Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Public Mobile] $150 90 Day Plan Unlimited CAN/US Talk, Unlimited International Text, 24GB Data *3G Speed.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2018 8:24 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto

[Public Mobile] $150 90 Day Plan Unlimited CAN/US Talk, Unlimited International Text, 24GB Data *3G Speed.

Deal Link:
If you go to make your own plan, you can find this plan.

$150 for 90 days

Unlimited CAN/US Calling
Unlimited International Text
24GB Data over 3 months, it is 3G**

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans
Last edited by Guest2274885 on Oct 19th, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
***NOTE*** This is on a "3G speed" plan. That means while it's still an LTE connection (so you benefit from LTE's improved latency), it's capped to around 3 Mbps top speeds. If you switch back to 3G proper, you get uncapped HSPA speeds. This will only be noticeable to users who stream at 1080p or higher, or regularly download large files (or visit lots of high-res-image-heavy sites on the web)

Also!
No need to buy in for 90 days (unless you want the flexibility of 24GB over 90 days as opposed to 8GB over 30 days). Select 30 day and 8GB and all the same options, the price is $50
80 replies
Apr 30, 2007
979 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
24gb on 3g?

try using 8gb/month at ant speeds
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4254 posts
5605 upvotes
Muskoka
If you have read ANY of the Public Mobile threads, most (if not all) of those on *3G* plans at PM know that it is really not 3G and are quite happy with the speeds.

This deal is OK. You get a lot of data and can call the US. But the price point is higher than most want to pay or maybe do not need US calling. Especially with the recent Koodo promo offering 8GB for $40 (not to mention bill credits) people know where the bar can go.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1173 posts
1150 upvotes
How do these plans work with the loyalty and autopay discounts?

The promo last week I believe was 8 GB same everything else for 30 days and $50 a month...
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1792 posts
1178 upvotes
Eastern Canada
auto pay on 90 days plan is -$6

plus another discount on loyalty
one year loyalty on 90 days plan is -$3
two year loyalty on 90 days plan is -$6
three year loyalty on 90 days plan is -$9
four year loyalty on 90 days plan is -$12
five year loyalty on 90 days plan is -$15
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1792 posts
1178 upvotes
Eastern Canada
it's 4G Lte throttle..

it run on 3G H+
or 4G Lte trottle
Last edited by fonzy35 on Oct 19th, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Apr 30, 2008
634 posts
231 upvotes
Waterloo
spotts01 wrote: Especially with the recent Koodo promo offering 8GB for $40 (not to mention bill credits) people know where the bar can go.
Which Koodo promo are you referring to? Is this ongoing?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9110 posts
6961 upvotes
West GTEH!
This offer could be interpreted as $50/month with 8GB data.
😎
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10161 posts
11207 upvotes
yoyogu wrote: 24gb on 3g?

try using 8gb/month at ant speeds
It's not on 3G, it's 3G equivalent speed (usually 3Mbps). You still get an LTE connection (if available), you're speed is just throttled.

Assuming 3Mbps throttling, it would take: (24GB * 1024)/(3Mbps / 8) = 24576MB/0.375MBps = 65536s ~= 18hours

18 hours of downloading over 3 months? Seems pretty easy IMHO, that's only 12 minutes of downloading a day.
Aug 31, 2009
179 posts
174 upvotes
toronto
Nexzen wrote: If you go to make your own plan, you can find this plan.

$150 for 90 days

Unlimited CAN/US Calling
Unlimited International Text
24GB Data over 3 months, it is 3G**

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans
I think you should mention that it's 3G on your title... it's kinda important.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
This has been discussed ENDLESSLY every time one of these PM 3G plan threads starts up. For the majority of users, you'll never be able to tell the difference between PM's "3G" plans and full speed LTE. The only time it becomes noticeable is when you're trying to stream 1080p or higher, or downloading large files. You can still switch over to 3G proper for uncapped HSPA+ speeds (which can get you up into the 20-30 mbps range) for those tasks, but in all honesty streaming at 1080p or higher on capped data mobile plans isn't the wisest plan of action anyway. Netflix HD streaming uses up 3GB/hour, so your 8GB will only get you 2.7 hours of streaming time.
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
762 upvotes
n3i1 wrote: I think you should mention that it's 3G on your title... it's kinda important.
I think we had a term for such speed. The LTE lite.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8974 posts
2827 upvotes
All you guys hating on LTE lite. Tell me what you need on your phone that requires 3mbps or more other than tethering?
Nov 27, 2013
439 posts
227 upvotes
wearysky wrote: This has been discussed ENDLESSLY every time one of these PM 3G plan threads starts up. For the majority of users, you'll never be able to tell the difference between PM's "3G" plans and full speed LTE. The only time it becomes noticeable is when you're trying to stream 1080p or higher, or downloading large files. You can still switch over to 3G proper for uncapped HSPA+ speeds (which can get you up into the 20-30 mbps range) for those tasks, but in all honesty streaming at 1080p or higher on capped data mobile plans isn't the wisest plan of action anyway. Netflix HD streaming uses up 3GB/hour, so your 8GB will only get you 2.7 hours of streaming time.
What he said.

I switched my sister and nice to PM. They use a lot of data, they are on the 8GB plan for $50, because the signal shows as LTE they still believe it's LTE. They have not noticed the difference in speed when I asked them.

Of course if you are downloading big files you will notice it. Also you can set it to 3G and you will get higher speeds than capped 3mbit/s on LTE
Feb 28, 2012
648 posts
525 upvotes
BC
saulin wrote: What he said.

I switched my sister and nice to PM. They use a lot of data, they are on the 8GB plan for $50, because the signal shows as LTE they still believe it's LTE. They have not noticed the difference in speed when I asked them.

Of course if you are downloading big files you will notice it. Also you can set it to 3G and you will get higher speeds than capped 3mbit/s on LTE
I get that some people can't tell the difference between 3G and LTE.. some people can't tell the difference between LCD and OLED either. I've been on public mobile and the 3G is okay but not for me. I do understand that it is good enough for many people I know. Just because you can't tell the difference doesn't mean others can't. I can switch my mom to 3G and she can't tell the difference either. Hardly a vote of confidence for those who appreciate faster speeds.

All that opinionated talk aside.... is $50/month really a great deal for 8gb of 3G data? I would put it on the lukewarm side. Probably something to get the kids who are chewing through data.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1567 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
Most people won't notice the slower speed, especially the non-techies in your family/friends. Never, ever, ever ask them whether it's slower....don't go looking for trouble, trouble will find you Face With Tears Of Joy
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Sep 16, 2011
598 posts
681 upvotes
Southern AB
I consider myself a power user, but decided to try their 3G Speed data to save money. Except for some large gifs, YouTube streaming at lower bitrates; most apps, web browsing, and streaming services are pretty good.
Dec 6, 2010
249 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Most people are caught up on the 3g/ LTE Lite data and have ignored that this deal also has unlimited calling to the US.. Definitely a good deal for those that call the states..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)