• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2017 9:17 am
Feb 10, 2010
740 posts
235 upvotes
Ajax, ON
metallica86 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:33 pm
Hey guys, just curious how you backup and delete all personal account information on the old PS4 and install to the new one ? kinda new on this console world
if you have psn account save all the data of your games in progress into the online storage then go to settings and go to initialization, this will erase all the information of your ps4. Finally when you get your new console log in with your account and all your digital games will be in the library, download them into your new console and then go to settings and transfer the data from your online storage to the console storage.
Aug 27, 2006
257 posts
30 upvotes
taank wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 2:59 pm
Hello,

Have a question on trading the xbox 1 for the new S, how did you guys back up your old xbox, did you fully reset it when you traded it in, also how do I get all my old stuff on to the new xbox.

thanks
There's nothing to backup. All your settings, saves, and games are stored/synced in the cloud now. All i did was do a full reset before I traded it in. When I signed into the new Xbox One S, all my old games were listed as Ready to Install. Takes a while to get them all downloaded again, but it works. Fire up the game and the old saves showed up. Was seamless!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
4075 posts
166 upvotes
Where on the Eb Games site are you all seeing this deal? I went in to my local store today to trade in my launch XB1 for the S, guy looked at me like I was from outer space. This was on the north shore of Montreal.
Dec 19, 2011
95 posts
39 upvotes
Hamilton
direct-x wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 4:15 pm
Where on the Eb Games site are you all seeing this deal? I went in to my local store today to trade in my launch XB1 for the S, guy looked at me like I was from outer space. This was on the north shore of Montreal.
Some people received an email with the promotion. It's also on the EB Games twitter account
Dec 19, 2011
95 posts
39 upvotes
Hamilton
taank wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 2:59 pm
Hello,

Have a question on trading the xbox 1 for the new S, how did you guys back up your old xbox, did you fully reset it when you traded it in, also how do I get all my old stuff on to the new xbox.

thanks
You don't need to backup anything, once you sign in to the same account on the new Xbox it will sync your games and save points. In the "My Games and Apps" all your games will be there and you can re-download them. To save on downloading them again, you can plug in an external hard drive and transfer them over, that's what I did. I then fully reset my Xbox and brought it in.
Nov 29, 2014
8 posts
1 upvote
Calgary, AB
Thanks OP, traded my OG xbox 500 and I received Xbox S + The Fate Of The Furious + thumb grip and Xbox One s controller for $99. This was in Calgary, South Centre. Sold by blu-ray for $7 lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1503 posts
23 upvotes
Traded my xbox 500 for the Xbox S in Thunder Bay. I didn't even have to ask about the extra controller, they just pulled everything off the shelves and I paid the 99 plus taxes. Super smooth transaction.
Feb 19, 2010
775 posts
170 upvotes
YYC
WTF! I just found out now that the PS4 Pro does NOT play 4K disk movie?? Is this 100% true?
Nov 23, 2003
666 posts
19 upvotes
smuPoker wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 11:52 am
That was very hot. I did the trade in during this promo. Old PS4 + Uncharted 4 + Overwatch = New Slim PS4 + Uncharted 4 + Overwatch + $26. Worth it.
Can you explain and share how EB completes the trade in calculation? I love to do the same!
Sep 27, 2009
177 posts
25 upvotes
Montreal
Importz wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 4:38 pm
WTF! I just found out now that the PS4 Pro does NOT play 4K disk movie?? Is this 100% true?
yes that is true.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1156 posts
182 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Daijoubu wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 1:05 pm
Go back for it lol?
I did. One day later. They said all the PS4's are packed up and ready to go and they'd have to open each one up to find my serial number. They then said that I agreed to the trade by signing it and there's no space in EB Games to swap my hdd out on the spot. Ha. They kinda have a point. Wish I had realized it sooner. :(
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
2247 posts
117 upvotes
Maple
Yes i wished they had included 4k playback

Which is the precise reason i just traded up to an xbox one s...took all of 20 mins and i was out the door...
Importz wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 4:38 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2797 posts
1183 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:33 pm
Do they test the controllers? The R1 on my PS4 controller is a bit loose but fully functional.
That's the fun last time I traded my ps4 fat that wasn't working properly when you stick a game in. I was sweating a bit and all they did was power up system to see if it turns on and pressed eject to eject any disk left. They didn't even look or test controller out
Jun 22, 2015
142 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto, ON
They didn't even check to see if my system turned on or anything really. I have the original box with all the foam and packaging. I wrapped it back up and threw a controller in, HDMI and power cord. The dude literally checked nothing, just made sure the Xbox was in there. I could have kept my controller and cables. I think he though it was brand new.

They also asked what color controller I wanted, could have had black, blue, red or white. I went with a second white.

Make sure they don't try and force you into that shitty paid edge card. They told me I needed to get the level 3 paid edge card but that it was "free" because I was trading in a console. Well stupid me listened and went along with it. When I got home I checked my bill and had a $15 level 3 edge card charge. I went back today and the guy tried to tell me no returns on edge cards, but I showed him the site says you have 7 days, He made 300 phone calls asking how to make a return on an edge card and kept trying to make me out to be the bad guys as their was 2 customers waiting, like maybe if you didn't scam me in the first place you wouldn't have needed to do your job...