• Nov 14th, 2017 10:22 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 16, 2006
72 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto

PSA: Caution of RFD'er Scorpionsy

To keep things brief: I made a trade with him to get a 1 year PSN code. Everything checked out; I typed the code in my account and it verified that it was a code for a 12-month membership. I didn't redeem it immediately, as I wanted to add it to another account. When I tried to do so, I kept getting an error code. I called PS support and, it turned out, the code he gave me was expired by several months. He then also contacted PS support and acknowledged it was an expired code, and promised that he'd send me a new one. Sadly, he soon stopped replying to my messages and doesn't bother to pick up my phone calls.

Quite disappointed that a guy with 10,000+ posts would pull such a thing. Silly me for not trying to redeem it immediately.

Either something terrible happened to him, in which case I hope he is well, or he's just an a$$hole. In any case, proceed with caution if he sends you a message offering you a PSN code.
13 replies
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1234 posts
568 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
I do not know of this business transaction between you and him but I do know Scorpionsy personally and see him regularly. He has family visiting this month and some personal things to take care of at the moment. I say give him a little time. Don't know the time delay between not taking your calls/messages.
oh_so_fly wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 9:51 pm
To keep things brief: I made a trade with him to get a 1 year PSN code. Everything checked out; I typed the code in my account and it verified that it was a code for a 12-month membership. I didn't redeem it immediately, as I wanted to add it to another account. When I tried to do so, I kept getting an error code. I called PS support and, it turned out, the code he gave me was expired by several months. He then also contacted PS support and acknowledged it was an expired code, and promised that he'd send me a new one. Sadly, he soon stopped replying to my messages and doesn't bother to pick up my phone calls.

Quite disappointed that a guy with 10,000+ posts would pull such a thing. Silly me for not trying to redeem it immediately.

Either something terrible happened to him, in which case I hope he is well, or he's just an a$$hole. In any case, proceed with caution if he sends you a message offering you a PSN code.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
[OP]
Dec 16, 2006
72 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
thedealhunter2000 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 2:15 pm
I do not know of this business transaction between you and him but I do know Scorpionsy personally and see him regularly. He has family visiting this month and some personal things to take care of at the moment. I say give him a little time. Don't know the time delay between not taking your calls/messages.
I made the trade with him in mid-August and haven't heard back from him since mid-September.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10893 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
oh_so_fly wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 9:51 pm

thedealhunter2000 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 2:15 pm
oh_so_fly wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:02 pm
I made the trade with him in mid-August and haven't heard back from him since mid-September.
Hi Oh_So_Fly,
First of all, I am so so sorry for the delay...I have had a very busy last Month and half that I didn't even log in to RFD to check my messages. That is on me...and I apologize for that to you.

I had a few personal issues to deal with and also had family visiting who just left a couple of days ago honestly...and am still dealing with the personal side of things still.

As you know, the code was accepted when you tried to input it but when you attempted to apply it...it would give you an error. I did attempt SEVERAL times to get Sony to replace not just this code I gave you for PS+ but another few that I had (which I of course decided not to post on BST on RFD after you had an issue with the one I gave you...and until I was sure they would be working), because it seems they all had the same issue, they refused initially to replace them...and asked me to send a formal complaint to their HQ in the U.S....which I have, but have not yet heard back from them.

The point is, this is not your fault...and I do apologize again for such a delay in replying. I was planning to contact you this weekend to ask you if you wanted your camera back or wanted me to give you the money I offered you on it.

I was just sent a message by my friend, thedealhunter2000, who noticed you posted a thread warning about me and you gave me a negative BST feedback (which I completely understand if I were in your position).

I just want you to know that I am not an a$$hole and I am a very honest person....and I have a excellent reputation on RFD and outside of RFD as you can see. It was just a matter of bad timing due to the issues I had to deal with. Again I apologize for that and will call you personally on the phone to apologize to you too. I truly am sorry for causing you any kind of distress like that over something that should have gone smoothly.

Again, just know that I will fix this with you!

Cheers!
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10893 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
Also, thank you thedealhunter2000 for standing up for me and showing that I am not a scammer or bad guy in any way. Much appreciated buddy...and thank you for sending me a text message regarding this...I hate to give anyone a bad impression about me...and you know me too well to do such a thing to anyone. Cheers, buddy!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10893 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
Oh, and Oh_So_Fly,

If you decide you want the Camera back instead of getting paid for it, I have it still sealed just how you gave it to me....I didn't even get a chance to get the PSVR yet because of the stuff I had to deal with. So don't worry it is in the exact same condition...didn't even open the box since getting it from you. Cheers!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10893 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
Oh_So_Fly,

Hey, just tried calling you on your phone, but it went to voicemail, so left you a message....give me a call when you get a chance, gonna set this right with you! Cheers!
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13701 posts
9203 upvotes
Toronto
Also putting in a good word for @Scorpionsy . I've known him for quite a few years and he is 100% a stand up guy. There is no question in my mind that he'll do whatever it takes to make things right for all involved.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10893 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:12 pm
Also putting in a good word for @Scorpionsy . I've known him for quite a few years and he is 100% a stand up guy. There is no question in my mind that he'll do whatever it takes to make things right for all involved.
Thank you very much for the support and kind words, Sprung! Much appreciated, buddy! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

You know how busy things got with me, and that I was inactive on RFD and outside of RFD for the last couple of months...but I will set this right...I just got side-tracked.

I am just waiting for Oh_So_Fly to reply to me or call me on the phone, and we'll get this misunderstanding sorted out for sure.

Cheers!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4205 posts
365 upvotes
Markham
Scorpionsy wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:16 am
Thank you very much for the support and kind words, Sprung! Much appreciated, buddy! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

You know how busy things got with me, and that I was inactive on RFD and outside of RFD for the last couple of months...but I will set this right...I just got side-tracked.

I am just waiting for Oh_So_Fly to reply to me or call me on the phone, and we'll get this misunderstanding sorted out for sure.

Cheers!
that is why you shouldn't deal with newbie. Lesson learned
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19266 posts
1430 upvotes
chiming in here for Scorpionsy as well - he's been on RFD for so long (since 2009), pretty sure he isn't risking his rep for a PSN code\camera trade. Yes, it does happen from time to time that a long standing RFDer goes rogue but very seldom and Scorpionsy is a stand up guy....

Like sprung mentioned - Scorp will make this right.......sometimes life gets in the way of RFD after all.

Not sure about the things that Scorp is dealing with but I can imagine - 2017 was a very tough year for me personally with tragic personal loss and when personal life things come up - you pretty much drop everything else because it doesn't matter as much (and of course those other things suffer).

Scorp will make this right...

@smartie - while oh_so_fly doesn't post much hence his "newbie" status - dood has been on since 2006 - even longer than Scorp.

So hoping these 2 work something out and come to an amicable agreement - gluck peeps!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10893 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:46 am
chiming in here for Scorpionsy as well - he's been on RFD for so long (since 2009), pretty sure he isn't risking his rep for a PSN code\camera trade. Yes, it does happen from time to time that a long standing RFDer goes rogue but very seldom and Scorpionsy is a stand up guy....

Like sprung mentioned - Scorp will make this right.......sometimes life gets in the way of RFD after all.

Not sure about the things that Scorp is dealing with but I can imagine - 2017 was a very tough year for me personally with tragic personal loss and when personal life things come up - you pretty much drop everything else because it doesn't matter as much (and of course those other things suffer).

Scorp will make this right...

@smartie - while oh_so_fly doesn't post much hence his "newbie" status - dood has been on since 2006 - even longer than Scorp.

So hoping these 2 work something out and come to an amicable agreement - gluck peeps!
@ji2o0k Thank you very much, buddy....I appreciate the kind words and support also....as you can see I have been away from RFD forums for quite some time now due to all these things going on around the same time.

I am making things right, and Oh_So_Fly did reply to me privately and I agreed to eTransfer or PayPal him the money instead, since he preferred that then getting the Camera back...so I am doing what he would like better as a resolution. I will be doing this for him soon as he gets back to me with the confirmation and transfer details.

Sorry for you having tough 2017 and for your personal loss...I know how such things feel exactly and how traumatic it can be. I hope you can overcome these tough times quickly.

As things start to get back to normal...I can hopefully resume my RFD forums activity and enjoy you and my other friends here on RFD just like the good old days. :)
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10893 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
smartie wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 10:33 pm
It was just a simple misunderstanding and it's getting sorted out. Cheers!
[OP]
Dec 16, 2006
72 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks everyone for chiming in. @Scorpionsy quickly got in touch to resolve the situation, and is making every effort to make sure I'm satisfied. True to his word.
smartie wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 10:33 pm
I'm struggling to follow your logic...