Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

$40 ($38 with AutoPay) 4GB Province wide calling for existing Freedom Mobile Customers

Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1666 posts
1438 upvotes
Toronto

$40 ($38 with AutoPay) 4GB Province wide calling for existing Freedom Mobile Customers

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
July 6, 2017
Retailer:
Public Mobile
This Fall 2016 promotion is back! But this time is only limited to Freedom Mobile customers. Offer ends on June 30th.
  • 4GB/month on a 90-day plan on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display
  • Sign up for AutoPay on Activation and you can earn another $2 off your payment every 30 days!
  • Only active Freedom mobile customers who port in their phone number by the communicated end date are eligible for this offer.
  • Offer ends July 6, 2017 at 11:59pm EST and SIM cards must be activated before this time.
Last edited by bst on Jun 15th, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
By: Thatdealguy

How to get this plan without risking your own number

1) Go to Freedom and sign up a number
2) Port your Freedom number to Public Mobile
3) After you get the plan, port your real number over

How Province-wide talk works: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... /true#M257
When in your province:
All calls made within your province are free
All calls received from anywhere are free
Any calls made to anywhere outside your province require a long distance add-on ($8 for 200 mins and $15 for 400 mins (includes international LD to 18 countries), add on never expires until you use it all up)

When outside your province
Calls made to whichever province you are in are free
INCOMING Calls all over Canada may be free. I used phone traveling outside province and incoming calls worked for 3 weeks without add-on ;But PM forum has conflicting views.
Outgoing in province you are traveling is FREE. Calling outside the province needs add-on: about 4cents/min (200/400 min for $8/$15), this add-on rolls over - never expires

SMS and Data have no provincial restrictions. You send/receive text and use Data anywhere within Canada. Province Wide only applies to voice calls.

Public mobile also offers US roaming option - Packs for 10 days cost:
$8 for text only OR talk only;
$15 for talk+text and
$20 for talk+text+data (250 MB).
Data only for 10 days is $10-250 MB; $15 - 500 MB and $20 - 1 GB

Other FAQ: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public- ... o-2050037/
Note: Some info are outdated.
1620 replies
Banned
Apr 19, 2016
435 posts
226 upvotes
Sign up freedom today and port in public mobile tomorrow for most ppl. Lol. Freedom wins SIM card fee. Public witns customer, customer gets their dream plan with pay a little more money ( cheaper than buying from kijiji) looks like triple win
Mar 25, 2012
80 posts
201 upvotes
TORONTO
Thanks OP, wont sign up for it, but this is a great deal. Just a note for everyone when choosing the plan:

Build Your Plan.

90-day plan
Unlimited Province-wide1 Talk
Unlimited Global Text
6GB* data
Plan Subtotal: $120 ($40/month) plus applicable taxes

*Note: You must select the 6GB/90 days plan option for this promotion to be applied. Selecting any other option will not work. 6GB bonus will be added within 72 hours - that’s 12GB over 90 days = 4GB/month for $40!3 Please check your online account/self-serve to verify you have received your bonus 6GB.
Jul 31, 2016
642 posts
1275 upvotes
Whitby
90 Day plan for $40? Is that how it works? So you pay $120 upfront?
Last edited by ajacian81 on Jun 15th, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 24, 2013
291 posts
585 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
ajacian81 wrote: 90 Day plan for $40? Is that how it works?
It is complicated :-)
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1941 posts
3056 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Awesome! Thanks OP. I've been waiting for this deal to come back and kept checking Public Mobile's site every few days. It's a bit annoying to switch to Wind the switch to Public but if we act quickly there should be enough time to do this.
Mar 5, 2013
496 posts
703 upvotes
Kitchener
Pretty good deal if you want to make the jump now to a better network. But with Shaw's purchase of the 700mhz & 2500mhz spectrum a couple days ago, and deployment in September it's pretty enticing for me to stay with my current plan. I feel like Public planned this because of Shaw's purchase
Sep 5, 2007
110 posts
286 upvotes
Calgary
what's going to happen after 90 days? Do you keep getting 6GB of bonus data when you prepay 90 days?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3841 posts
2260 upvotes
'Shwallywood
ajacian81 wrote: 90 Day plan for $40? Is that how it works? So you pay $120 upfront?
$120 for 90 days. On a continuous cycle,

The only complication is that people can't work out the math and either think it costs more than other plans, or they don't understand how many days it is. (At least when I've pushed this plan on friends)
Last edited by nellium on Jun 15th, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Dec 20, 2016
167 posts
51 upvotes
I don't get why they don't open this up for everyone? Wouldn't they get more customers? Was about to get the 3GB $15 Fido deal to use as my second sim, now tempted to do this.

Worried about porting my number from Bell > Freedom > Public in less that 15 days to get this deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2013
1216 posts
713 upvotes
Sauga
ericzchu wrote: what's going to happen after 90 days? Do you keep getting 6GB of bonus data when you prepay 90 days?
Of course yes. Also, you can put your plan on hold for 90 days if you ever wanna do so (Vacation etc..but works only if you know three months ahead of time)
Oct 24, 2013
291 posts
585 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
I got this plan last Nov
Two of them, one for spouse

Have not seen a better offer since

Grab one while it lasts......
Banned
Sep 5, 2016
344 posts
370 upvotes
I think Big-3 trying to crush younger provider.
Satisfied Customer from these providers :-
Koodo Mobile
Public Mobile
Tangerine Bank
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10576 posts
15687 upvotes
GT-EH
NewToRfd wrote: I don't get why they don't open this up for everyone? Wouldn't they get more customers? Was about to get the 3GB $15 Fido deal to use as my second sim, now tempted to do this.

Worried about porting my number from Bell > Freedom > Public in less that 15 days to get this deal.
Yea, not sure why they are targeting Freedom customers only.
That really sucks. This promo would do better if open to everyone for a limited time.

If you are on Freedom right now, I would not hesitate to move... do it and never look back.
The Public network is Telus owned and the coverage is great.
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Dec 20, 2016
167 posts
51 upvotes
GiOBoY wrote: Yea, not sure why they are targeting Freedom customers only.

That really sucks. This promo would do better if open to everyone for a limited time.

If you are on Freedom right now, I would not hesitate to move.
I'm with Rogers, Spouse with Bell. Wanted to move both, but this 15 day limit is scary. Don't want to get stuck on Freedom.
Nov 16, 2016
24 posts
14 upvotes
ericzchu wrote: what's going to happen after 90 days? Do you keep getting 6GB of bonus data when you prepay 90 days?
You have to prepay $120 for the next 90 days. It is best to choose auto pay option, that way you are not worried about losing the plan. Autopay option also gives you a $6 discount which means $38 per month instead of $40. As long as you don't allow the plan to lapse, you won't lose your bonus data or plan.
Last edited by GutsnGlory on Jun 15th, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
GiOBoY wrote: Yea, not sure why they are targeting Freedom customers only.

If you are on Freedom right now, I would not hesitate to move... do it and never look back.
Agreed 100%. Moved over from "Robbers" and my signal is 10 fold better and knock on wood, have yet to have a single issue with them. Top notch service on a great network
What's in your wallet?
Feb 15, 2010
189 posts
62 upvotes
#$%&, I just signed up for Public Mobile last month, when I was debating between them and the $40 Freedom Mobile plan...
Anyway of taking advantage of this as a new PM customer?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sep 30, 2008
556 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
ChipCookie wrote: Thanks OP, wont sign up for it, but this is a great deal. Just a note for everyone when choosing the plan:

Build Your Plan.

90-day plan
Unlimited Province-wide1 Talk
Unlimited Global Text
6GB* data
Plan Subtotal: $120 ($40/month) plus applicable taxes

*Note: You must select the 6GB/90 days plan option for this promotion to be applied. Selecting any other option will not work. 6GB bonus will be added within 72 hours - that’s 12GB over 90 days = 4GB/month for $40!3 Please check your online account/self-serve to verify you have received your bonus 6GB.
So is the data 4 or 6 GB per month?
PROUD KOODO CLIENT!
:)
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
NewToRfd wrote: I don't get why they don't open this up for everyone? Wouldn't they get more customers?.
Because this is simply predatory pricing by Telus (the owner of Public Mobile) to try to kill Freedom Mobile. They don't want to disrupt the existing Bell / Rogers / Telus oligopoly. They definitely do NOT want Telus and Koodo customers moving to Public Mobile.

Disclaimer: I am a current Public Mobile customer and very happy with the service.
Last edited by Kurtz7834 on Jun 15th, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)