Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

9.66$/month, ideal for lite users such as kids, parents, etc. plz see calculation + $25 Referral credit for both parties

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2019 11:27 am
Jul 12, 2013
342 posts
180 upvotes
Halifax

9.66$/month, ideal for lite users such as kids, parents, etc. plz see calculation + $25 Referral credit for both parties

Deal Link:
Price:
$9.66
Retailer:
Public Mobile
This is my first thread so please be nice to me.....Smiling Face With Open Mouth...and please point out any mistakes.

Public Mobile prepaid Advantages
1) Cheap and value for money
2) Reliable coverage and service ( same as Telus, koodo, Bell, Virgin, since it uses same tower)
3) Flexibility to switch back and forth between plans, so if going on vacation can still keep the number (I guess 90 days the line will be active)
4) US and Intrl calling (via addon)
5) US Roaming addon for cheap , the advantage is you pay in advance and won't have to worry about a bill later
6) Data Addon and call addon carried over until it ends, no time limits
7) Flexibility to switch to a 5GB plan and back to 1GB plan or 8$ plan each month depending on the usage needs.

Current hot promo Edited, added 25$ credit to the below calculation Limited time offer Feb 14 - March 18 2019 Valid on online only activation
1) $25 Referral credit for both parties until Mar 18
Link to the Deal https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... m-p/326380

2) Cheap US Roaming
What you need is a temp line for US roaming. with the March Break coming up next week.

Get unlimited calling to Cda and US, unlimited texting, and 250MB of data while in the US of A, all for $20 +tax CAD, good for 10 days which should cover most March Break vacations.
1 - Get a PM SIM ($10)
2 - Get a referral number
3 - create a new activation at home and sign up for this $10 plan. You will get a $25 credit applied to you account.
4 - Just before you leave Canada for Disney World, add the 10-day US Roaming add-on package for $20 (paid by the credit) that gives you calling/texting and some data while in the US
5 - Optional - if your current plan has call forwarding, you could call-fwd your current line to your new PM number, or port in.
The $25 referral credit goes until Mar18.

3) Other plans with more data includes
a) 23$ for 1Gb and unlimited text and talk (Special Offer!)
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans ... MB-3Gspeed
b) 13$ for 250mb , unlimited text and 100 min talk

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans ... MB-3Gspeed
more Plan details here.
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

$9.66/month Calculation
This is an existing deal but I am just showing my calculations

Public Mobile 10$ Plan
50 MINUTES Canada-wide Talk
UNLIMITED Incoming Text
50 TEXTS Outgoing International Text
VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display

1GB Data addon for 30$
Which never expire until you use up 1gb data

400 International Long Distance minutes Addon cost 15$
Which will never expire until you use up the minutes
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

If you combine all 3, along with Autopay 2$ discount and 25$ referral credit here is my calculation.
8*12 + 15 + 30 -25 = 116 /12 = 9.66+ tax

if we divide the data 1024mb /12months = 85mb and 400min/12 months = 33 mins
What we get to use each month on an average for 9.66$ is as follows
50 mins talktime
50 text
85mb data avg
33 International minutes.

For incoming calls which could be long always forward to a Fongo....call forwarding won't use up minutes in public mobile like other providers. Tried and confirmed.
From our experience call forwarding does not count towards Public Mobile minutes, what we do is use the conditional call forwarding, the link below and works for most phones
https://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/59404/u ... ng-iphone/

The reason for this post is because, this worked out for my family member who needed to some data , some international minutes ( or US calls or for emergency etc) + some talk-time and few text,...only ideal for very light users. who need all these.
Attaching 1 month usage of our profile to make my point....

To add to this, someone might have questions about going forward from second year what could be the bill. here is the breakdown,.

over the years you may end up getting few referrals and the price should be even less then....also account in the loyalty credit of 1$ every year.... considering all that, the possibility is your bill could be even lesser than 9.66 from next year onward..

For example 12$ loyalty credit the second year, you have to do nothing to get this.... just be with them for 1 year and you get 1$ off every month... now over the years you might end up referring someone, lets consider you only referred 1 person.
8 ( base plan) X12 +15(talk addon) +30(data addon) - 12 (loyalty) -12( 1 referral) = 9.75

And if you refer more people or if you refer during the 25$ credit time, then you can come close to 0$/month if you referred for example 4-5 people.
Images
  • PM.PNG
  • Capture.PNG
Last edited by aniadoor1 on Mar 21st, 2019 9:08 am, edited 39 times in total.
Thread Summary
Newbie should read first page to get the general idea about the deal. Then, read the last few pages to determine whether the deal is still going. Ask after reading if you still have question.

$25 referral promo is online activation only and will expire on March 18. If you want to take advantage of the 6 months $10 credit/m on $30+ plan, activate youyr plan at home by March 4th. Please note that you will get only $10 if you activate in store.

Cheap US Roaming by spotts01
What you need is a temp line for US roaming. with the March Break coming up next week.

Get unlimited calling to Cda and US, unlimited texting, and 250MB of data while in the US of A, all for $20 +tax CAD, good for 10 days which should cover most March Break vacations.
1 - Get a PM SIM ($10)
2 - Get a referral number
3 - create a new activation at home and sign up for this $10 plan. You will get a $25 credit applied to you account.
4 - Just before you leave Canada for Disney World, add the 10-day US Roaming add-on package for $20 (paid by the credit) that gives you calling/texting and some data while in the US
5 - Optional - if your current plan has call forwarding, you could call-fwd your current line to your new PM number, or port in.

The $25 referral credit goes until Mar18.

Please also see the following thread and read thread summary for details and FAQ.

public-mobile-8-50-canada-wide-minutes- ... s-2185821/

ALSO:

Does call forwarding consume included minutes? (Answered by slpless)
Yes. Both incoming and outgoing calls are counted. Even calls unanswered and forwarded to voicemail use up minutes. By disabling voicemail using extended absence greeting, you won't see minutes deducted.
735 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2011
1606 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
At this point, if you are looking for a cheap phone plan, you might better off just get data plan for $15. VOIP and all other instant messaging program would be good enough for daily communication.
With google hangout/fango, the daily phone call could be made free with good signal connection. Plus in case of emergency, the phone is still able to dial 911.

It would be much better comparing to get a basic phone with similar price tag IMO, just my 2 cents...
Nov 19, 2017
511 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
This is exactly what I am planning to do when my Fido $15 3gb data plan's 2 year contract expires. Ideal for my cell phone usage. Great summary.
Last edited by Guest927374844 on Feb 18th, 2019 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 19, 2017
511 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
acbay21 wrote: At this point, if you are looking for a cheap phone plan, you might better off just get data plan for $15. VOIP and all other instant messaging program would be good enough for daily communication.
With google hangout/fango, the daily phone call could be made free with good signal connection. Plus in case of emergency, the phone is still able to dial 911.

It would be much better comparing to get a basic phone with similar price tag IMO, just my 2 cents...
I did this for the last 15 months, but I decided to move to public $10 with data & long distance add-ons. Too much hassle and incovenience for me.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2011
1606 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
slpless wrote: I did this for the last 15 months, but I decided to move to public $10 with data & long distance add-ons. Too much hassle and incovenience for me.
Yes, it would be a bit work to sort everything through. Totally agrees. But for parents, especially kids, to keep the 85MB data usage will almost be impossible LOL
Jul 12, 2013
342 posts
180 upvotes
Halifax
acbay21 wrote: At this point, if you are looking for a cheap phone plan, you might better off just get data plan for $15. VOIP and all other instant messaging program would be good enough for daily communication.

I completely understand and we have tried it years back. but for emergency voip is not dependable via data connections...it depends on location/coverage aswell...so didn't workout for us..
Nov 19, 2017
511 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
acbay21 wrote:
Yes, it would be a bit work to sort everything through. Totally agrees. But for parents, especially kids, to keep the 85MB data usage will almost be impossible LOL
True. This will only work for light data users and/or heavy wi-fi users.
Last edited by Guest927374844 on Feb 1st, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 21, 2014
62 posts
62 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
50 texts may be sufficient for seniors but definitely not for kids. Just my humble opinion. Would love to see Public offer an add on for additional texts.
Nov 19, 2017
511 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
windfan wrote: 50 texts may be sufficient for seniors but definitely not for kids. Just my humble opinion. Would love to see Public offer an add on for additional texts.
That would be the best scenario.

Also, $8 per month will be $3 after 5 years thanks to loyalty discount, $1 each year up to $5.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8556 posts
1056 upvotes
If you live within the city with good coverage you can also use the $15 Freedom mobile plan which has 250MB data per month,
a
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1577 posts
1189 upvotes
It's not $11.75/month, it's $8 per month and then you can choose whatever add-ons you need.
Jul 12, 2013
342 posts
180 upvotes
Halifax
slpless wrote: That would be the best scenario.

Also, $8 per month will be $3 after 5 years thanks to loyalty discount, $1 each year up to $5.
Agree with both @slpless @windfan , the next option is to choose 25$ plan = 23$ this will make a big difference sadly
Mar 3, 2016
71 posts
30 upvotes
I have the $8 pm plan (50 text+50min) for my son + $15 3gb data from fido with dual sim card. I think it's a good bundle
Jul 12, 2013
342 posts
180 upvotes
Halifax
elfen2 wrote: It's not $11.75/month, it's $8 per month and then you can choose whatever add-ons you need.
Correct... 11.75$ is the calculated value after adding the addons and if they are able to survive with it..
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
3246 posts
1807 upvotes
Pardon my ignorance...so can I purchase the 30 day plan for $10 /month and THEN add the $30 1GB 3g data that doesn't expire and rolls over? My mum proabaly uses like 50mb/month with Whatsapp, but she wants a little data...
Banned
Jan 31, 2019
13 posts
3 upvotes
elty wrote: If you live within the city with good coverage you can also use the $15 Freedom mobile plan which has 250MB data per month,
I have this plan. Good plan for my use.
Jul 12, 2013
342 posts
180 upvotes
Halifax
yyz2hkg wrote: Pardon my ignorance...so can I purchase the 30 day plan for $10 /month and THEN add the $30 1GB 3g data that doesn't expire and rolls over? My mum proabaly uses like 50mb/month with Whatsapp, but she wants a little data...
Correct, This is exactly the reason for the post, my family member's case is same, there is wifi at work and home, so just need data for google map, whatsapp, fb etc only
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1577 posts
1189 upvotes
yyz2hkg wrote: Pardon my ignorance...so can I purchase the 30 day plan for $10 /month and THEN add the $30 1GB 3g data that doesn't expire and rolls over? My mum proabaly uses like 50mb/month with Whatsapp, but she wants a little data...
Yes, and it's only $8 per month if you auto-pay and you get a $10 credit if you use a referral.
Nov 19, 2017
511 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
Correct.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
3246 posts
1807 upvotes
aniadoor1 wrote: Correct, This is exactly the reason for the post, my family member's case is same, there is wifi at work and home, so just need data for google map, whatsapp, fb etc only
So when she runs out of data, can she purchase additional data along the way?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)