Expired Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] 4gb plan $40 IF you can find a SIM purchased within guideline YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2017 1:55 pm
[OP]
Member
Dec 29, 2016
247 posts
449 upvotes

4gb plan $40 IF you can find a SIM purchased within guideline YMMV

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 3, 2017
Retailer:
Public Mobile
First time poster, long timer lurker. According to Public Mobiles website, If some redflaggers can find a SIM purchased when the sale was active, you can get the plan of the century BUT for a limited time; Feb 3rd to be exact.

Only reason I made the post, is cause I know some people bought the SIM but never used it and were once looking to sell. They will ask for the order number to get the promotion from PUBLIC, if you dont have it, they are unable to activate a promotional code.

Huge YMMV. This can be a hot deal for some, for those who missed out, and for the serious who live for the deal, cause that promo was HHOOTTTT

First post, like if you liked it
90 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2014
628 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
What about if received a free sim during that period? Can that still work?
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15565 posts
1541 upvotes
GTA
pls move to cell phone discussion
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 22, 2013
1556 posts
669 upvotes
Markham
LOL deal of the century! There's bound to be better plans... Eventually.
cd ~/cloudbox
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2006
3404 posts
3015 upvotes
Muskoka
I don't think the actual SIM matters that much, but you need the invoice number associated with purchase. My point is, they didn't track the SIM #s with each purchase, but they can trace an invoice # to a date. So I think all you would need is a valid invoice # with any SIM no matter when it was purchased.

FYI - I ordered a few more SIMs this past Monday afternoon, and they arrived with the Tuesday mail, so they are quick to ship. ExpressPost.
Koodo
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1036 upvotes
Richmond
I really don't understand how this is a deal of a century -IF- the alternative is simply use a dual sim phone. Put a tablet plan with 3 GB of data a month and voice is only around $25. Using extra data is only $10 a month. Even if you use 4 GB, you come to about $35. And you can get this plan much easier without hunting for a specific sim card.

Decent deal, sure. Deal of a century? little bit hyping it up I say?
Sr. Member
Oct 7, 2009
681 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
ID01 wrote: I really don't understand how this is a deal of a century -IF- the alternative is simply use a dual sim phone. Put a tablet plan with 3 GB of data a month and voice is only around $25. Using extra data is only $10 a month. Even if you use 4 GB, you come to about $35. And you can get this plan much easier without hunting for a specific sim card.

Decent deal, sure. Deal of a century? little bit hyping it up I say?
Buying a dual sim phone will kill your idea for most people.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Sr. Member
Oct 7, 2009
681 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
spotts01 wrote: I don't think the actual SIM matters that much, but you need the invoice number associated with purchase. My point is, they didn't track the SIM #s with each purchase, but they can trace an invoice # to a date. So I think all you would need is a valid invoice # with any SIM no matter when it was purchased.
If that is true, then I do have an invoice number in which I ordered 2 sims, I used one and sold the other. If what you are saying is true then can I not just give the invoice number and activate the discontinued plan with any recently purchased sim ? I can activate at least two more because they never asked for invoice number when I activated my sim that came with that invoice.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Banned
Sep 5, 2016
344 posts
370 upvotes
jigz787 wrote: Buying a dual sim phone will kill your idea for most people.
I am also agree with this. dual phones are costly, while buying a phone from provider and unlock it is much cheaper & with higher specification.
For example LG G4 , or Samsung S5 neo cost about $100 but dual sim phone cost more then $200 with less specification. I need to buy Dual sim phone but not able to find any attractive deal so for time being I am using two different phones.
Satisfied Customer from these providers :-
Koodo Mobile
Public Mobile
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2133 posts
729 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone who got their plan renewed for 3 months again from the original $40/4gb plan realize you paid less than what you should? Ie. I should have paid $35 w/ auto&referral but will be paying $31 b/c they calculated referral wrong
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2006
3404 posts
3015 upvotes
Muskoka
Dynasty12345 wrote: Anyone who got their plan renewed for 3 months again from the original $40/4gb plan realize you paid less than what you should? Ie. I should have paid $35 w/ auto&referral but will be paying $31 b/c they calculated referral wrong
Yes - my daughter got about $27 in referral credits last week on her renewal - I think she was expecting about $10
Koodo
Public Mobile
Sr. Member
Aug 16, 2015
678 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have two sims I ordered several months before the deal - any suggestion that those would count as well?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
13726 posts
1913 upvotes
Mississauga
georgep wrote: I have two sims I ordered several months before the deal - any suggestion that those would count as well?
Worth a try.
Jr. Member
Sep 1, 2015
111 posts
34 upvotes
Ajax, ON
The original promotion was $40 6GB a month, correct? Is this one offering 6GB or 4GB?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2006
3404 posts
3015 upvotes
Muskoka
Orig deal was 12GB for 90 days - averages out to 4GB month, but you can use the 12GB over the 90days however you want.
Koodo
Public Mobile

Top