• Jul 15th, 2018 7:30 am
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
12441 posts
2910 upvotes
Montreal
ManCaveGamer wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 12:28 am
I also have like $200-$300 in store credit, because they weren't allowed to give me refund... boo!
LOL, what the hell? Did you pay by credit card?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
12441 posts
2910 upvotes
Montreal
Ghetto_Child wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 7:26 pm
This is the equivalent of $1 for each person in Canada actually. Possible if they could ask the government for a loan with the public having control of how finances are spent/used till reimbursed with interest.
No way, then Steve would just hire back all this moron relatives and drive the company into the ground again, this time at taxpayer expense.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
12441 posts
2910 upvotes
Montreal
rivet wrote:
Dec 24th, 2017 9:38 pm
I didn't follow this long thread. But I still have 100$ NCIX gift card with them, so with them out of business, what should I do?
Have you tried using it on the site?

They're back online, stealing money, and I'd like to know if they've deactivated GCs.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8911 posts
1011 upvotes
Vancouver
JackWhyte wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 9:00 am
Have you tried using it on the site?

They're back online, stealing money, and I'd like to know if they've deactivated GCs.
FWIW when I check the balance of my GC it tells me the right amount.
General Radek had some good ideas.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1336 posts
796 upvotes
Able to redeem the points for free stuffs but unable to checkout the cart. That CHECKOUT button is missing???

No use to @@#$$%@#^. Really too late, this time.
LIVE LONG and suffer ...

:arrow: PEACE :arrowl:
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
12441 posts
2910 upvotes
Montreal
1226 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 11:47 am
FWIW when I check the balance of my GC it tells me the right amount.
Then use that badboy before it's too late.
Dec 11, 2017
10 posts
16 upvotes
Ghetto_Child wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 7:26 pm
I think they find it easier and cheaper to grab existing foot traffic rather than to pay ads for new traffic in a location not already frequented by tech customers. If you think this is bad, in my city there are 3 Tim Hortons all inside the same 1 block radius and they're not the only place to get donuts and coffee or fast food in that radius either.

I have over 30,000pts; I was planning to buy large gift cards from the rewards center than use those gift cards to buy 1500VA UPS. My plans severely dashed, flashlight/battery powerbank is like a "weh weh" consolation in comparison. That's IF I'm even able to submit an order for rewards items at all. I only learned about this whole bankruptcy on Dec. 4/5th. There's been no mention of it, no leading thread in RFD, no emails to anyone. They could have at least sent out a message such as "Points and gift card system will be comming to close, please spend your points by such and such deadline" or "Points and Gift Card value will be reduced to half on such and such date, please spend your balances before then to obtain maximum value".

That's a lot of negative stuff to accuse an organization of. In fact if your statements are true, why haven't you filed a suit against them? This is exactly the sort of thing you're supposed to do this for.

"WE"?!? You speak for all NCIX (former) employees? If you found the place so horrible why were you working there? You're now confirming you were just part of the problem and had no intention of aiding or providing a solution. Also I'd like to point out how much worse you are than all the negative you claimed against NCIX, because ultimately this (as you put it) horrible company found you so much worse than them, they had to fire you.

+1 about his ax...
Can you actually get an order through the site though? A rewards item order at least.

I agree with Majinhoju, it's theft to take someone's money by misleading them. It also hurts to have to pull tooth and nail to get your money back. Not even Sears was this bad, at least with Sears you got what you paid for, you were only misled about future support.

+1 Majinhoju
Nope, bankruptcy not widely known. I only found out Dec. 4/5th. In fact the RFD thread STILL said only Ontario location were closing and that's what made me go "oh oh, is that all or is this the beginning of the end? Very suspicious and not a good sign at all". I honestly thought I would have another bigger warning like liquidation before they were no more.

See if that gift card might work on any of NCIX's sister company websites or anywhere else. Kind of how FutureShop and BestBuy gift cards worked interchangeably on each others' website all the time but it was never advertised. Also doesn't the 603 at the beginning of the gift card imply it's managed or supplied by American Express? Or is that Discover? I feel for you, I'm relieved I don't have actual cash owed to me; still 10yrs of purposely collecting over 30,000 points (I slacked off on collecting the last 4 or 5yrs); to buy gift cards from the rewards area; so that I could buy something of long term value, like a big UPS or UPS batteries for discontinued models. I'm hurt.

This is the equivalent of $1 for each person in Canada actually. Possible if they could ask the government for a loan with the public having control of how finances are spent/used till reimbursed with interest.
How do you know we didn't try our best to solive the problem rather be part of the problem? Do you know how many hard working folks got fired or demoted for providing constructive feedback? The talk of NCIX demise has been going on for months and frankly with your nonsensical post it's 100% your fault for forfeiting all the points.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2793 posts
976 upvotes
Did they bring back the NCIX website just to park it in their domain? No attempt to have boxing day stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8911 posts
1011 upvotes
Vancouver
JackWhyte wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 9:28 am
Then use that badboy before it's too late.
Yeah did that day. Not expecting to receive anything though.
General Radek had some good ideas.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
I submitted a rewards items order using the checkout address. Funny enough I was still required to pay for shipping. Also the only payment methods that work are Interac Online (I don't trust submitting my interac information to their site, considering they only support obsolete TLS 1.0 communication); paypal does not work at all; I see no option for Visa Checkout (am I missing something here because they still have the icon on the site); I don't trust MasterPass to keep your financial information private, my first time using MasterPass and the card type, last 4 digits, expirery, and financial institution I chose from its "wallet" is listed right in the order summary, paypal would have just stated my paypal ID only; I'm most definitely not going to input an actual credit card into their checkout page, unless it's a store bought prepaid credit card; they have bank draft and credit note still listed but I didn't try those; I chose Electronic Bill Payment, which means I send money from my bank account to their bank account at the same bank. What was different this time, I never received an email confirming my order despite getting the order placed confirmation screen on the site. I also got a blank page when I clicked the link in the order confirmation for EBP instructions. So my debate is send them $13 for shipping and see if I miraculously get the rewards items, or would I just be sending money and my financial info to someone now impersonating or inappropriately having custody over NCIX's bank account?

Now for the stoopid stuff:
exncix wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 5:14 pm
How do you know we didn't try our best to solive the problem rather be part of the problem? Do you know how many hard working folks got fired or demoted for providing constructive feedback? The talk of NCIX demise has been going on for months and frankly with your nonsensical post it's 100% your fault for forfeiting all the points.
What are you talking about? What did I possibly do to actually forfeit my points?
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
2872 posts
209 upvotes
Guess the $100 GC that I redeemed from diligently clicking newsletters over many many years is now worthless. Nothing actually loss, I guess.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2464 posts
319 upvotes
I may be stupid or idiot. But was one able to borrow 37,000,000?
Feb 11, 2015
80 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Poutinesauce wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 7:01 pm
Is there another site to use to custom build a whole PC?
Memory Express, or A-power if you live in Vancouver. Those two are, as far as I know, offer a service to build a PC for a price. Some local computer shops might offer the service so look around.

However, I highly recommend looking up guides on how to assemble your own PC to save yourself money.
PPC 5940
Type: CBSA-category customs black hole
Diet: Cheap international mail packages and taxpayers' money
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1335 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
Kimura96 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 12:56 am
Memory Express, or A-power if you live in Vancouver. Those two are, as far as I know, offer a service to build a PC for a price. Some local computer shops might offer the service so look around.

However, I highly recommend looking up guides on how to assemble your own PC to save yourself money.
Amazon is a good option too if you're looking to buy the parts and assemble yourself.