Muskoka

$28 Plan with 1GB and unl text/Cda wide calling

Deal Link:
Price:
$28
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Let try this again

The previous thread on this was LOCKED due to people asking for or offering referrals
DO NOT ASK FOR REFERRALS (even indirectly)

Public Mobile has added their 500MB Auto-pay bonus to their $30 500MB plan, so you end up with 1GB per 30 days.
Also included:
Unlimited intl text
Unlimited Cda wide calling
Call fwd
voice mail

You need to sign up for auto-pay to get this bonus data, but that also drops your 30 day cost by $2 to $28.

Existing customers can switch to this plan. If you are already on the $30 plan, you still need to switch to this.

New customers can get a $10 one time referral credit if they have a referral.

The following was copied from the PM forums and was from a PM employee

Updated as of Jan 25, 2019
*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

Updated as of Feb 14
2 active promos can reduce the cost of this plan for new customers only.
EXPIRED - Until Mar04 - Get $10 off for 6 months on any plan $30 or more.
Until Mar18 - Get $25 one-time referral credit for both parties when you activate ONLINE
Last edited by spots01 on Mar 5th, 2019 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
369 replies
Mar 7, 2011
152 posts
160 upvotes
Edmonton
Lol..... So my aunt is 63 and she currently has a $33 per month plan with Koodo for 200 day time minutes, unlimited texts, and 100mb of data... I've been telling her to switch to public but she continues to say oh nooo I have a really good plan I won't get rid of it... I said it's not a good plan at all. You will have 1gb of data and unlimited calls. She said idk maybe when I get back from holidays (she's going for 3 months until the end of July.... Her other complaint was no call support. I said I switched one of our lines to public and we've had no issues... But she still said maybe when I get back. Ughhhhh any idea how long they might have these plans with the extra 500mb data on for??
Sep 1, 2011
451 posts
119 upvotes
Chilliwack
gmih7470 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 1:57 pm
Lol..... So my aunt is 63 and she currently has a $33 per month plan with Koodo for 200 day time minutes, unlimited texts, and 100mb of data... I've been telling her to switch to public but she continues to say oh nooo I have a really good plan I won't get rid of it... I said it's not a good plan at all. You will have 1gb of data and unlimited calls. She said idk maybe when I get back from holidays (she's going for 3 months until the end of July.... Her other complaint was no call support. I said I switched one of our lines to public and we've had no issues... But she still said maybe when I get back. Ughhhhh any idea how long they might have these plans with the extra 500mb data on for??
My mom (in her 70s) has been with Public for a few years. But I have to take care of anything like switching her plan, getting her a new phone, etc. If you're willing to do that for her it's a great deal. If you're not willing then it's best she stay with a company that has phone support and physical locations.
Jun 2, 2012
116 posts
115 upvotes
Maple Ridge
For anyone wondering about Public Mobile's service, it's owned by Telus and after using the service for over a year I can confirm that it's great. Telus towers, Telus reliability. Highly recommended.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25500 posts
3701 upvotes
Hamilton
beth1791 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 2:17 pm
My mom (in her 70s) has been with Public for a few years. But I have to take care of anything like switching her plan, getting her a new phone, etc. If you're willing to do that for her it's a great deal. If you're not willing then it's best she stay with a company that has phone support and physical locations.
I’ve been using PM for 2 years now. No issues at all with the service. No CSR needed at all.
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Apr 16, 2013
202 posts
201 upvotes
Surrey
gmih7470 wrote:
People like your Aunt are the type of customers cell phone companies want.
Oct 15, 2006
277 posts
85 upvotes
Markham
demon1102 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 2:43 pm
repost
Read the first post. Original was locked due to referral requests.
Jun 9, 2013
313 posts
206 upvotes
Surrey
is this promo limited time? i ordered a public mobile sim card online, hopefully the deal will still be here when i get the sim card..
Jul 12, 2013
333 posts
174 upvotes
Halifax
kjc123 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 2:53 pm
is this promo limited time? i ordered a public mobile sim card online, hopefully the deal will still be here when i get the sim card..
You should be just fine, this doesn't look like a limited time offer anyways.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
1075 posts
111 upvotes
Does public mobile data work like freedom mobile, unlimited but throttled after your bandwidth is over. Also, is there a way to set it up so that there’s no overages and monthly amount is always same?
Feb 22, 2013
502 posts
267 upvotes
gmih7470 wrote:
For $3 more ($36) she can get phone support plus 4 gb of data on Zoomer.
Jul 12, 2013
333 posts
174 upvotes
Halifax
dorje wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 3:20 pm
Does public mobile data work like freedom mobile, unlimited but throttled after your bandwidth is over. Also, is there a way to set it up so that there’s no overages and monthly amount is always same?
This is a prepaid service, so if you have 5GB , you only have that, once that is finished, you won't be able to use data, unless you buy addon, so basically for some people this is what they want , since you don't have to worry about overages or surprises.
Last edited by aniadoor1 on Jan 28th, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3273 posts
2756 upvotes
Muskoka
dorje wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 3:20 pm
No, it's not like Freedom
When you run out of data with PM, your data simply stops. It's all prepaid. There will never be any overage charges for data overruns, long distance, roaming outside of Canada. You can get all of those, but you have to manually go into your PM account and pre-purchase those add-ons. (Roaming only available in USA)
Koodo
Public Mobile