Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

$25 Referral credit for both parties until Mar 31

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2019 1:32 pm
Jul 22, 2013
306 posts
158 upvotes
I find public mobile signal no different from Koodo signal. So once my done with 90day with Koodo I'm going back to PM hopefully on a similar deal like this, which seem to happen every 2 month.
Aug 1, 2017
134 posts
520 upvotes
Trying to get my parents to join Public Mobile is like taking candy from a kid. They are so afraid of change.
So Walmart is no longer giving away free sims?

I just want the referral money...
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
Nebster wrote: Trying to get my parents to join Public Mobile is like taking candy from a kid. They are so afraid of change.

Sign them up and swap out the SIM card. They won't know the difference.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Nebster wrote: Trying to get my parents to join Public Mobile is like taking candy from a kid. They are so afraid of change.

If your parents on Rogers network using an old flip phone,. Make sure that their phone support at least 3G - not just GSM. Otherwise, you need to get a new phone to use with PM.

Very soon, Rogers is going to turn off the GSM signal. Therefore, sooner or later, you need to get new phone for your parents if you are not changing phone now.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
audit13 wrote: Activated a PM line months ago and no migrations offers. A few co-workers activated at the same time and no offers for them either. The first PM to Koodo offer ($40/4) came out in mid-February of 2018. Don't think there will be any offer for months,
Dunkster wrote: No recent news on Koodo migration offers the last couple of months. Who knows when the next migration offer will happen.

With autopay and referral credits, Public Mobile prices are cheaper and reception is decent since PM uses Telus/Bell towers. A major drawback is the lack of call centre for immediate help with account issues and customer service. I have been with PM since the summer and have not been offered any migration offer.
If it doesn't come in the next month, I'll cancel the lines. I don't like talking to customer service anyway. I don't want LTE "Lite", and no VoLTE. I was the first one to post Public's new plans here, and I got downvoted to hell because of LTE "Lite", but now everyone is fine with it. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
2397 posts
575 upvotes
PM - VK3Q69
i setup a number and will be porting my koodo line over. will i loose my referral credit if i port my number immediately or should i wait until i get my credit and then port over?
Nov 19, 2017
511 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
o0vL wrote: i setup a number and will be porting my koodo line over. will i loose my referral credit if i port my number immediately or should i wait until i get my credit and then port over?
Generally, porting doesn't affect referral credit. To be safe, I would just wait for the credit, which will be usually next day, albeit officially within 72 hours.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
2397 posts
575 upvotes
PM - VK3Q69
slpless wrote: Generally, porting doesn't affect referral credit. To be safe, I would just wait for the credit, which will be usually next day, albeit officially within 72 hours.
Thanks, I found the same answer on PM community a few mins ago. The referral is linked to the account, not the number
Nov 19, 2017
511 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
o0vL wrote: Thanks, I found the same answer on PM community a few mins ago. The referral is linked to the account, not the number
Exactly.
Feb 13, 2019
14 posts
5 upvotes
Just been reading through PM community send to be ok with lots of people helping and a chance to earn $20 of a month is crazy!!!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Red08TRX4 wrote: Just been reading through PM community send to be ok with lots of people helping and a chance to earn $20 of a month is crazy!!!
You don't get $20/m as the $20 is reserved for the Oracle member which is by invitation only. You will not get a invitation with less than 1 year at the community. The max you can get is $15 for now.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1657 posts
2172 upvotes
Red08TRX4 wrote: Just been reading through PM community send to be ok with lots of people helping and a chance to earn $20 of a month is crazy!!!
Yes, but the $20 is reserved for Oracles. The next reward level is $15 you can make if you stay active.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2904 posts
220 upvotes
Dunkster wrote: 6. No Wifi calling
What do you mean by this? You can't use skype if you have free wifi access?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1657 posts
2172 upvotes
rain wrote: What do you mean by this? You can't use skype if you have free wifi access?
Skype is a saperate app. Yo shouldn't have any problem with it.
WiFi calling is a feature from carriers that allows you to place a call through wifi when network is weak in some area like basement.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
rain wrote: What do you mean by this? You can't use skype if you have free wifi access?
Skype is different from WiFi calling.
If you are at location without or week mobile signal, you can call out or receive call using WiFi. WiFi calling is a premium provided by Big 3. You are still using your mobile phone number to call out and receiving call with WiFi calling.
Jun 22, 2016
495 posts
381 upvotes
Not important

You just gotta change it for them and tell them later. I just switched from Telus 6 dinosaur internet to Shaw 300 for my parents. He was all worried that the service tech is going to come and drill holes all over his walls and wouldnt agree to switching. I got a modem and I plugged it into our existing cable line. Haha. No service tech or wall drilling needed. He was surprised.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5638 upvotes
Muskoka
$5/month is fairly easy to obtain if you participate in the forums. $10/month is not hard if you are active, maybe 75 posts per month that’s only 2-3 post per day. Maybe less. To get the $15 reward you have quite active. Typically most people do not participate for the money, it’s really not worth it. They do it because they want to help.

Even $5 is nice when it come in regularly.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2013
1328 posts
965 upvotes
Toronto

As an aside, I thought the expression was "like taking candy from a baby", meaning something very easy to do.
Last edited by injust on Feb 14th, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 1, 2017
134 posts
520 upvotes
Injust wrote: As an aside, I thought the expression was "like taking candy from a baby" meant something very easy.
AHA! Learn something new everyday.
I always thought it meant it was hard because the kid won't let go.

I'm going to have a talk with them soon~
Feb 13, 2019
14 posts
5 upvotes
spotts01 wrote: $5/month is fairly easy to obtain if you participate in the forums. $10/month is not hard if you are active, maybe 75 posts per month that’s only 2-3 post per day. Maybe less. To get the $15 reward you have quite active. Typically most people do not participate for the money, it’s really not worth it. They do it because they want to help.

Even $5 is nice when it come in regularly.
Thanks for that Spotts so the $20 is a carrot then. Even $15 is amazing really

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)