Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

1GB LTE Data add-on - 50% off - Limited Time Pricing

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2020 10:01 am
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER

1GB LTE Data add-on - 50% off - Limited Time Pricing

Deal Link:
Price:
$15
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Public Mobile
For a limited time (Expiry date unknown), Public Mobile has the 1GB LTE Data Add-on for $15. Regular price is $30. The add-on will carry over until all the data is used up.
89 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
Where do you see that it's a limited time pricing? It's actually been at $15 for a little while now
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
Brandoge wrote: $15 for 1 gig is cold
Unless you happen to be a Public Mobile customer on a low usage plan who likes to have an extra gig handy in case of run-over. Then $15 for 1GB is half-price. :rolleyes: Pillock.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Dave98 wrote: Where do you see that it's a limited time pricing? It's actually been at $15 for a little while now
It says limited time pricing. I have no idea how long it's been at that price for, or how long it will stay at that price for. I only saw it when I logged on to check my usage.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Brandoge wrote: $15 for 1 gig is cold
Useful add-on if you've got the $10/month, 50 min, 50 text plan, which by the way, is the only way you can get LTE data on Public. If you're not on that plan, or some other grandfathered no-data plan, then move along.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7737 posts
10771 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I wonder if any of these people saying it's cold are Public Mobile customers.

If it were an extra gig for a month, I'd understand why people think it's cold, but an extra gig that lasts until you use it is quite different.

It's not super hot, but it's decent for those with low monthly caps that sometimes go over.
Jun 17, 2007
427 posts
518 upvotes
I thought this was straight up just the new normal price, it's been this way a long time. Who wants to pay $30 for 1gb data when the $40 plan comes with 5gb?
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Elanzer wrote: I thought this was straight up just the new normal price, it's been this way a long time. Who wants to pay $30 for 1gb data when the $40 plan comes with 5gb?
LIke I said, I don't know how long it's been at the price. When they say limited time pricing, it could also mean in the near future, they may drop that add-on altogether, just like they dropped the $10 plan. For me, the add-on is a perfect pairing for my $10 plan. For use when I drop out of wi-fi, the 1GB lasts me almost a year. And it's the last remaining LTE data option on Public.
Jun 17, 2007
427 posts
518 upvotes
Rogido wrote: LIke I said, I don't know how long it's been at the price. When they say limited time pricing, it could also mean in the near future, they may drop that add-on altogether, just like they dropped the $10 plan. For me, the add-on is a perfect pairing for my $10 plan. For use when I drop out of wi-fi, the 1GB lasts me almost a year. And it's the last remaining LTE data option on Public.
Have you seen the $15 plan with 100min, unlimited incoming and texts and 250mb data? I guess the plan you have is one or the only ones that buying data makes sense
Jul 4, 2016
177 posts
295 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I pay $13 for 9GB add-on with Koodo. This is colder than ice.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Elanzer wrote: Have you seen the $15 plan with 100min, unlimited incoming and texts and 250mb data? I guess the plan you have is one or the only ones that buying data makes sense
Unfortunately if you added the 1GB on the $15 plan, you'd only get 3G data, since the 250MB is at 3G speed.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
iamdesperado wrote: I pay $13 for 9GB add-on with Koodo. This is colder than ice.
You're so right, since you're also paying $10/month on your base plan, and your 9GB rolls over. :facepalm: Thanks for coming.

Actually, btw, I'm paying $5/month currently for my Public Mobile base plan. Paired with the 1GB data add-on , I can't think of a better low-usage, backup cell plan, and it's still eligible for the USA roaming options.
Last edited by Rogido on May 17th, 2020 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7737 posts
10771 upvotes
Richmond Hill
iamdesperado wrote: I pay $13 for 9GB add-on with Koodo. This is colder than ice.
It's not quite comparable. You're paying that $13 every month regardless of whether you use that data or not.

For example, have you touched any of that 9GB add-on in the last few months? If you were staying at home like you're supposed to, you probably didn't.

For someone that goes over a couple hundred megabytes every now and then, paying $15 maybe once or twice a year would be a lot more cost-effective.
Sep 1, 2009
376 posts
339 upvotes
gta
Y’all need to understands the trick here. Cellphone companies are desperate to get more money from each one of us so bad. They will give you 30$ plan with one GB data but put a price 50$ for 8gb data wtf ? Why don’t you give me 25$ for 4gb instead. But they won’t. That’s how they keep monthly recurring from each one of us as high as possible even though data costs are fraction of a dollar for a GB. F that !
Rant over - existing pm mobile customer here for one of my number and this deal is cold.
“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”-John Galt 😎
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2444 posts
3168 upvotes
Actually, for most PM customers, the 1 GB data add on would be 3G speed, unless you are on grandfathered LTE plans, grandfathered $10 plan or the 1GB LTE data only plan. Most of the PM data plans are 3G speed, so the data add on would be 3G speed also.

This lower pricing for data add on has been going on since late March (Covid response). Good for PM customers on the lower usage plans since unused portion of add on does roll over to next month.

I would not consider this a hot deal though for most customers...
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1458 posts
1000 upvotes
havn't even used the 2 gb extra they gave me a while ago ... but thanks for letting us know
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Useful add-on if you've got the $10/month, 50 min, 50 text plan, which by the way, is the only way you can get LTE data on Public. If you're not on that plan, or some other grandfathered no-data plan, then move along.
I have a cheap combo plan using PM $10 50/50 plan and Fido $10 4GB LTE data only plan on a dual SIM phone.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7848 posts
9211 upvotes
Vancouver
I wonder how many customers downgraded to the $15 plan in the past 60 days.

If it weren't for the loyalty discounts, I'd switch to Lucky in a heartbeat. More data for the same money.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)