• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2018 10:54 am
Tags:

Poll: Xbox or Ps4 for first person shooter

• Total votes: 13. You have voted on this poll.
Xbox One

46%
Ps4

54%

Poll ended at Jan 26th, 2018 9:54 am

Feb 1, 2018
7 posts
PS4 and Xbox One both are really awesome gaming console but I will refer you to buy a PS4 console because PS4 console it's too good and easy for playing more than Xbox One and also PS4 shape looking awesome. I like PS4 more than Xbox One. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15195 posts
3625 upvotes
JosephCanady wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 2:39 am
PS4 and Xbox One both are really awesome gaming console but I will refer you to buy a PS4 console because PS4 console it's too good and easy for playing more than Xbox One and also PS4 shape looking awesome. I like PS4 more than Xbox One. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I find the Pro to be an ugly brute and very noisy. I wish I could post a short video as to what it sounds like when I'm playing on it. In contrast, the Xbox One X is dead silent! But I play both consoles. Currently I have Destiny 2 on the Pro and Monster Hunter World on the X. I used to have Destiny 1 on both my Xbox One S and PS4 (not Pro) but stopped buying duplicate games for both consoles. Will be getting Sea Of Thieves with the Gamepass deal now on at Microsoft and probably the new God of War on the Pro. The best of both worlds if you have both consoles...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5215 posts
2022 upvotes
DougO wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 10:13 am
I find the Pro to be an ugly brute and very noisy. I wish I could post a short video as to what it sounds like when I'm playing on it. In contrast, the Xbox One X is dead silent! But I play both consoles. Currently I have Destiny 2 on the Pro and Monster Hunter World on the X. I used to have Destiny 1 on both my Xbox One S and PS4 (not Pro) but stopped buying duplicate games for both consoles. Will be getting Sea Of Thieves with the Gamepass deal now on at Microsoft and probably the new God of War on the Pro. The best of both worlds if you have both consoles...
Wow, a copy for each console? You are a game publishers dream!
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1093 posts
285 upvotes
DougO wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 10:13 am
I can confirm that my PS4 Pro only got obnoxiously loud when playing Nier Automata for some strange reason otherwise it's fine most of the time. Both my Xbox One S and X are dead silent. I spent money and time researching when i built my silent PC so silence is important to me. I contemplated going with a base slim PS4 because it's cooler, quieter and cheaper.

If I HAD to choose only one console, I was perfectly happy with my PS4 Pro to be honest but now that I own both a Pro and X1, I primarily play exclusives on the Pro and everything else on the X like I did last gen.
Aug 20, 2009
6529 posts
1192 upvotes
Grimsby
I haven't really noticed a difference between the Slim and the Pro but I'm gaming on a 5.1 system.

The old PS4 really annoyed me though, it's fan had a really weird high pitch to it so it would cut through other background noise.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5215 posts
2022 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 2:15 pm
I haven't really noticed a difference between the Slim and the Pro but I'm gaming on a 5.1 system.

The old PS4 really annoyed me though, it's fan had a really weird high pitch to it so it would cut through other background noise.
Sorry to thread jack, but i just noticed you're a mod, congrats!Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1093 posts
285 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 2:15 pm

Of course if you sit really far and have the music turned up loud then you probably won't notice a difference. Listening to the Slim and Pro in a quiet room and there's definitely noticeable difference. Where the Slim sounded dead silent the Pro sounded like a whisper. This is on idle. Both the Slim and Pro run at approximately 35 degrees celsius while the OG PS4 hits upwards of 70 degrees! Obviously the hotter it gets the louder it's going to be.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/54901/ps ... index.html

Congrats on becoming a mod btw!
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1078 posts
140 upvotes
Hardware wise it's the X1X but just look at all the exclusive heavy hitters at the PS4 lineup. I game on PC but there are so many crazy good exclusives on the PS4.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5028 posts
722 upvotes
calgary
My OG PS4 is so loud, it literally sounds like a plane firing its engines up in a runaway when you launch a game. It doesn't bother me much though because it sits far enough away from me and I usually game with either headphones or surround sound but its sort of funny to hear it kick into high gear when you launch a game. The One X is amazingly quiet, I've actually noticed the fans on my Nintendo Switch (which sits on top of my OneX) before I've noticed anything from the OneX.