Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
PSN

PS+ AUGUST FREE GAMES

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2017 9:32 pm
Jun 10, 2014
72 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto

PS+ AUGUST FREE GAMES

Deal Link:
Price:
FREE
Expiry:
September 4, 2017
Retailer:
PSN
Available Tuesday August 1st:

PS4:
Just Cause 3
Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry

PS3:
Super Motherload (Cross Buy on PS4)
Snakeball

VITA:
Downwell (Cross Buy on PS4)
Level 22

Additionally, That's You is still available for FREE until October 24.

*UPDATE*
Make sure to check out Super Motherload as a Cross Buy for PS4:
jdougie wrote: FYI to all. The super motherload dev showed up on the reddit thread for this to say it's also on PS4:

"Super Motherload dev here... While Super Motherload is listed as a PS3 title, it's also a Cross Play title with the PS4 version."
Last edited by thegsnow on Jul 26th, 2017 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
54 replies
Mar 11, 2014
20 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa
Not a bad month:

Just Cause 3, PS4
Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry, PS4
Super Motherload, PS3
Snakeball, PS3
Downwell, PS Vita (crossbuy with PS4)
Level 22, PS Vita
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
Just Cause 3 is still a HUGE mess on a normal PS4 but apparently "works ok" on a PS4 pro.

AC: Freedom Cry might be okish, it's really just an expansion pack for an AC game.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1057 posts
530 upvotes
Montreal
Nice, really wanted to try Downwell.

Just Cause 3 is nice but I'm not so sure about Freemdom Cry. Is it even worth the download? It doesn't seem very long.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
ph00p wrote: Just Cause 3 is still a HUGE mess on a normal PS4 but apparently "works ok" on a PS4 pro.

AC: Freedom Cry might be okish, it's really just an expansion pack for an AC game.
I only played JC3 on my Pro and it runs very well. I only had the game hang once in about 40 hours of play. A lot of fun, glad people will be able to play it now who didn't buy due to it's terrible initial performance. Maybe PS4 will get the multiplayer mod now out on PC... but I doubt it.

I held off buying Freedom Cry due to backlog. I will happily play through this since Black Flag was my favorite all round AC game to date. Not sure if you need to know the AC:BF story to enjoy it though, so may be a hinderance to newcomers.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7409 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
Freedom Cry is an expansion of Black Flag but worth playing if you enjoyed BF. Certainly wouldn't mind playing it again on the PS4 as opposed to PS3.
Koodo Mobile
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Guess they got sick of people complaining about indies on the PS4. Hope JC3 doesn't run as poorly as people say....
uklamen wrote: I only playedI held off buying Freedom Cry due to backlog. I will happily play through this since Black Flag was my favorite all round AC game to date. Not sure if you need to know the AC:BF story to enjoy it though, so may be a hinderance to newcomers.
There's very little relation to Black Flag. All you really need to know is that you play as one of the Assassins who was in that game, and it's set after those events. Edward gets brought up once or twice but that's about it.

I remember people really digging Freedom Cry when it came out, but I'm not sure how well it'll hold up. I was surprised they redid most of the music for a DLC. It's pretty good, IMO.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4437 posts
2954 upvotes
Good month can't wait for critic corner
Feb 5, 2007
101 posts
75 upvotes
Sydney, NS
Played through JC3 on my launch PS4 with zero issues, it's a really fun game. It was physical copy though, not sure if that makes a difference.
Jul 25, 2010
22 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
I played through a digital copy of JC3 (plus all DLC) on my original PS4 with no issues. I think the game only crashed once out of 40+ hours of gameplay
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
3125 posts
5365 upvotes
Toronto
Just Cause 3: Makes the Month for me.

Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry: Would have liked Black Flag instead and not some short adventure.

Super Motherload: Will probably play this, wish it had a Vita version.

Snakeball: No trophies, 9 year old game. Not touching.

Downwell: Already own this, bought day one. Pretty hard but very enjoyable. Good indie offering on the Vita slot...some would have been cheesed if this was a PS4 slot.

Level 22: Will give it a shot since it is a Vita game.

Decent month, JC 3 alone makes it a pass. Feel for the latin users. Strike Vector...can't replace a triple A game offering...however good it might be.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)