• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 5:17 am
Nov 3, 2014
506 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto, ON
george__ wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 11:50 pm
Looks like it's downhill . NCIX probably owes money to distributors so their line of credit is on hold :(

What a sad state of affairs for the owner because I'm skeptical the BC operations can handle this much negative publicity and succeed......
I saw a case on Direct Canada and tried to contact them if their stock is legit

emailed customer.care@directcanada.com only to receive a bounceback that the email has been closed
Contacted their 1877 number only to be redirected to a local 647 number
Called the local 647 number only to be cut off after 15 minutes numerous times
Their BC number tells you to visit their online chat.... It's closed

It's like you want to pick them up while they're falling, but you're better off kicking them while they're down. If I was their CSR I'd be begging NCIX to lay me off lol

I feel for anyone who needs to get ahold of NCIX/Direct Canada for any of their orders. There's even a thread on /r/bapcsalescanada if NCIX/DIrect Canada is worth removing from their recommended sellers based off customer feedback from over the years...
Last edited by danny3526 on Sep 30th, 2017 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1446 posts
432 upvotes
At this rate they'll close everything except the stores catering to businesses. One does not turn off sale and customer support unless it's very dire.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
1508 posts
65 upvotes
Ottawa
I feel like a sticky for NCIX might be useful on RFD in this sub-forum? Given we are a Canadian site and NCIX was probably one of the biggest go-to's for parts. Even if it saves 3-4 people...
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26156 posts
6051 upvotes
GTHA
enko wrote:
Sep 30th, 2017 11:58 am
I feel like a sticky for NCIX might be useful on RFD in this sub-forum? Given we are a Canadian site and NCIX was probably one of the biggest go-to's for parts. Even if it saves 3-4 people...
You should post this question in the 'Site Comments & Suggestions' forum.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/site-co ... tions-f13/
Aug 28, 2017
146 posts
30 upvotes
danny3526 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2017 8:04 am
I saw a case on Direct Canada and tried to contact them if their stock is legit

emailed customer.care@directcanada.com only to receive a bounceback that the email has been closed
Contacted their 1877 number only to be redirected to a local 647 number
Called the local 647 number only to be cut off after 15 minutes numerous times
Their BC number tells you to visit their online chat.... It's closed

It's like you want to pick them up while their falling, but you're better off kicking them while they're down. If I was their CSR I'd be begging NCIX to lay me off lol

I feel for anyone who needs to get ahold of NCIX/Direct Canada for any of their orders. There's even a thread on /r/bapcsalescanada if NCIX/DIrect Canada is worth removing from their recommended sellers based off customer feedback from over the years...
The customer phone lines were shut off after some customer care staff were laid off and some quit. I would wager that department has been operating in crisis mode for weeks now.

Looking at that poll, 75% want them removed, with around 900 votes tallied so far. Yikes.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10467 posts
3786 upvotes
Wow Direct Canada is going down now. This is sad. NCIX is done.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25373 posts
2741 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
SickBeast wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 11:21 am
Wow Direct Canada is going down now. This is sad. NCIX is done.
They’re alive and kicking on Shop bot
Jan 16, 2009
135 posts
62 upvotes
Lethbridge
I'd be curious to know if at this point, other places like Memory Express would still accept price matches from NCIX. They might stop doing that at some point.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7706 posts
1217 upvotes
London
Sad. Looks like NCIX is to be avoided until they are either closed or finished restructuring.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25373 posts
2741 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Maplicito wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 1:19 am
I'd be curious to know if at this point, other places like Memory Express would still accept price matches from NCIX. They might stop doing that at some point.
It wouldn’t make a difference. Who is running promotions at NCIX? There is no staff. Their prices will be higher than everyone else.
Jan 16, 2009
135 posts
62 upvotes
Lethbridge
Gee wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 2:41 am
It wouldn’t make a difference. Who is running promotions at NCIX? There is no staff. Their prices will be higher than everyone else.
Point taken. It's mostly just a curiosity on my part.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25373 posts
2741 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Maplicito wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 10:42 am
Point taken. It's mostly just a curiosity on my part.
I would be surprised if they are still around on Black Friday. One less place to shop.
Jan 16, 2009
135 posts
62 upvotes
Lethbridge
Gee wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 10:45 am
I would be surprised if they are still around on Black Friday. One less place to shop.
It's too bad - they used to be my go to vendor. My last order, I had to cancel - they claimed that the manufacturer was no longer shipping the item in question, but my assumption now is, while that could be true, that they just aren't shipping to NCIX. While it doesn't have to mean anything, I bought the same item off Amazon later that week.
Aug 28, 2017
146 posts
30 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 2:41 am
Based on the pricing and inventory I just assumed some badly implemented algorithm was running the whole show while the company was on vacation.
Aug 28, 2017
146 posts
30 upvotes
Maplicito wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 1:19 am
NCIX prices are so bad I think Memory Express would shake your hand if you wanted them to price match NCIX.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Freebie101