Sep 13, 2006
2749 posts
1927 upvotes
Muskoka

$25 Referral For both parties - Until Dec 6 - Extended to Dec16

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Public Mobile
From November 15th until December 16th, 2018, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

ONLINE ONLY - Do not activate in-store
Any 30 or 90 day plan qualifies.
Both of you will get the $25 credit within 72 hours. You, as the person referring, will continue to get a $1/30day credit so long as both accounts are still active

To refer, you supply the new account with your PM phone number and they enter that on the 1st page during activation.

SIM cards are available at Walmart, WOW mobile, London Drugs, and K-Mobile. SIM cards are $10. Given that is is OnLine only, you may be best to order your SIM directly from PublicMobile

Current popular 30 day plans are (all include Unl Cda wide talk, Unl Intl MMS text)
All plans are $2 off listed if you set up auto-pay with your credit card
4.5GB $40
6GB $45
8GB $50 (also include unl calls to USA)
Last edited by spotts01 on Nov 22nd, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Koodo
Public Mobile
148 replies
Apr 13, 2005
380 posts
189 upvotes
I don’t understand what’s telus is doing.
Are they trying to build the pm brand or are they trying to move pm users to Koodo?
Jan 1, 2010
106 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
It is like a feeder brand. They sign you up with Public and try to transition you to postpaid with either Telus or Koodo.

Postpaid customers are more valuable as they can be charged data overages etc.
May 31, 2018
12 posts
10 upvotes
Absolutely love these promos. Signed up a bunch of friends, added auto pay. Getting a really good price for 6gb of data. And "4g lite" is good enough for mobile stuff. Pro tip - switch to 3g for faster speeds :)
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1460 posts
882 upvotes
Ottawa
If you're hoping to eventually qualify for a Koodo migration offer like this:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-3 ... t-2217522/

...then this is a good way to take the first step (i.e., becoming a PM customer) without spending too much (note that the $25 promo credit you receive will be added to your account after you activate - so you need to pay for the first 30 days up front, and then the $25 credit can be applied to your next 30 days).

BUT keep in mind that there's no guarantee you'll qualify for the next migration offer, when and if it ever comes. (Even if there's a Black Friday offer from Koodo to PM customers, you may be too new a customer to qualify). So be prepared to be with PM for a while.

Also keep in mind the regular PM caveats - their support is forum-based only (you have to private message moderators to get help) and currently takes days for them to reply; US roaming is available, but no roaming anywhere else; and the best priced plans have "3G speeds" for their data (though it's really just an LTE connection that is capped at 3Mbps - good enough for most people's day to day use).
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Nov 10, 2009
698 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Really love public mobile plans and pricing with possibility of getting koodo migration promos. using bell and PM both in my new Asus zenfone 3. Works flawless.
Koodo $40/6GB, $35/5GB
Public Mobile customer
Rogers 500u - $30
Jan 27, 2007
505 posts
348 upvotes
Remember, you have to have the SIM card in hand before you activate and get the bonus. With the postal strikes, I suggest you get your SIM card in store, then activate online.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1460 posts
882 upvotes
Ottawa
Zaptor99 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2018 11:01 am
Remember, you have to have the SIM card in hand before you activate and get the bonus. With the postal strikes, I suggest you get your SIM card in store, then activate online.
I think if you order online now, you should be okay to make it by the Dec 6 deadline for this promo. But if you need to sign up faster, then yeah, buy it in-store (call ahead! lots of stores refuse to sell the SIM on its own, without activating there too). And once a week or two has passed, then online ordering will definitely get risky vis-a-vis Dec 6 deadline.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2749 posts
1927 upvotes
Muskoka
I just ordered 3. I always like to have a few on hand. And it always seems to work out that having one sitting in my desk drawer was a good thing for whatever reason.
Koodo
Public Mobile
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16733 posts
5259 upvotes
Toronto
habsfan9 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2018 10:11 am
I don’t understand what’s telus is doing.
Are they trying to build the pm brand or are they trying to move pm users to Koodo?
The long term objective is more postpaid customers.
Koodo $35/5GB and $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo $120/12GB/90 days
Fido $0/3GB
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16733 posts
5259 upvotes
Toronto
spotts01 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2018 11:27 am
I just ordered 3. I always like to have a few on hand. And it always seems to work out that having one sitting in my desk drawer was a good thing for whatever reason.
I think they use Canada Post for online SIM card orders. They have an announcement about possible shipment delays. I am always well stocked and ready.
Koodo $35/5GB and $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo $120/12GB/90 days
Fido $0/3GB
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)