PSA: All NCIX stores in Ontario closing

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 3:49 am
Apr 4, 2009
594 posts
73 upvotes
Freeatlast wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 2:28 pm
They only have 1.1 million subscribers, so laying off the staff there surely won't cause concern among customers. If you watch the end of the latest video as well as read the comments from other youtubers, he was forced to edit out content. Original content can be found here
Well Jack just left NCIX on monday (or tuesday?) and the channel is effectively dead. He said his goodbye but that was quickly edited out

Won't be long until they edit this one out too. One of the most saddest things I've ever watched on youtube.....
Jun 18, 2017
195 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver
Didn't think to check earlier but on LinkedIn I'm seeing a lot of former NCIXers in my network migrate to the Mike's Computer Shop, on the West Coast anyway.
That's my name...
Aug 28, 2017
150 posts
30 upvotes
kitchensink wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 9:02 am
Well Jack just left NCIX on monday (or tuesday?) and the channel is effectively dead. He said his goodbye but that was quickly edited out

Won't be long until they edit this one out too. One of the most saddest things I've ever watched on youtube.....
Yep. They have singled handedly destroyed their social media presence, which is a terrible PR move given current circumstances. They hired Esther back to shore up that front but she is refusing to appear on camera.
Last edited by Freeatlast on Sep 28th, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 28, 2017
150 posts
30 upvotes
PuddinTame wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 1:57 pm
Didn't think to check earlier but on LinkedIn I'm seeing a lot of former NCIXers in my network migrate to the Mike's Computer Shop, on the West Coast anyway.
Mikes on west coast, Canada Computers on east coast. At this point NCIX might as well sign up as a minor league affiliate with both.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17677 posts
1307 upvotes
Freeatlast wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 3:58 pm
Mikes on west coast, Canada Computers on east coast. At this point NCIX might as well sign up as a minor league affiliate with both.
Did CC open up in the Maritime?
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25414 posts
2755 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Haz wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 6:05 pm
As far as I know, the furthest east they go is Montreal.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26200 posts
6060 upvotes
GTHA
Freeatlast wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 3:58 pm
Haz wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 6:05 pm
Gee wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 8:31 pm
As far as I know, the furthest east they go is Montreal.
CC has stores in Ontario and Quebec

Store Locator page with a Google Map
http://www.canadacomputers.com/location.php
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17677 posts
1307 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 1:03 am
CC has stores in Ontario and Quebec

Store Locator page with a Google Map
http://www.canadacomputers.com/location.php
I don't consider Ontario "east coast" though Quebec could be considered so. With that said, Montreal is as far east as CC is so it's not really "east coast" to me when we talk about CC.

East coast to me is generally the Atlantic provinces.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25414 posts
2755 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Haz wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 1:19 am
I don't consider Ontario "east coast" though Quebec could be considered so. With that said, Montreal is as far east as CC is so it's not really "east coast" to me when we talk about CC.

East coast to me is generally the Atlantic provinces.
I agree. I consider east coast the Maritime provinces.

They have a new Montreal store opening tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2011
1751 posts
744 upvotes
Saint John
Gee wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 9:13 am
I agree. I consider east coast the Maritime provinces.

They have a new Montreal store opening tomorrow.
We - the true east coast - have Bestbuy and the odd mom'n'pop type operation as far as I know. Halifax might have a major chain computer shop, but I don't think so.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14069 posts
2476 upvotes
Toronto
They couldn't compete with Canada Computers. Canada Computer is dominating.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
20824 posts
2012 upvotes
Looks like it's downhill . NCIX probably owes money to distributors so their line of credit is on hold :(

What a sad state of affairs for the owner because I'm skeptical the BC operations can handle this much negative publicity and succeed......
Aug 28, 2017
150 posts
30 upvotes
george__ wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 11:50 pm
Looks like it's downhill . NCIX probably owes money to distributors so their line of credit is on hold :(

What a sad state of affairs for the owner because I'm skeptical the BC operations can handle this much negative publicity and succeed......
Their inability to fulfill orders in a timely manner speaks to that as being the root of their current troubles. They should have turned off special orders for effected vendors and focused on blowing out what they had on hand so they could make key vendors whole ahead of the holiday period. Feeding customers deals during a rocky transition smooths over a lot of the cracks, even if it is only temporary. Piling on more special orders either means you are alienating your overdue vendors because you want new orders released when you still owe money on much older orders, or worse yet, you alienate your customers by using the new money to pay overdue vendors. No escaping that cycle.

With Black Friday and the Christmas holidays ahead NCIX needs to have credit facilities available with key vendors. Instead they chose to dismantle their social media team and take orders for products they can't get in a timely manner. They have literally done the worst possible things you could do in terms of customer perception, the resulting effects of which are now resulting in parties, who have a vested financial interest no less, disassociating themselves with the brand.