Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] $25 Referral credit for both parties until Mar 31

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2019 8:16 am
Feb 13, 2019
54 posts
16 upvotes
This is a good deal. Thanks OP.

EDIT: Please don't PM me - I am not looking for a referral.
Nov 19, 2017
456 posts
332 upvotes
Vancouver
Someone says referrer can see the referee's phone number under Public Mobile self serve. Is it true? Never heard of it.
Banned
Feb 13, 2019
77 posts
27 upvotes
Yes its true.... I think some people think toomuch while getting a referral.... for them its like buying a car... Smiling Face With Open Mouth LOL
Nov 17, 2017
810 posts
556 upvotes
slpless wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 2:42 pm
Someone says referrer can see the referee's phone number under Public Mobile self serve. Is it true? Never heard of it.
Yes, under Rewards section, there is a small arrow beside Total Rewards earned. Pick that arrow and the list of the referee numbers can be seen.

Public Mobile should really change the referral system.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Nov 19, 2017
456 posts
332 upvotes
Vancouver
slpless wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 1:58 pm
Probably best to order online at https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart because some retailers won't sell SIM cards without activating in store. If you want, you can try one of retailers near you like Walmart, WOW! Mobile, K-Mobile, London Drugs, The Mobile Shop, or Koodo Authorized Dealers.
FYI. It took just one day to receive my SIM cards by Canada Post Xpresspost (ON to BC). Impressive!
Jul 12, 2013
312 posts
168 upvotes
Halifax
slpless wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 3:50 pm
FYI. It took just one day to receive my SIM cards by Canada Post Xpresspost (ON to BC). Impressive!
Somebody is going to get 50$ today
Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1669 posts
512 upvotes
Mississauga
Dunkster wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 2:54 pm
Yes, under Rewards section, there is a small arrow beside Total Rewards earned. Pick that arrow and the list of the referee numbers can be seen.

Public Mobile should really change the referral system.
Nothing wrong with that. It just tells you who you referred. The referral has your number, and you have theirs. No other info is listed.
Public Mobile
Dec 4, 2005
166 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Public is great for people who tend to use more data than they are allotted, like my mom who sometimes paid up to $69 on a $40 Fido plan. No more overage fees on Public.

Great for kids and others who have trouble keeping track of the amount of data they've used.
Nov 23, 2018
232 posts
195 upvotes
I have been with Public Mobile for almost a year now. I find the 3G speed is good enough for everyday use. However, sometimes I needed the speed boost (don’t ask me what), so I switched to the $62 dollar for 6 GB at LTE speed.

It has been 2 days, and my speed is still at 3G. Anyone know when the new speed will take effect?
Please don’t mention the turn off LTE and use the actual 3G network to break through the throttle. It looks good on paper and speed test, but it is horribly slow in real world use.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9794 posts
9001 upvotes
BRKAMZN wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 8:14 pm
I have been with Public Mobile for almost a year now. I find the 3G speed is good enough for everyday use. However, sometimes I needed the speed boost (don’t ask me what), so I switched to the $62 dollar for 6 GB at LTE speed.

It has been 2 days, and my speed is still at 3G. Anyone know when the new speed will take effect?
Please don’t mention the turn off LTE and use the actual 3G network to break through the throttle. It looks good on paper and speed test, but it is horribly slow in real world use.
Restart your phone may help.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Nov 23, 2018
232 posts
195 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 8:16 pm
Restart your phone may help.
Been there and done that for like 10 times.
Any other tips?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1168 posts
851 upvotes
BRKAMZN wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 8:14 pm

It'll take about 72 hours for the speed to change
Nov 23, 2018
232 posts
195 upvotes
chhotadon wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 8:18 pm
It'll take about 72 hours for the speed to change
Ouch. I am consuming data at 3G speed but paying for LTE speed. I better turn it off.

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 7 guests)

Franchise10, Spiderpal93, tor98