $349.99
PROMO trade value of XB1 500GB system = $200
PROMO discount off Uncharted console = -$50.00
FINAL cost = $99.99 + tax

Note: If a person trades an Xbox One towards a PS4, they can only get the 500GB $349.99 Uncharted bundle for $99.99.
If they still want the 1TB $379.99 PS4 Slim they must pay the difference.

Check 500GB store stock here: https://www.ebgames.ca/StoreLocator/Ind ... ntType=New
Updated thread summary for clarity.
Sep 21, 2009
23 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP! Traded in my fat 500gb ps4 for a forza horizon 3 Xbox one S bundle with extra controller, fate of the furious uhd blu ray and thumb grips for $113 after taxes.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5119 posts
1800 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
It may be worth doing this trade, as in the future you may also receive a higher TIV by using the XB One S towards an XB One X when those deals inevitably show up.

Who knows, at some point they may even just stop accepting the OG XB One launch systems on trade, or heavily discount it's value.

Those systems are getting old, and were notoriously far more buggy than the XB One S has been.

Well worth the $99 upgrade.
Jan 20, 2008
872 posts
210 upvotes
Hello,

Have a question on trading the xbox 1 for the new S, how did you guys back up your old xbox, did you fully reset it when you traded it in, also how do I get all my old stuff on to the new xbox.

thanks
Nov 22, 2014
13 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Jim0306 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 1:20 pm
Can you let me know How much you paid for it? I am looking to trade in my xbo for ps4. Thx!
I went to the SmartCentre Thornhill EB Games (very nice people). Here is how my receipt looked (I also traded in a couple of games and got the platinum edge card so my exact figures were a little different):

===================================================
Xbox One trade-in (Console, 1 controller, power cord): $180
Discount for new console with trade in: $50
---------------------------------------------------------------
Total discount: $230

PS4 slim (Uncharted bundle): $349
Minus discount: -$230
---------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $119 + tax
===================================================

One piece of advise - if you're trading in games, buy the new console first and then trade them in as a 2nd transaction. This is because they have a promo where if you spend over $50 they give you this scratch card that may have a trade-in bonus. I didn't do this but realized later I could.

Sold my Kinect on Kijiji for $40 and have an extra Xbox controller lying around that I'll trade in to EB games when they start accepting them again (they have too many right now).
Nov 22, 2014
13 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Weird - I had called a couple of places and they told me it was $180, not $200 for the XB1 500 GB.
Jun 6, 2008
218 posts
40 upvotes
taank wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 2:59 pm
Hello,

Have a question on trading the xbox 1 for the new S, how did you guys back up your old xbox, did you fully reset it when you traded it in, also how do I get all my old stuff on to the new xbox.

thanks
I am leaning towards this trade in as well, but have the same question as above. I do not use an external drive (have a 1 TB Xbox One). What is the 'best' solution here?
Aug 27, 2006
257 posts
30 upvotes
Traded in my original Xbox One for the NEW S model for $99. No hassle at all. Got the Forza Horizon bundle plus the 2nd controller, Fast and Furious, and controller nubs.

This deal is virtually a no brainer... the controller alone is virtually worth the cost, plus you get all the benefits of the S model and the bonus movie and new hardward warranty.

Thanks op!!
May 14, 2009
350 posts
3827 upvotes
Sherbrooke
imainnidalee123 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 1:42 pm
Looking for feedback whether I should do this deal:

I have a 1TB OG Xbox One. My controller left bumper is loose and it doesn't work unless directly plugged in so I am going to definitely need a new controller soon.

The EB games next to me told me the maximum value for the Xbox one trade in is still $200 regardless if it is 1TB or 500GB so the GOW/FH3 bundle would be $149.99+taxes ($169.99). I exclusively play Halo so I would most likely trade back GOW/FH3 for $20 back leaving my total to be $150. So, is it to get 2 controllers + Xbox One S console upgrade for $150?? I am still on the fence because if I were to get Xbox One X when it comes out the Xbox One S would probably have a higher trade in value than OG Xbox One. Thoughts?

The deal is that the console trade is market value of 150$ but they bump it to 200$ and the console cost (bundle) is reduced by 50$. so this means 350$ - 50$ (new console reduction) - 200$ (trade in value) = 100$ out of pocket. My local EBgames was willing to go with whatever bundle I wanted but would have to pay the difference from the 350$ base bundle (500gb forza or battlefield 1).
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
2558 posts
12881 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:58 am
Traded my Elite console (but not the Elite controller) for the Forza bundle + Fast8 + extra controller on Saturday morning. At first the Sales rep wouldn't give me the bundle but after re-reading the email that head office sent Saturday morning, they realized it was allowed.

The Elite knocked an extra $30 off the console price too. Definitely a great deal, and I'm so glad I did it!

As for PS4, the rep said that they only allow trading for the Uncharted bundle, as per the email...

OP thanked, and I hope you're all able to get this deal too!
can someone send me the email? please?

And what about the platinum edge? I thought it was free but someone said there will be extra discounts if you have the edge card?
SELLING

GROUP BUY
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1733 posts
470 upvotes
Do they test the controllers? The R1 on my PS4 controller is a bit loose but fully functional.
Aug 30, 2009
160 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys, just curious how you backup and delete all personal account information on the old PS4 and install to the new one ? kinda new on this console world
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3130 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:31 pm
can someone send me the email? please?

And what about the platinum edge? I thought it was free but someone said there will be extra discounts if you have the edge card?
The email is the one that employees receive from the head office, and they usually print it out and stick it in a binder at front desk.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Jun 19, 2011
114 posts
26 upvotes
GTA
I traded in my 1TB Xbox One for the 500TB Xbox One S Forza bundle. They plugged the old one in just to make sure the lights came on. They didn't look closely at the cables or controller. They were all in mint condition anyway.

I received an extra $20 in trade in since it was a 1TB unit. It ended up being about $90 after tax.