Cell Phones

$10 Free Account Credit with Activation of Public Mobile Service (for new customer being referred)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2019 4:26 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
As of today, Public Mobile has changed the referral system. Referral codes are now needed during the activation process.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
Jul 21, 2019
138 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
computergeek541 wrote: As of today, Public Mobile has changed the referral system. Referral codes are now needed during the activation process.
Looks like they also censored the phone numbers for people you refer.
Simple change, but way overdue.

And the button to open the referral list only takes one click now. Wow!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
ledasulu wrote: Looks like they also censored the phone numbers for people you refer.
Simple change, but way overdue.

And the button to open the referral list only takes one click now. Wow!
Yeah, it did take them a while to implement this. Privacy concerns were expressed to Public Mobile and people were also stealing Public Mobile to Koodo migration offers in the past.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Agree. I used to see my referee's phone number in full. Now, I see only the last 4 digits. It is a better system.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
embguy wrote: Agree. I used to see my referee's phone number in full. Now, I see only the last 4 digits. It is a better system.
In general, this is better for privacy. However, there are some instances in which the person already knows your phone number, but either forgets to bring the code with them to the store when they activate or don't want to have to bother asking the other person for the code. That could end up In a lost referral.

An example of the new codes being beneficial is a work place where someone is perfectly willing to share the code with a co-worker, but doesn't necessarily want to give out a phone number.
Neo Financial customer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)