• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 7:59 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2714 posts
1098 upvotes
Woah! wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 10:59 pm
DriveClub VR for $10.49 is an absolute STEAL!!!!

Already owned it since day 1, and have completed the game long a go, yet still regularly play online.

I'm glad that this is so cheap now, as hopefully it will add more players to the online community.

If anyone plays into the wee hours of the morning, you'll find that a lot of Europeans come online during that time and it's a blast to play with them.

Does anyone else who previously owns Hustle Kings from downloading the free-to-play version also have the glitch where you cannot buy it?

You must already own the ftp version in order to see it this way:

It just shows "Not Available For Purchase".
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/ ... EKIN000001

Yet, of course you can buy the "VR Add-on" at full price for $13.49 rather than the current $9.99 pricing of the VR version of the full game....LOL!!!!
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/ ... EKINDLC012

Sony seems to be aware of it but has never done anything to fix it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/ ... r_pricing/
You download the demo for gran turismo? Have that preorder from Walmart for $50 and wonder which is a better vr game
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5164 posts
1829 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
theboschman wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 12:17 am

Did they fix DriveClub so that you don't get motion sick? Apparently being able to move your head around can cause problems? Or that's what a lot of reviews were saying...
What's there to fix?
I don't that the game is the problem, but more up to if the person is prone to motion sickness.
Most seated games are fine.

It's when people opt to stand when playing VR games with full locomotion that motion sickness issues seem to arise.
Standing still, yet having your character mover forwards/backwards, or worse turn left/right can cause instant sickness and dangerous balancing issues.

I don't feel sick when racing, but that may be due to the fact that I sit in a racing cockpit with a full wheel/pedals, etc setup, which makes me feel as though I'm in a real car.
All I know is that I can't go back to non-VR racing, or at least not enjoy it as much.
witenite wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 12:19 am
You download the demo for gran turismo? Have that preorder from Walmart for $50 and wonder which is a better vr game
Yes, I gave it a try today, pretty much the same as the closed Beta test from a few months ago.
Actually, I find it worse because it's constantly crashing, and the fix seems to be unplugging or disabling the network connection when accessing certain settings such as the options menu.
Gonna go for a spin now. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I'll play it enough in order to build up XP & the other rewards which are supposed to transfer over to the full game next week.
Unfortunately they didn't include the 1v1 VR portion of the game in the demo, but I've been faking it by using the PSVR as a big screen (gotta use cockpit view), which is still more immersive than just a TV screen.
I also have it pre-ordered for $50, but from Amazon.
Hopefully the VR support will be enough to justify picking it up, but for $50 I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

Project CARS 2 on the PC....now THAT's where it's at currently for VR racing!!!
Zoom-zoom-zoom!!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1623 posts
1095 upvotes
Calgary
Woah! wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 2:25 am
What's there to fix?
I don't that the game is the problem, but more up to if the person is prone to motion sickness.
Most seated games are fine.

It's when people opt to stand when playing VR games with full locomotion that motion sickness issues seem to arise.
Standing still, yet having your character mover forwards/backwards, or worse turn left/right can cause instant sickness and dangerous balancing issues.

I don't feel sick when racing, but that may be due to the fact that I sit in a racing cockpit with a full wheel/pedals, etc setup, which makes me feel as though I'm in a real car.
All I know is that I can't go back to non-VR racing, or at least not enjoy it as much.
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/review ... mit-comet/

“Vomit Comet” is what stuck out for me.

www.gamesradar.com/amp/heres-why-we-don ... yone-sick/

I know it’s only $10, but scared to have a bad VR experience.
Nov 13, 2016
206 posts
74 upvotes
in for a bunch of games!

Thanks OP. Been waiting for this.
Oct 16, 2007
447 posts
59 upvotes
I had motion sickness with most games when i first got vr.

Most people will. You want to develop your "vr legs". Play a little at a time. When you do get the motion sickness feeling stop. Come back later or take a day or two. Eventually it gets much better. The brain needs to adapt.

Thay being said driveclub wasn't a game that gave me issues. I played it with controller.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1179 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto
theboschman wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 12:17 am
Did they fix DriveClub so that you don't get motion sick? Apparently being able to move your head around can cause problems? Or that's what a lot of reviews were saying...
using the controller makes you motion sick with this game. It's much better with the move sticks.
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Jan 10, 2010
4 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
i was heavily browsing this sale and using psprices.com to see if these have been the lowest prices yet. I'm going to blow over $100 on this one... I had a friend buy me the aim controller in the US; won't get it till November when I see them. I'm on the same mentality as some, if its over 2-3 hours of gameplay for $15, its essentially the same as going out to a movie. If it's just over $20 for the game, then hopefully it's a 3-5 hour game. All comparing to a length/cost of a movie.

Getting:
Mortal Blitz (exciting looking shooter)
Battlezone (had lots of fun in the demo)
Sneaky Bears (cheap and short game, doesn't seem very scary so others in my house can play it)
Gunjack (cheap and short game)
Arizona Sunshie (make use of my soon to arrive aim controller)
VR Worlds (mainly to play the heist)
Archangel (decent reviews and who doesn't want to control a giant robot? haha)

Other comments:
Batman VR, great game and worth it as the sale price. Minimal replay except Joker trophies, but again, treat it like a movie, paying $18.89 for 3-5 hours of fun, not bad.
Job Simulator, played this on the demo disk, had quite a bit of fun with friends watching the silly things you can do. Really debating about getting this one. I believe its at the lowest price to date... but over $20. Only fun with friends watching, playing alone is no fun.

I also tried to use the Costco/Masterpass deal to get some of the discounts PSN cash cards (3 x $20 + 1 x $50, to get over $100), but it didn't work for me... order got cancelled automatically by Costco... I thought it was supposed to work even for non-members (was a member, but didn't renew). And then I tried again, and the system registers that I used the Masterpass deal and it will no longer work for me... grrrr!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1623 posts
1095 upvotes
Calgary
Finally jumped on Star Trek...

Supposed to be better almost with the dual shock so that made me happy...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5164 posts
1829 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
theboschman wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 9:09 am
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/review ... mit-comet/

“Vomit Comet” is what stuck out for me.

www.gamesradar.com/amp/heres-why-we-don ... yone-sick/

I know it’s only $10, but scared to have a bad VR experience.
Those reviews are hilarious.

Clearly it wasn't the game for them, or they weren't willing to put the time in to possibly overcome their "sickness".

I find it odd that some people who actually drive in real-life get VR sickness with a driving game, as it's one of the closest to reality experiences in VR.

On another funny note, you are debating on spending $10 for what is one of the longest/highest replay value VR games offered on the PSVR....and I'm debating if I'll pay $10 in order to buy it digitally so I don't have to get up and put the disk in every time I switch over to play it.

Different strokes for different folks or what eh!!!!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1623 posts
1095 upvotes
Calgary
Woah! wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 4:59 pm
Those reviews are hilarious.

Clearly it wasn't the game for them, or they weren't willing to put the time in to possibly overcome their "sickness".

I find it odd that some people who actually drive in real-life get VR sickness with a driving game, as it's one of the closest to reality experiences in VR.

On another funny note, you are debating on spending $10 for what is one of the longest/highest replay value VR games offered on the PSVR....and I'm debating if I'll pay $10 in order to buy it digitally so I don't have to get up and put the disk in every time I switch over to play it.

Different strokes for different folks or what eh!!!!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Hahaha. Not worried about the $10, just thinking it might be worth the extra $ for Dirt or Gran Turismo.

I think you’re right though.... $10....
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6549 posts
734 upvotes
HeavyFlea wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:49 am
I had motion sickness with most games when i first got vr.

Most people will. You want to develop your "vr legs". Play a little at a time. When you do get the motion sickness feeling stop. Come back later or take a day or two. Eventually it gets much better. The brain needs to adapt.

Thay being said driveclub wasn't a game that gave me issues. I played it with controller.
did you fix your VR settings in terms of eye disparity? Once thats done, I never had sickness again.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5164 posts
1829 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
theboschman wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 5:35 pm
Hahaha. Not worried about the $10, just thinking it might be worth the extra $ for Dirt or Gran Turismo.

I think you’re right though.... $10....
I have both DriveClub & DiRT Rally for the PSVR (also have DR for the PC).

I've probably logged about 100x's more hours in DriveClub, it's just a lot more fun to me.

Aside from Rallycross, I find Rally racing to be so damn lonely. Disappointed But Relieved Face

I'd also have to say that DiRT Rally would be far more apt to cause VR sickness than DriveClub would, at least for me.

I'm still shocked that they're practically giving DriveClub away for $10.

Then again, they killed off the studio which made it, and had they not I would have bought every available piece of DLC which may have come out.

Luckily the game is bug-free, so at least they didn't screw us completely, LOL!!!!!

$10.....still can't believe it.....crazy cheap!!!!!
Dec 21, 2012
139 posts
63 upvotes
Abbotsford
I’m for BattleFront VR - Looks pretty good for $6!
All your base are belong to us
Sep 17, 2016
12 posts
9 upvotes
I know $10 is pretty cheap for Driveclub, but is it worth it if I’m planning to buy Gran turismo sport next week?

Anyway, fantastic sale! Bought Arizona sunshine, dick wylde, statik, sparc, I expect you to die, moonshot galaxy, psyconaults, windlands, superhypercube and smashbox arena for less than $150!
Last edited by Mersault on Oct 13th, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 14, 2005
15 posts
Vancouver
I get an error when trying to place an order. Tried different payment methods both on my computer and on my PS4. What gives? Argh

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)