Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

4GB for $55/30 days Promo

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2017 3:48 pm
Apr 13, 2017
476 posts
245 upvotes
Many of us got the 5 gig for $50 from Fido when we asked for a pricematch for the Freedom price. No contract and no 30 day limit.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5639 upvotes
Muskoka
I think the real deal here is the 90 day / Province Wide / Global Text / 6gb for $84. You get a larger discount .

Broken down for 30day ave = $26 (with auto pay) you get province wide and 2GB.

Actually - the original deal the OP posted, you can add Canada Wide for free. They increase the the discount when you go Cda Wide. So this makes it a little hotter.

Of course, we could be subject to website errors in the first few hours
Last edited by spots01 on Apr 21st, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20470 upvotes
This offering is too pricey compared to the 2016 fall promotion. If I recommended it to people, I would likely be questioned about my motives. As much as I love getting more referral credits, it is not worth the risk of alienation. Drop the price by $10 per month and I would say it is worth getting. BTW, the offering has gone live, it has been announced on the Public Mobile community forum.
Jun 22, 2003
379 posts
180 upvotes
Oakville
spotts01 wrote: I think the real deal here is the 90 day / Province Wide / Global Text / 6gb for $84. You get a larger discount .

I believe it's a bug with calculator. Can't pick this when actually trying to change the plan.
Mar 1, 2009
397 posts
104 upvotes
Y2BNE1 wrote: I believe it's a bug with calculator. Can't pick this when actually trying to change the plan.
The no data option is $81 when you add 6GB it only adds $3 to the plan cost.
Feb 15, 2006
255 posts
15 upvotes
KamS046 wrote: Many of us got the 5 gig for $50 from Fido when we asked for a pricematch for the Freedom price. No contract and no 30 day limit.
Can one still get this offer if existing customer?
Jun 22, 2003
379 posts
180 upvotes
Oakville
Zaslav wrote: The no data option is $81 when you add 6GB it only adds $3 to the plan cost.
Yeah, that's on "Our Plans" page only. When you try to actually pick that plan in "My Account" I am unable to get that price.

Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
spotts01 wrote: I think the real deal here is the 90 day / Province Wide / Global Text / 6gb for $84. You get a larger discount .

Actually - the original deal the OP posted, you can add Canada Wide for free. They increase the the discount when you go Cda Wide. So this makes it a little hotter.

Of course, we could be subject to website errors in the first few hours
That would be a super hot deal, and I would actually switch from the $38 4 GB plan I'm on now, to a $26 2GB plan. But it sounds like it doesn't work, too good to be true.
Apr 20, 2017
616 posts
428 upvotes
If the price could drop down to $45, I'd love to switch to Public Mobile
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
This is an OK deal, better than almost all the other options in Ontario if you actually need 4 GB / month of data. If you can get by with 2 GB and 400 daytime minutes, Zoomer's plan is a much better deal, especially given you get a free phone on a 2 year contract.
Apr 13, 2017
476 posts
245 upvotes
ss7 wrote: Can one still get this offer if existing customer?
It was a retention offer so yes. It's actually for existing customers and they were known to reject people who hadn't been with Fido for at least 3 months.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: That would be a super hot deal, and I would actually switch from the $38 4 GB plan I'm on now, to a $26 2GB plan. But it sounds like it doesn't work, too good to be true.
It DOES work, it is their regular plan. Unfortunately some 3 to 4GB per month is a sweet spot for me,
my usage would not fit into 2GB, otherwise I'd switch too...
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Tichi wrote: It DOES work, it is their regular plan. Unfortunately some 3 to 4GB per month is a sweet spot for me,
my usage would not fit into 2GB, otherwise I'd switch too...
No, the 2GB plan is $40 a month, not $26 - it's a website error. If there was a $26 2GB LTE plan available with province wide calling and text everyone and his dog would switch to it.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Public mobile customer service is nearly non existant. Would never use them again, my mom had a plan the $20 unlimited plus $8 us call and texting and they cut her line by accident, they even admitted to it.. said they had the payment in but it didn't go into the account on their end.. at that point they no longer had the $20 plan the $30 was the new version and they had $15 add on for us calling and texting. So $45 for the new plan and she was paying $28 before.. it was their fault and they did nothing to help her when it was their mistake. You guys might have a better experience, but she switched back to Rogers and just latched onto my data share everything plan for $35 a month plus $20 for us talk and international text. Costs more, but rather not give my money to public mobile.

TLDR, they cancel your grandfathered plans even when it's their fault, and won't honor it again. No contract so SoL.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
Y2BNE1 wrote: I believe it's a bug with calculator. Can't pick this when actually trying to change the plan.
Оh.. sorry for my misleading post just above.. It seems indeed a bug. I was able to get $84/3months half hour ago, but now it is $120/3 months.
Guess they fixed the bug :( ..
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote: Public mobile customer service is nearly non existant. Would never use them again, my mom had a plan the $20 unlimited plus $8 us call and texting and they cut her line by accident, they even admitted to it.. said they had the payment in but it didn't go into the account on their end.. at that point they no longer had the $20 plan the $30 was the new version and they had $15 add on for us calling and texting. So $45 for the new plan and she was paying $28 before.. it was their fault and they did nothing to help her when it was their mistake. You guys might have a better experience, but she switched back to Rogers and just latched onto my data share everything plan for $35 a month plus $20 for us talk and international text. Costs more, but rather not give my money to public mobile.

TLDR, they cancel your grandfathered plans even when it's their fault, and won't honor it again. No contract so SoL.
As someone pointed out just above, it is much more comfortable to send a forum message, or an e-mail, and get a reply within an hour, rather then to spend endless hours on the phohe :)
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: No, the 2GB plan is $40 a month, not $26 - it's a website error. If there was a $26 2GB LTE plan available with province wide calling and text everyone and his dog would switch to it.
sure :) sorry, it was a bug
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Are RFDers crashing the PM site? Lol... The self service portal seems to be struggling right now.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Too bad. :( For $26/month I would switch from Freedom, 2 gb per month is enough for me.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Tichi wrote: Оh.. sorry for my misleading post just above.. It seems indeed a bug. I was able to get $84/3months half hour ago, but now it is $120/3 months.
Guess they fixed the bug :( ..
Did you actually successfully switch to this $26 error plan? Others reporting it didn't work when they tried in self serve.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)