PSA: All NCIX stores in Ontario closing

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 8:15 pm
Aug 28, 2017
155 posts
32 upvotes
hastypixels wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 5:31 pm
This makes no sense. What are they even doing?
Every lease agreement carries terms that you have to agree to and spells out remedies for the landlord in the case those terms are not followed. They started clearing out on Sunday, store location pulled off the website on Monday with notices posted at the Surrey store about the closure, and by Tuesday the store was added back. You would think a store that has as many retail locations for as long as they have would be familiar with the basics of leasing.
Aug 13, 2014
17 posts
17 upvotes
Kawartha Lakes, ON
Glad I used all my points before they go under
Hello I.T.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
2347 posts
933 upvotes
Vancouver
Freeatlast wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 2:57 pm
Yeah, apparently landlords decide when a store closes, not NCIX.
Pretty crazy the head office didn't check their lease for a convenant on operating hours. Did they think they could just go dark in a busy shopping center?

Makes you wonder what kind of fools are running the business.
Aug 28, 2017
155 posts
32 upvotes
Spinner wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 8:12 pm
Pretty crazy the head office didn't check their lease for a convenant on operating hours. Did they think they could just go dark in a busy shopping center?

Makes you wonder what kind of fools are running the business.
With the way they operate, I'm sure nobody read over the agreement, or simply decided whatever was written in there didn't apply to them. I'm honestly not even sure who is left at this point, so many people at senior level as well as the line level have been laid off or ran for the exit. If you think of the timing of this bungled attempt at closing a store, the staff would have been told they didn't have to come in on Monday and weren't needed, or they showed up to work on Monday with signs plastered over the door, only for the store to be reopened. That is a terrible situation to be in, especially given how uncertain things have been of late.
Sep 7, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
BC, Canada
Freeatlast wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 5:41 pm
Every lease agreement carries terms that you have to agree to and spells out remedies for the landlord in the case those terms are not followed. They started clearing out on Sunday, store location pulled off the website on Monday with notices posted at the Surrey store about the closure, and by Tuesday the store was added back. You would think a store that has as many retail locations for as long as they have would be familiar with the basics of leasing.
That makes sense... so it was a major case of incompetence. 'Cause that's a good sign.
"Fairness and honesty go hand in hand."
Aug 28, 2017
155 posts
32 upvotes
kitchensink wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 9:06 am
NCIX showing no mercy. Excellent idea to slash the entire NCIXTechTips crew and effectively killing the youtube channel

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comme ... ting_ncix/

I really have no idea how they can recover from this. Word of mouth is easily the most powerful tool
They only have 1.1 million subscribers, so laying off the staff there surely won't cause concern among customers. If you watch the end of the latest video as well as read the comments from other youtubers, he was forced to edit out content. Original content can be found here
Jun 12, 2009
532 posts
85 upvotes
SomeGuyGG wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 9:49 pm
I've been shopping with NCIX for 15 years, but in the last year have had a lot of issues. Order parts that are in stock, yet have to be delivered from a 3rd party supplier, took weeks to ship. Customer support is non-existent as their call in line went no where, just leave a voicemail. Online chat person was good, but apparently they are the one and only person staffed to handle online chat requests! Happened on my last 2 orders, seems like they are cutting costs from every corner. Not a good sign, would shop elsewhere when there is a chance.
+1

My last couple of online shopping attempts with them were less than satisfactory. Each time ended up cancelling the order and going with competitors. Their prices used to be a tad better than the rest but nowadays they are just another webstore.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2014
1351 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto, ON
There are rumors about NCIX and creditor issues - is that true and lets say if your credit gets cut off how else can you get the goods from distributors?
Dual XEON E5-2696V4 | ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080Ti OC | 3X NEC PA301W | 64GB DDR4 ECC |1 TB Samsung 960 Pro
FreeNAS & Plex Server XEON E3 1265L V3 | Supermicro X10SAE | 16GB DDR3 ECC | 6 X 3TB HGST 7K4000 RAIDZ2 | 3 X 3TB HGST 7K4000 RAIDZ1
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25424 posts
2758 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
traderjay wrote:
Sep 17th, 2017 7:50 pm
There are rumors about NCIX and creditor issues - is that true and lets say if your credit gets cut off how else can you get the goods from distributors?
Prepaid or cash on delivery. (C.O.D)

If you order online. You pay your order with a credit card. Technically NCIX has the cash minus their markup to pay for your item with the distributor. It should be a no brainer.

The problem is when they take your money and use it to pay a past due invoice or an electric bill or rent. Then you end up waiting till their cash flow improves.

That's why you see stock but your item is delayed. They probably don't have the cash to buy it.
Jan 16, 2009
136 posts
62 upvotes
Lethbridge
How does this effect the rest of the Netlink family? Is Direct Canada in trouble at all? There used to be a bestdirect.ca but it just redirects to Direct Canada, and I believe has been gone for some time. There used to be at least 1 more entity that I was aware of, but I can't remember its name - there may be/have been others.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25424 posts
2758 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Maplicito wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 4:18 pm
How does this effect the rest of the Netlink family? Is Direct Canada in trouble at all? There used to be a bestdirect.ca but it just redirects to Direct Canada, and I believe has been gone for some time. There used to be at least 1 more entity that I was aware of, but I can't remember its name - there may be/have been others.
It's definitely going to ripple within the organization
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18471 posts
3608 upvotes
Thornhill
Maplicito wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 4:18 pm
They had a bunch at peak.

Best Direct
Direct Canada
Memory House
NX Source
Compu2000
Computer Canada
TDDirect

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

cybrmdy