• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2018 10:54 am
Tags:

Poll: Xbox or Ps4 for first person shooter

• Total votes: 13. You have voted on this poll.
Xbox One

46%
Ps4

54%

Poll ended at Jan 26th, 2018 9:54 am

[OP]
Jul 10, 2016
26 posts
13 upvotes

Ps4 or Xbox one?

Pros... cons... which one should I buy? I like playing first person shooter games.
23 replies
Mar 29, 2015
172 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
For fps the XBox one has the elite controller with paddles. Mine is still on the way, but it should make using the face buttons easier in games where your thumbs need to be on the sticks all the time. Otherwise it depends on what your friends/family have if you want to squad up with them.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5011 posts
705 upvotes
calgary
Where do your friends play? This one is a big deal if you plan to play multiplayer.

Do you have a preference on the controller? Some people don't like the placement of the analog sticks on the PS4 controller, others prefer it.

Is their any franchises that you are into that are only available on one system? Strictly speaking about FPS Sony has Killzone, CoD/Destiny map back exclusivity, Xbox has Halo, PUBG, and Gears (Gears is a third person shooter but I think it fits the bill). Sony has a lot of great third person narrative games that you may not want to miss though.

Do you see yourself taking advantage of the subscription services on either console? PS4 has PSnow which lets you stream older PS3 and PS4 titles on the cloud for a small fee and Xbox has EA Access and Xbox Gamepass the former lets you download and play any EA game (with new games having 10 hour time limit) and the latter is a rental type service that allows you to download and play a fairly big catalog of older Xbox titles as well as new first party titles for a fee.

Do you want a 4K blu Ray player? Xbox one S/X has this, PS4/PS4 Pro does not

How do you feel about graphics? Currently the Xbox One X offers the best graphics followed by PS4 Pro, PS4, and Xbox One S is the worst.

How about price? They all are priced differently with the cheapest being the Xbox One S and the most Expensive being the One X.

I don't want to tell you what to buy, but ask yourself these questions and how important each item is to you. Hopefully you should find your answer.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1450 posts
343 upvotes
4 years in with both consoles, and now own the Pro & X models. Basically this is what it comes down to for me.

PS4 = Better exclusive games

Xbox One = Better everything else
Aug 20, 2009
6395 posts
1049 upvotes
Grimsby
Get whatever your friends have and failing that, get whatever one you prefer the controller for.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7885 posts
887 upvotes
Victoria
I prefer the ps4 but that's because (for the most part) I like single player action/adventure/rpg/hack n' slash games. Sony puts out a number of exclusives right up my alley (god of war, uncharted, last of us, infamous, horizon zero dawn etc...). That's how I ended up going from an original xbox/xbox360 person to a ps3/ps4 person. I'd buy both, but Xbox hasn't really put any exclusives out for me to play.

Your asking about FPS's though and I can't think off the top of my head really good sony exclusives, so for that you might be better off on the xbox? I think the xbox one is the more versatile machine (And the xbox one x is the more powerful) but it's really up to the kinds of games you want to play, and what system your other friends use.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1411 posts
730 upvotes
Windsor
PS is only for single-player games. Xbox is the way to go regarding shooters, especially competitive multiplayer shooters.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1054 posts
270 upvotes
PS4 Pro and Xbox One X here. No regrets.
[OP]
Jul 10, 2016
26 posts
13 upvotes
Most of my friends own an Xbox. So Xbox it is. Thanks for the info though. +1
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6192 posts
1951 upvotes
Canada
More scrubs on Xbone ... in any COD I've cross-played my KDR is significantly higher on Xbone.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2298 posts
294 upvotes
Ajax
Can't believe we are doing this again....buy both, the one your friends play one, the one with games you like most, the one that can take advantage of your A/V set up.
Mar 29, 2015
172 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Also if you buy the digital game you should be able to play them on PC with the XBox anywhere feature as well as on the console itself.
Feb 1, 2018
7 posts
My opinion you have to buy PS4 friend. I also play the game on PS4 its really awesome gaming console. Xbox also good console but I don't Xbox joypad because Xbox joystick both one side like PS4 it has one stick upright and second one down left side but if you saw the PS4 both sticks have a downside and adjust with your thumb that's why it's very easy to play a game on the joystick and also PS4 has awesome shape game console.