• Feb 3rd, 2018 6:40 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA

[PSA] China to Start Blocking Unauthorized VPN Providers This April

Previous Thread: Use of VPN in China Now Illegal

In a move designed to protect the effectiveness of its 'Great Firewall', China has warned it will begin blocking unauthorized VPN services starting April 1, 2018. Despite the strong move, China is playing down its efforts, noting that anyone who wants to operate a VPN can still do so by leasing state-approved services via the government's telecommunications import and export bureau.

from https://torrentfreak.com/china-to-start ... il-180203/
7 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
It's very sad for the people in China. They don't have freedom. I have a friend over there are their internet is incredibly censored. I sent her a link that was blocked, and then when I complained about it, her Facebook account got shut down. :(
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
SickBeast wrote: It's very sad for the people in China. They don't have freedom. I have a friend over there are their internet is incredibly censored. I sent her a link that was blocked, and then when I complained about it, her Facebook account got shut down. :(
FB, twitter, whatsapp....... cannot get through PRC (China) at all. PRC has their own version
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
You think this will be Bell's next request if they get help determine what a Pirate site is and start blocking it? I'm very thankful, at least for now, that we are so much more free in North America. We aren't perfect but imo, we are significantly better.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Evil Baby wrote: You think this will be Bell's next request if they get help determine what a Pirate site is and start blocking it? I'm very thankful, at least for now, that we are so much more free in North America. We aren't perfect but imo, we are significantly better.
They can make any request they want, it doesn't mean it's going to actually happen.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
XtremeModder wrote: They can make any request they want, it doesn't mean it's going to actually happen.
Hopefully it won't. My guess is they'll just keep trying till they find someone agreeable but I'm really hoping that never happens.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Taiwan is always an option. Point blank.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)