• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 7:59 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2714 posts
1098 upvotes
azn0Richard0 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 2:23 pm
What titles would everyone recommend from the list?
I feel i'd like to purchase quite a few of them since there are no physical copies of most of these vr experiences but just don't want to fork over 10$-20$ only to find out it's a 1hr experience with no replay-ability.
Why not think of it like watching a movie.. how many games do you really go back to after beating it
Nov 10, 2003
548 posts
135 upvotes
BC, Canada
theboschman wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 2:24 pm
I’m very interested in Farpoint… But I’m wondering what it’s like without the gun controller.
Get the gun. Well worth it IMO
best VR game i've played.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3019 posts
445 upvotes
Was hoping for Superhot VR
Nov 9, 2010
570 posts
348 upvotes
Montreal
witenite wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 3:39 pm
Why not think of it like watching a movie.. how many games do you really go back to after beating it
Usually don't go to theaters to watch movies for that reason.
If a film is amazing I may purchase them when they are on sale so I can re-watch them.

Other than that it's all pretty much:

That and just like movies there's way too much mediocre content out there that you'd still only want to pay attention to things that are more memorable.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2714 posts
1098 upvotes
Lol to each their own but the batman game I bought knowing it was a demo for $15. To me 90 minutes of entertainment is worth it for me, hence why I compare it to a movie
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1623 posts
1095 upvotes
Calgary
Loto_Bak wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 3:43 pm
Get the gun. Well worth it IMO
best VR game i've played.
At regular price paying $35 for the fun seems fine. On sale it’s a lot closer to $60 which is why I’m second guessing. Guess resale would be pretty good....

Thx for the reply.
Nov 24, 2013
68 posts
11 upvotes
Burnaby
want to hear what others are buying. sadly i already have some of these games in xbox but now i have to re-buy.

batman (I already own this for pc but i recommend this for people who like the batman rocksteady universe)
tombraider (seems like just a virtual museum, since i already played the game on xbox, just buying the full game again doesn't seem like it's worth it)
battlefront (another game i have on xbox but i dumped it cuz it was disappointing. at $5 it's worth it just for the vr mission)
resident evil (i can't wait for the pc port)
surgeon simulator (not sure if this includes the teamfortress version)
bridge crew (I own the pc version, it's a must have for star trek fans)
Last edited by digitalpixies on Oct 10th, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 16, 2007
447 posts
59 upvotes
witenite wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 3:39 pm
Well alot of games these days are finished like movies. Not much of a feat to beat

Lots of games have replay value, such as sparc which is more a sport than a movie
Sep 29, 2010
208 posts
1721 upvotes
I added the list with prices in cad to the thread summary for visibility. Let me know if there are any issues.
Apr 16, 2009
495 posts
71 upvotes
The Battlefront VR mission is well worth it for anyone who hasn't tried it yet, unless maybe you hate Star Wars.
Jul 16, 2007
274 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else getting the "We've encountered an error while processing your order" error message when trying to check out?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1623 posts
1095 upvotes
Calgary
laggyshield wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 6:01 pm
I added the list with prices in cad to the thread summary for visibility. Let me know if there are any issues.
My hero! Thx.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4323 posts
1058 upvotes
Toronto
zeze wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 3:35 pm
Are any of these games playable without VR or are they VR required?

So far I know these don't require VR:
Resident Evil
Race the Sun
Infinite Minigolf
100 Ft Robot Golf
Tekken 7
Trackmanina Turbo
Rollercoaster Dreams
Rise of Tomb Raider
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure all of them except maybe Minigolf and Rollercoaster are primarily regular screen games but with varying levels of PSVR support. Those two games I don't know enough to say either way.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5159 posts
1822 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
DriveClub VR for $10.49 is an absolute STEAL!!!!

Already owned it since day 1, and have completed the game long a go, yet still regularly play online.

I'm glad that this is so cheap now, as hopefully it will add more players to the online community.

If anyone plays into the wee hours of the morning, you'll find that a lot of Europeans come online during that time and it's a blast to play with them.

Does anyone else who previously owns Hustle Kings from downloading the free-to-play version also have the glitch where you cannot buy it?

You must already own the ftp version in order to see it this way:

It just shows "Not Available For Purchase".
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/ ... EKIN000001

Yet, of course you can buy the "VR Add-on" at full price for $13.49 rather than the current $9.99 pricing of the VR version of the full game....LOL!!!!
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/ ... EKINDLC012

Sony seems to be aware of it but has never done anything to fix it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/ ... r_pricing/
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1623 posts
1095 upvotes
Calgary
Woah! wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 10:59 pm
DriveClub VR for $10.49 is an absolute STEAL!!!!

Already owned it since day 1, and have completed the game long a go, yet still regularly play online.

I'm glad that this is so cheap now, as hopefully it will add more players to the online community.

If anyone plays into the wee hours of the morning, you'll find that a lot of Europeans come online during that time and it's a blast to play with them.

Does anyone else who previously owns Hustle Kings from downloading the free-to-play version also have the glitch where you cannot buy it?

You must already own the ftp version in order to see it this way:

It just shows "Not Available For Purchase".
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/ ... EKIN000001

Yet, of course you can buy the "VR Add-on" at full price for $13.49 rather than the current $9.99 pricing of the VR version of the full game....LOL!!!!
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/ ... EKINDLC012

Sony seems to be aware of it but has never done anything to fix it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/ ... r_pricing/
Did they fix DriveClub so that you don't get motion sick? Apparently being able to move your head around can cause problems? Or that's what a lot of reviews were saying...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)