225 posts
116 upvotes
Ottawa
Has anybody here played Eagle Flight?
Mar 11, 2004
681 posts
345 upvotes
Quebec City
Really interested in Superhot and Dirt Rally but man...

Haven't finished RE7, Rush of blood, Statik, Inpatient, Thumper, Farpoint, VR Worlds... haven't installed KTANE... barely played Driveclub and Werewolves within.

I wish I was 18.
Jul 4, 2012
56 posts
25 upvotes
ST ALBERT
jakeoh wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 5:42 pm
Really interested in Superhot and Dirt Rally but man...

Haven't finished RE7, Rush of blood, Statik, Inpatient, Thumper, Farpoint, VR Worlds... haven't installed KTANE... barely played Driveclub and Werewolves within.

I wish I was 18.
Amen. But Dirt Rally at 75% off? Can't resist.
Dec 28, 2011
320 posts
91 upvotes
TORONTO
Finally Superhot VR! Bought that and Keep Taking and Nobody Explodes and I Expect you to Die! Thanks OP!
Last edited by mabeeman1 on Feb 20th, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1735 posts
265 upvotes
TorontoGamerMan wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 3:55 pm
Bit of a side rant here, but I really wish companies like EA would put the DLC for their old games on sale individually, vs. just discounting GOTY editions/bundles.

For games like Dead Space 2/3 -- and others like Gears of War 3 -- I've had a desire to play the DLC levels for 6-7 years now, but have never bought them because they never go on sale individually, and aren't worth 5-10 bucks for a 2 hour last gen experience. It's a small thing, but having a sale on old, forgotten about DLC packs at 2-3 bucks a pop would make my day...I know I'd drop quite on that kind of special if the games selection was good. I doubt I'm alone either.

7 dollars isn't a lot for Ultimate Editions of ps3 games....but when you already own the base game, and really only need the 2-3 hour DLC....it's just impossible to pull the trigger on a purchase that is 80 per cent redundant.
I am 100% with you. It's infuriating. As if they don't want our money. I wanted DLC for AC Syndicate for 2 years now but it never goes on sale. I am not paying 20$ for it in 2018, never mind the base game costs that much sometime.

However not all companies do that - EA has in fact put some of its DLC on sale multiple times, e.g. for DA: Inquisition and I have obtained those. But that was on PC and on Origins store. Perhaps there is some stupid Sony political issue at play here.
Jul 16, 2007
282 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, I've been waiting for Apollo 11 VR to go on sale. I think it might be a buy at $7.99.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4549 posts
1176 upvotes
Toronto
aos007 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 6:56 pm
I am 100% with you. It's infuriating. As if they don't want our money. I wanted DLC for AC Syndicate for 2 years now but it never goes on sale. I am not paying 20$ for it in 2018, never mind the base game costs that much sometime.

However not all companies do that - EA has in fact put some of its DLC on sale multiple times, e.g. for DA: Inquisition and I have obtained those. But that was on PC and on Origins store. Perhaps there is some stupid Sony political issue at play here.
DA:I DLCs have gone on sale individually on PSN a couple of times. Not that often, but it does happen. Assassin's Creed non-standalone DLC sales are practically non-existent, however.
Jul 23, 2011
769 posts
518 upvotes
NORTH YORK
aos007 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 6:56 pm
Perhaps there is some stupid Sony political issue at play here.
I doubt it. What possible political opposition could there be with putting old Dead Space 2 DLC levels on sale?

I think it's just lack of thought/consideration. They literally forget the stuff exists on the store, which is why it costs the same as it did on release in like 2010. It's sad, since I think there's actually a pretty big market for these kinds of DLC packs if they really give them a good discount. Free money too, since nobody sane wants the stuff at release price these days.

Some DLC will go 10 years or more without one sale or price drop. That's mindless to me, up there with Zellers still having VHS on the shelves when they went out of business in like 2011. The publishers are just asleep at the wheel and forget this stuff even exists in the retailsphere.
Jul 30, 2009
284 posts
275 upvotes
Thanks OP, and the rest of this thread; bought Thumper, Arkham VR, Driveclub VR, Archangel, Battlefront (just for the DLC, I have the disk), and... that Mafia film noir thing...
"Wow, this thread is like a pen full of donkeys and then I went to that link and it was like going into a stripper room with no strippers." Acid_
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
5530 posts
1344 upvotes
Toronto
VR Worlds is worth it for London Heist alone. Some good titles on sale this time, I’ll take a look.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1349 posts
188 upvotes
Halifax
After spending around 40 or so on Dirt Rally VR last year, I will not spend 40 bucks on both versions of Superhot yet, unless there was another price drop or discount code. Besides Xbox is getting Superhot next month for their lineup.
I am interested in I Expect you to Die and Windlands (but no one has recommended it yet) - Also, should I knock twice?
Last edited by shsiddiq on Feb 21st, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2017 :twisted:
Nov 24, 2006
280 posts
45 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks OP!

Anyone have motion sickness with Dirt VR? I tried the Drive Club vr demo and it made me ill in like 3 minutes.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8216 posts
1443 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Yeah, looks like a lot of peoples are returning them to Amazon, I see stock in the Amazon Warehouse all the time...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6142 posts
2817 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
gojetsgo wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 9:52 pm
Thanks OP!

Anyone have motion sickness with Dirt VR? I tried the Drive Club vr demo and it made me ill in like 3 minutes.
DiRT VR should be fine, plus being a Rally game you could move around in your seat to simulate motion.....sounds silly but it helps.
DriveClub is on the extreme edge for new VR players....even the VR mode of GT sport would be a lot easier on the tummy due to being more realistic physics wise.
I also think that the demo was an earlier build, and the full game isn't as nauseating.
You may be able to keep at it and develop your VR legs.
Perhaps try some sickness aids such as Gravol, Ginger, wearing motion-sickness wrist bands...if you're over 19 then have a drink or too....it's legal in VR, LOL!!!!!!!

I've become accustomed to VR racing, but then again I've been playing racing games for a while now.
Took about a week to get to the new sensations, but it's been well worth it and now I can't even go back to 2D screen racing....sort of a bummer in that regard.

I sit in a home-built cockpit with a real car seat, wheel, pedals, shifter, hand-brake, button boxes and Buttkickers under the seat & pedals.
Basically, I'm tricking my brain that I'm really in a car, it works well for flight and space sims as well.
It's pretty much a poor man's motion rig, without the motion.....which would be about $5k more than I wish to spend.

Hopefully you can make it through and then begin enjoying it.
Don't force it too much though, it just may not be for you in the end.
Drive safe....and have a bucket handy! Winking Face
Dec 9, 2007
233 posts
26 upvotes
donfatty wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 4:49 pm
Has anybody here played Eagle Flight?

I'm kind of on the fence about getting this one. Reviews seem ok but I cannot provide and first hand feedback.