Shopping Discussion

PSA: AliExpress is not currently offering any free shipping services to Canada.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2019 8:07 pm
Apr 26, 2017
91 posts
246 upvotes

PSA: AliExpress is not currently offering any free shipping services to Canada.

Due to the Canada Post strike, AliExpress is not offering AliExpress Standard Shipping or ePacket services for any purchases being shipped to Canada. The only option is DHL. But for most low priced items, we are totally out of luck because sellers won't ship via DHL.

Just thought to let everyone know!

Hopefully, with the legislation introduced by the Federal Government today, they are able to end the strike.
108 replies
Dec 26, 2013
38 posts
4 upvotes
Was just to post about this too. Sucks with their black friday pricing starting tomorrow.

Even alot of ebay sellers have stopped offering shipping to Canada.
Apr 26, 2017
91 posts
246 upvotes
jlahey wrote: Was just to post about this too. Sucks with their black friday pricing starting tomorrow.

Even alot of ebay sellers have stopped offering shipping to Canada.
I had items in my cart ready to check out once the Black Friday Sale started but am now completely out of luck.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
We should go protest the protesters at Canada Post!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
Hopefully the stuff I ordered on singles day makes it here before Christmas...
ShadowVlican
Dec 26, 2013
38 posts
4 upvotes
My wallet should be safe till after Christmas by the looks of this. Going to hold off ordering anything that Canada Post would touch(or not touch for months). If they are legislated back to work you can bet that their production will be half so you can at least double the current estimates.
Jul 26, 2007
325 posts
181 upvotes
I just looked at a few unrelated items on AliExpress. Either they don't ship to Canada or the use DHL for $40.

Is it just my weird luck, or are we blocked because of the postal strike?
Apr 26, 2017
91 posts
246 upvotes
jlahey wrote: My wallet should be safe till after Christmas by the looks of this. Going to hold off ordering anything that Canada Post would touch(or not touch for months). If they are legislated back to work you can bet that their production will be half so you can at least double the current estimates.
The articles were saying that the union was outraged at the decision to get them back to work. It's crazy how delusional they are, what about the nation's outrage over them pulling this stunt during the busiest time of the year. Forget purchased items, people mail each other letters, cards, gifts etc for the holidays which won't be delivered in time.

Canada Post is truly one of the most incompetent crown corporation entities ever!
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
georob wrote: Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I highly doubt it. Current estimates indicate a 30 day back log. Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada ... -1.4909208

My 11.11 order was cancelled and refunded by the seller. I don't blame the sellers at all for doing that.
one of my item from 11.11 arrived today, and I got it today. (epacket)

Aliexpress has to understand that is a rotating strike. Not a FULL Strike.
stuff will still get delivered (just delayed)
and in some case no delay
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Apr 26, 2017
91 posts
246 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: Aliexpress has to understand that is a rotating strike. Not a FULL Strike.
stuff will still get delivered (just delayed)
and in some case no delay
I believe this is because they guarantee delivery within the time frame or they refund the purchase. It is a rotating strike but the backlog has built up to 30 days and will only get worse. You must be one of the lucky ones to have received your ePacket this early. I have something else that I ordered on Nov 10 (shipped through ePacket) and I haven't received it yet.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
6190 posts
1546 upvotes
GTA
30 day backlog would be an under-estimate for intl shipments that on average have taken 3-6 months.

I have Ali packets from 2yrs ago still coming through. lol
Jan 3, 2015
173 posts
141 upvotes
Delta, BC
I ordered an item on Monday (Nov 21) and asked seller specifically to ship Aliexpress Standard and not epacket because of labour dispute. Got tracking number already.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1808 posts
530 upvotes
Out of curiosity I checked some of the items that I ordered in the past on Aliexpress and saw they were offering Turkish Post as a shipping method (plus some crazy expensive courier options). How does that even work? And wouldn't it just get held up in Turkey instead?
Jan 3, 2015
173 posts
141 upvotes
Delta, BC
Ordered another item today from 3rd party amazon.ca seller. Got registered HK post tracking number.
Apr 26, 2017
91 posts
246 upvotes
neilc6 wrote: Ordered another item today from 3rd party amazon.ca seller. Got registered HK post tracking number.
So just keep in mind that a tracking number can be generated when the seller wants to ship the item. At this point, this is a developing situation so even if the seller ships it, Canada Post may or may not accept incoming international mail as per news articles of late.
Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA
The normal free shipping option basically has your package stuck at customs for 3 months anyway
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Just go to your local emporium of Chinese "fine goods" , aka Dollarama.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
3125 posts
5365 upvotes
Toronto
My prior shipment has been stuck since October.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)