Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

$40 ($38 with AutoPay) 4GB Province wide calling for existing Freedom Mobile Customers

Dec 26, 2016
183 posts
38 upvotes
Kitchener
If anyone wants a referral, PM me.
I can do that for my first line.

edit: Two RFDers contacted me. That was fast.
Last edited by Sunshower on Jun 30th, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 1, 2014
69 posts
20 upvotes
Port Moody, BC
Blehh wrote: for my friend that activated on wednesday around noon, the 12gb showed up thursday evening
I activated Wednesday around midnight and 12gb showed up around 2pm Friday - all times Pacific
Dec 26, 2016
183 posts
38 upvotes
Kitchener
I'm setting up multiple (3) lines with PM now.
Do I need to create three accounts & self serve accounts for each line?
I would like to make 3 lines in a single account, so I can manage them easily.

And, is the cost for first three months is $120 + tax?
I saw someone paid $120 without tax, so I'm just curious before I activate my lines.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10185 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
Any idea under my plan it says,
Pick & Pay

This plan includes: -
- 12GB Data
- Expired
- Unlimited International Text
- Unlimited Provincial Talk
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5639 upvotes
Muskoka
Sunshower wrote: I'm setting up multiple (3) lines with PM now.
Do I need to create three accounts & self serve accounts for each line?
I would like to make 3 lines in a single account, so I can manage them easily.

And, is the cost for first three months is $120 + tax?
I saw someone paid $120 without tax, so I'm just curious before I activate my lines.
One account per phone number and you must use a different email address for each one. I know it's a pain. Also, only use a credit card for 2 accts for activation. Use another card for the 3rd account. Once all is up and running, you can switch to use all the same card. Just activation seems to be the issue.

If you have gmail.com or outlook.com you can use email alias to spoof that you have different email address
Public Mobile
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
Variability wrote: Any idea under my plan it says,
This is exactly what you want to see. The expired means the plan you are placed on is grandfathered. It is actually the same plan code as the 2016 fall promo which is why it is "expired". Anyway, no worries, it is all good.
Dec 26, 2016
183 posts
38 upvotes
Kitchener
will888 wrote: This is exactly what you want to see. The expired means the plan you are placed on is grandfathered. It is actually the same plan code as the 2016 fall promo which is why it is "expired". Anyway, no worries, it is all good.
Is it normal to see total of $135.60 for total for first sign up?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
Sunshower wrote: Is it normal to see total of $135.60 for total for first sign up?
$120 + HST = $135.60. What do you think?
Dec 26, 2016
183 posts
38 upvotes
Kitchener
will888 wrote: $120 + HST = $135.60. What do you think?
Ughh, I saw someone only paid $120 without tax, so I just asked if anyone got that as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3176 posts
691 upvotes
Sunshower wrote: Ughh, I saw someone only paid $120 without tax, so I just asked if anyone got that as well.
Last year, when I signed up, they had a glitch in their system and Public Mobile did not charge tax on the first payment, I am not sure if they have fixed that now...

It showed taxes when in the payment screen, however, when the charge posted on my credit card, it was without taxes. Many experienced the same :)
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2101 posts
231 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
I think it's shoddy coding on their site.. my wife got no tax a few months ago. I got tax.
Dec 26, 2016
183 posts
38 upvotes
Kitchener
Hmm, it keeps saying "Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information."
May 24, 2008
759 posts
304 upvotes
Edmonton ish
OK so Freedom has now come up with response and it's huge! Check it out on their website, extra gb, extra months discounts on lte plans and for 12 month's but only up to July 5th. http://www.freedommobile.ca/plans
Telus Unlimited 30 5G - Unlimited nationwide talk, text, and 30GB data at 5G speed up to 250Mbps x3 lines at $38 per line and 2 lines with Unltd 150g CAN-US for $38 (yes i have rolling credits!) and 1 home phone lite $20pm.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Sunshower wrote: I got 3 SIM cards from PM today.
What do I do now?
Do I activate all 3 lines in a single account?
Is there any referral bonus other 2 lines can use if I activate a line first?
PM is limited to one line per account. One you activate one , you can refer the other two to that account.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2101 posts
231 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
keefrto1 wrote: OK so Freedom has now come up with response and it's huge! Check it out on their website, extra gb, extra months discounts on lte plans and for 12 month's but only up to July 5th. http://www.freedommobile.ca/plans
Better than their attempt at a 150 year deal, but still porting out to PM.
May 24, 2008
759 posts
304 upvotes
Edmonton ish
It's a better one for sure $70 in pocket AND 2 gb extra. Lte plans need to keep improving across Freedom zones now
Telus Unlimited 30 5G - Unlimited nationwide talk, text, and 30GB data at 5G speed up to 250Mbps x3 lines at $38 per line and 2 lines with Unltd 150g CAN-US for $38 (yes i have rolling credits!) and 1 home phone lite $20pm.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
keefrto1 wrote: OK so Freedom has now come up with response and it's huge! Check it out on their website, extra gb, extra months discounts on lte plans and for 12 month's but only up to July 5th. http://www.freedommobile.ca/plans
At the end of the day, this service still runs on an inferior network. The $5 discount lasts only one year. I would encourage people to look past the sweetness of low price. If I can justify leaving a plan that cost $25 per month for 5 gigs for a plan that is 50% more, this says something about the quality of the service, at least in the GTA.
May 24, 2008
759 posts
304 upvotes
Edmonton ish
will888 wrote: At the end of the day, this service still runs on an inferior network. The $5 discount lasts only one year. I would encourage people to look past the sweetness of low price. If I can justify leaving a plan that cost $25 per month for 5 gigs for a plan that is 50% more, this says something about the quality of the service, at least in the GTA.
Am no fanboy for sure and if I was living in gta I would be pissed. But I live in Alberta and it's a great offer. However the network needs to be stable across all Freedom Mobile area and only then will they be truly a challenge to the big three
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1514 posts
1401 upvotes
Digital Gulag
Noob1ee wrote: Last year, when I signed up, they had a glitch in their system and Public Mobile did not charge tax on the first payment, I am not sure if they have fixed that now...

It showed taxes when in the payment screen, however, when the charge posted on my credit card, it was without taxes. Many experienced the same :)
yep me and the gf both got the 120 without tax. :) strange thing is that she got a 6 dollar credit and I got a 7 dollar credit instead
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5707 posts
2276 upvotes
xblackrainbow wrote: yep me and the gf both got the 120 without tax. :) strange thing is that she got a 6 dollar credit and I got a 7 dollar credit instead
Didn't check my credit card account until I saw this and got curious, No there wasn't tax for me

26/06/2017 PUBLIC MOBILE 855-4782542 BC $120.00
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)