[OP]
Jul 4, 2012
81 posts
24 upvotes

[PSN Store] Playstation Store 20% Off Coupon Email

Received a 20% off in cart discount coupon that expires 12/25/2017

Email is titled "[username], see what's new this week"

Looks like it would stack pretty nicely with current holiday sales

List of sale from US blog (prices are in USD)
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12 ... f-savings/

*These thread always fill with people asking for codes. If you are not receiving codes, since they aren't linked to specific accounts, what I suggest is creating another psn user id and subscribing to the newsletter. Maybe using a gmail account might help as well as I have never had an issue receiving a code.*
Last edited by Sym000 on Dec 15th, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
59 replies
Aug 6, 2007
125 posts
138 upvotes
It's that time of year again, Sony just provided a 20% discount code as part of their weekly newsletter.

Promo code is set to expire December 25th.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 1.45.51 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 1.45.58 AM.png
Oct 14, 2007
110 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
Has anyone ever found a concrete reason why some people get these and others don't? I've always received the advertisement e-mails about specific games that are soon to release, and I get congratulatory e-mails when I complete or platinum a game, but I have never once received one of these generic e-mails that contain the discount codes. I've tried subscribing on two different PS4 accounts, but get nothing on either.
Maybe it has to do with purchasing too much already? For people that got a code, do you not buy much via the PSN store?
Aug 6, 2007
125 posts
138 upvotes
Teddite wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 2:03 am
Has anyone ever found a concrete reason why some people get these and others don't? I've always received the advertisement e-mails about specific games that are soon to release, and I get congratulatory e-mails when I complete or platinum a game, but I have never once received one of these generic e-mails that contain the discount codes. I've tried subscribing on two different PS4 accounts, but get nothing on either.
Maybe it has to do with purchasing too much already? For people that got a code, do you not buy much via the PSN store?
Do you have Playstation Plus ? That may be a factor...I literally just bought something yesterday so I don't think the lack of buying is a factor
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2176 posts
365 upvotes
London
If i sign up now do I get a code? How do you even sign up? Googling it finds the european page only
Apr 28, 2017
316 posts
205 upvotes
It would help if you actually mentioned how to get this
Oct 14, 2007
110 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
mmadcat wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 2:09 am
Do you have Playstation Plus ? That may be a factor...I literally just bought something yesterday so I don't think the lack of buying is a factor
Yeah, I've had plus for years. I've tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to the newsletters and even changing my email. I've never gotten the weekly emails from them that contain the discount codes, but I get all the other stuff from them just fine.
I guess it's just not in the cards.
Aug 6, 2007
125 posts
138 upvotes
User381785 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 2:14 am
It would help if you actually mentioned how to get this
if you go to playstations canadian site you can create an account through the sign in page: https://id.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/signin/

If you already have an account, you can go to your account settings and make sure you have notifications from Sony enabled
Capture.PNG
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1099 posts
90 upvotes
My account is set up like this but I never get no emails.
Feb 21, 2011
19 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
shadowslaya wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 4:03 am
My account is set up like this but I never get no emails.
Same, just check my account and it is set up to receive news, special offers and other info.

There must be something more to it, as a targeted offer.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3625 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
You are god. I got that email and I immediately dump it in the trash without checking. Thanks.
Apr 28, 2014
81 posts
13 upvotes
Vanier, ON
I feel like I read somewhere once that hotmail/live emails flat out never get them, but i never bothered to verify. All I know is that I've got the proper settings for it, have a live.ca email, and have never gotten a single one. I do, however, manage to get email receipts from them for every purchase I make, so who knows.